To the Northlands!-Gamethread

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

The Silly Dragon

Re: To the Northlands!-Gamethread

#61 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Arken drew his Sword just as Cynthia thought he would. In the blink of an eye her own Bow was notched with an arrow and aimed at Arken. If he was to attack she would let this arrow fly and to be honest she wanted him to so she an excuse to cut him down. She doesn't say anything though only watches to see how this situation will unfold.

Her vision blurred alittle and she shook her head to get rid of it but that made it worse. Now all she could see was blurred silhouettes of colour where before there were people. She keeps her aim trained on where the blur of Arken was standing but it was getting hard to see. Her headache was getting worse too like someone was twisting a knife inside her skull.
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Mentheus of Caledor

#62 Post by Mentheus of Caledor »

Lenaethis sighed, as he slowly worked to release his anger.
"Lower your sword, Arken. This is not the time, nor the place for battle. But I would have you take care. We have borne your insults with little retaliation. I warn you that my, and I have no doubt the others, patience is running thin. Continue along this path and you will find yourself in trouble. And it is more than clear that by attacking me you will only doom yourself. More than likely, you will catch an arrow from our Nagarythian friend, if you are extremely lucky, you will escape this building alive. The swordmasters guarding the grounds, however, will not take lightly to an assault on their captain. You are allowed here only by the grace of Kalossir. Do not test that which he has granted you."

Lenaethis' grip on his great sword relaxed.
"Surely you are not so much a fool as to go through with this?"

Out of the corner of his eye he noticed Cynthia slightly wavering, he noticed her slightly shake her head.

something is wrong with her... Lenaethis thought.
"They thought we had all but died out, but as we take to the skies our foes will tremble with fear, for they will know the True Dragon Princes have returned."
Arratak

#63 Post by Arratak »

"you captain are the lucky one. Consider yourself warned." and with that said he sheathed his elven blade and turned to walk away. All the while his pipe hanging from the corner of his mouth.
[quote="Ptolemy"]
"My eagles are going to die. If you choose how they die, you'll win the game. If you let me choose, I'll win the game." [/quote]

[url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg[/img][/url]
The Silly Dragon

#64 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Cynthia lowered her bow and replaced the arrow into her quiver too after seeing Arken stand down all the while thinking, 'thats right human know your place!'. But the headache was starting to make her dizzy too and she had to sit down on the floor trying to hide it from the others as she did so. While sitting down the headache started to subside but she stayed on the floor making it look like she was inspecting her bow for damage.

While she started to feel better she couldn't help but wonder what the hell just happened, maybe its all the magic here? If so she couldn't wait to get out of this place.
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Arratak

#65 Post by Arratak »

He kept walking out of the courtyard and back towards the main towers of hoeth.

He set his jaw and the pipe glowed as he stalked away.

Why did I bother to answer this call. Perhaps part of me wanted them to accept me back. But this was the reason S'crellion hated his own kind, their arrogance has been manifesting since their birth millennia ago.
[quote="Ptolemy"]
"My eagles are going to die. If you choose how they die, you'll win the game. If you let me choose, I'll win the game." [/quote]

[url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg[/img][/url]
John Rainbow

#66 Post by John Rainbow »

Alithir stood in the doorway. Across the courtyard he could see Arken stalking away.

"The Loremaster called on you for a reason Arken!" he shouted after him, "I may not like you but I believe that we may have need of you. You are not an Elf, but you do not belong amongst the Humans either. I promise you, you shall have no peace if you walk away from this."
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#67 Post by Elithmar »

"Right, with or without the human, let's get on with it! I didn't come here to watch you squabble, I came here to go on this expedition. So put your weapons away and hold your tongues so we can go, or I'll put an arrow through each of your skulls before you can even raise your swords." Selthar was really getting annoyed with these Asur and, of course, the human. Too much talking and not enough action!
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
John Rainbow

#68 Post by John Rainbow »

Alithir agreed with the Asrai archer. It was time for action. There was no time to be wasted on such arguments as had been passing back and forth earlier in the day. Hopefully the human would cool off outside and come back into the manse with an apology and ready to get down to business.
Arratak

#69 Post by Arratak »

Why did I bother, ah! Curse these people! I owe them nothing! I don't need to prove anything to them. S'crellion why.... Ah! I will avenge you, I swear it!

Arken had walked a short way and stood staring at a plaque in memorial to swordmasters fallen from ages past. Many names were there, at the bottom of the list was the name S'crellion followed by a few more Arken didn't recognise. He stood still for a time... Paying respects to his fallen master, he whispered a silent prayer to Asuryan and turned to head back to kalossir's mansion.

The others were still talking when he arrived, he floated on the edges of the group. A frown upon his face listening, in silent meditation.
[quote="Ptolemy"]

Yvran the Prince

#70 Post by Yvran the Prince »

Kalossir re-entered the room. No one had seen him leave. "Come, my friends," he said, "I have finished my preparations. It is time you finished yours. Follow me. We have been granted access to the armouries of the White Tower. There are many weapons and other pieces of equipment there. You may take what you like. We may also be allowed to use some things from the other armoury. I will ask."
"If you spend your whole time thinking about the universe, you tend to forget the less important bits of it. Like your pants."

"Dojo! What is Rule One?"
"Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!"

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#71 Post by Elithmar »

"I need only Elothral. I suppose a few extra blades wouldn't harm though... Especially if they're enchanted."
John Rainbow

#72 Post by John Rainbow »

Alithir had carried his finely wrought Dragon Armour with him as he travelled to the tower. It was light but sturdy and fitted him well. He was glad to have brought it, for an Elf fought best in armour that was form-fitting and snug. A suit of cobbled together pieces often slowed the warrior that wore it as they could not move as fluidly as they would have liked. As well as being engraved and enamelled, his armour had been blessed and ensorcelled to ward off evil majicks and protect against fire. It would serve him well on this adventure.

To accompany his own hand-and-a-half sword, Alithir chose a small bow of Elven oak. It's short stature would suit him better on a long journey but being made of recurved Oak, it still had plenty of power and range. He also clipped a short dagger and it's sheath to his belt. Another sharp knife was always a welcome addition. Not only would it serve in battle, but it also had many applications at camp and whilst out hunting.

Alithir wanted to know if they would be fighting from horseback. If so he would need a good spear and a heavy shield. He went after the Loremaster to find out...
Arratak

#73 Post by Arratak »

"No weapon in the tower's armoury could ever match the craftsmanship or power that has been poured into the blade that I possess. All the weapons in the world won't help these people defeat what they will face." Arken thought to himself...

He needed no extra weapons and he trusted his own leather armour over the cumbersome platemail. He was equipped with an assortment of various weapons from his ancient blade to daggers in his boots, his heavy crossbow, his shortsword, various tools and alien weapons he has aquirred through his travels.

Death did not scare him, not did fear dying. He had seen to much death in his short lifetime, he was almost insensitive. He had no love for a woman either, after he was captured and tortured by the cult of excess. So he had nothing else to loose. All he had once loved was brutally murdered by the one thing he devoted his life to kill; a daemon possesssed druchii from the cult of excess.
[quote="Ptolemy"]

The Silly Dragon

#74 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Feeling better as the headache and dizzyness faded away she went to stand up. She thought she might fall over or something but whatever it was had passed. Kalossir had offered them access to the Towers armoury and Cynthia was going to take full advantage as this place was renowned for its bounty of powerful artifacts.

She walked over to Kalossir and asked him,
"I would like a new Bow, one that has great distance but is also not too large for close quarters. Also some of that Shadow Armour i hear so much about and i know you have it here in this Tower, that black and crimson armour. Oh and a nice black cloak with a hood to replace this tattered one"

She would not leave without her two Daggers Betrayel and Vengeance they mean't too much to her. The Druchii blade was taken from her very first kill, Betrayel, and the Asur one was gifted to her by an unknown Elf who saved her life and taught her how to kill, Vengeance. She did not want anymore weapons as they would only make noise as she moved and she wanted to be as silent as possible.

Though she did have one other blade concealed in her boot, a rather small one but was as sharp as any master craftsman's blade, she could never remember where she got this one from and it gave her chills whenever she touched it. It was simple and of no origin she knew of and made of some pitch black metal that seemed to suck the very light out of the air around it.
Mentheus of Caledor

#75 Post by Mentheus of Caledor »

"Loremaster, I have no need for any more equipment, aside from perhaps a short sword, just incase..." Lenaethis picked up an ornate short sword and strapped in on around his hip.
"I should need nothing more. At least of the normal kind. I trust in my great sword and scale mail to serve me well." Lenaethis said to Kalossir.

"However... I would not disagree to some enchanted arms and armour." Lenaethis said, a smile creeping onto his face.
"They thought we had all but died out, but as we take to the skies our foes will tremble with fear, for they will know the True Dragon Princes have returned."
Yvran the Prince

#76 Post by Yvran the Prince »

The group were supplied with what they asked for, apart from magical equipment, which Kalossir had yet to obtain for them. Namathur, the arrogant Bladelord overseer of the guards which protect the Arcane Armoury, was refusing Cynthia, Arken and Selthar(?) entry. "Lenaethis I respect for his skill, and both you and the Caledorian outrank me,"he said "But the others cannot enter withhout proving themselves. They must duel me! But I doubt they will win. What a ragtag bunch! An Asrai (read: hippy), a human and a Nagarythi who is scarcely better than a Druchii!"
"We cannot argue. This is written in the laws of the White Tower. You may fight first, Cynthia," said Kalossir, attempting unsuccessfully to hide a smile. The arrogant fool was in for a surprise.

OOC: Namathur is looked down on by other elves because he is very emotional and almost never polite. He is also only of average skill for a Blademaster (which is still quite good). Other Swordmasters are the only people he respects. He is half human which partly explains his rash nature. No-one knows this, however, so he is only insulted behind his back.

TSD, roll a number of dice equal to your points in the skill you want to use to attack him. I'll roll for him. 4-5= 1 success, 6=2. 1 is -1 success. Most successes wins. Detail the fight in your post.
"If you spend your whole time thinking about the universe, you tend to forget the less important bits of it. Like your pants."

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
Arratak

#77 Post by Arratak »

OOC: I think you should write the fight scenes :P we just tell you our roll.

"I don't need any weapons, but if I have to fight him I will." stated Arken. "Let's just get a move on Kalossir."

He folded his arms and continued puffing on his newly lit pipe.
[quote="Ptolemy"]

The Silly Dragon

#78 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Cynthia steps up but curses this Kalossir for making her go first. The others were watching and this she did not like at all, the eyes stabbing her in the back with their staring, how she wanted to pluck each one of them out screaming 'stop looking at me!' she hated being watched.

This Bladelord before her readied himself into a combat stance, maybe a counterstrike or a defensive one? Didn't matter Cynthia merely kept a distance of 10 feet between them and met his eyes with a cold stare. She wondered how far she could go with him? Only bruise him or cut him? She decided to just let whatever happened happen and made her move.

As she ran forwards she ripped her cloak off her shoulders with one hand while her other hand drew Vengeance, she threw her cloak over the Bladelord and then kicked out at his legs attempting to knock him over and then pounce untop with Dagger drawn to his throat.

OOC: Ambush skill used (5). I rolled; 2,3,4,5,5 for a total of 5? Is that good? (and i was hoping to go last so i can really hurt him...but oh well)
Arratak

#79 Post by Arratak »

OOC: you scored 3 pts bro. I think I have to jump in and save you :P hahaha thats why I think yrvan should right the fight scenes... Because that way it works out if we failed the rolls.
Last edited by Arratak on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
[quote="Ptolemy"]

The Silly Dragon

#80 Post by The Silly Dragon »

OOC: oh bullocks yeah...great so much for being a hero... :roll:
Yvran the Prince

#81 Post by Yvran the Prince »

OOC:Namathur rolled a 4,2 and 6 for his power attack skill, scoring 3. Round 2!!!

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
The Silly Dragon

#82 Post by The Silly Dragon »

The Bladelord dodges the cloak but receives a swift kick to the stomach before he can counterstrike which gives Cynthia the chance to step back alittle to get distance once more between them.

So the dirty trick with the cloak wont work against a Bladelord which forces Cynthia to switch tactic. As they circle each other Cynthia sees the faces of the others watching, always watching and staring and she feels her anger build 'stop staring' she hisses through gritted teeth. This kind of conflict wasn't what she was good at, she was used to ambushing and taking out the enemy before they can react not this dueling nonsense! So she instead decides to fight like it was real and not a duel, she was going in for the kill now as a red mist of anger began to cover her thoughts.

He charges sword held high and Cynthia reacts by throwing her Dagger, Vengeance, straight at his face which made him stop to duck under. He was about to say something in protest but Cynthia had notched an arrow in her bow already and was taking aim at the Elve's heart. She was about to fire but a voice inside her head pleaded,
"no, do not kill this one, please!" it was a female's voice too.
Instead she shoots his sword out of his hand by taking aim at its hilt. Now she sees him wide eyes staring at her and screams at him,
"Stop your staring!" but he continues to stare and she draws her other Dagger, Betrayal and begins to move in to slit his throat. The other voice being quiet now, blocked out by pure rage...

OOC: Skill; Nagarythe Archery, 6 dice; 2,3,6,6,6,6 for a total of 8? (no lie! thats why all the anger in the post for her). But someone may want to restrain her, just saying or we gonna have a murder to deal with. The voice in her head is not a Mage or not Kalossir using magic its her story which i will explain as the game goes on.
John Rainbow

#83 Post by John Rainbow »

Alithir drew his sword and swung it upwards in a glittering silver arc to intercept Cynthia's dagger. With a quick flick of his wrist he disarmed the She-Elf and sent her weapon spinning away to a darkened corner of the room. She was aggressive but had no finesse, Alithir found her movements with a blade easy to read as she attacked with rage, flailing her arms more than making use of any real sword play.

He stood, sword held across his chest in a two-handed grip as he spoke "The Asur do not kill other Asur. If you claim to be one of us, choose your next moves wisely or they may just be your last. Begging the forgiveness of you host, the Lord Kalossir would be a good start."
The Silly Dragon

#84 Post by The Silly Dragon »

After a short time catching her breath Cynthia spoke,
"I...will not kill a brother elf no, but i do not apologise, i have never done a duel before and i see any form of combat which you are not at risk is a waste of your time"
She then walked past the bladelord ignoring him completly to retrieve her Dagger,
"Oh and don't ever touch me again or you will lose fingers" she says to Alithir over her shoulder.

OOC: she doesn't 'flail' her arms around in a rage she is still composed and profesional in combat but she just doesn't know when to stop thats all (made her sound like a child having a tantrum! :( ).
Arratak

#85 Post by Arratak »

Arken chuckled a little, "she's a feisty one hey caladorian? I think you upset her. And here I was thinking you didn't know how to use that ornament at your waist." Then he drew on his pipe again and exhaled while continuing to chuckle.
[quote="Ptolemy"]

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#86 Post by Elithmar »

"I think that will suffice, sword master. Who's next then? Me?"

This Sapherian thought he was far better than he actually was. Selthar had watched intently whilst the Nagarathi fought him, probing for weaknesses that could be exploited when he himself fought him.
Arratak

#87 Post by Arratak »

Arken also watched the swordmaster and the she-elf fight and studied both of them, the swordmaster fought as Arken expected for he too knew that style of swordsmanship. But he also knew a few more, one which would open up the weaknesses of the swordmasters style. As for the she-elf, Arken observed her flail and thrash like a child chucking a tantrum or an upset woman. She was careless and reckless but it served her well for it put the opponent off guard. However... The woodelf was up next and as far as Arken could tell, this elf looked like he suited a library not a battle field, he probably read more books then draw his sword in his life.

However, Arken stood back to give the elf room and re-lit his pipe. The tabacco fared red then burned as he drew through the stem.
[quote="Ptolemy"]

The Silly Dragon

#88 Post by The Silly Dragon »

OOC: SHE DOES NOT FLAIL ABOUT! FFS! :evil:
Arratak

#89 Post by Arratak »

OOC: relax bra, that's what type of character you've developed :P
[quote="Ptolemy"]

The Silly Dragon

#90 Post by The Silly Dragon »

OOC: No i didn't develop THAT kind of character John made her flail about not me.