To the Northlands!-Gamethread

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Re: To the Northlands!-Gamethread

#151 Post by Elithmar »

Selthar was the first to step through. The Spellweavers of Athel Loren often cast spells of teleportation to make the journey to a different forest, so he thought it quite natural. Some of the others weren't so confident, as they had never used one before and were suspicious. However they all eventually passed through, and stood on the other side, waiting to see what Kalossir did next.

Selthar left his horse.
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Arratak

#152 Post by Arratak »

Arken's horse panicked as the magic portal appeared in a flash of light. It took a bit of encouragement to coax the horse through but eventually he made it throuh and appeared behind the others.
[quote="Ptolemy"]
"My eagles are going to die. If you choose how they die, you'll win the game. If you let me choose, I'll win the game." [/quote]

[url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg[/img][/url]
John Rainbow

#153 Post by John Rainbow »

The portal swirled and cascaded around him as Alithir passed through. He had left his horse with Finwe. The Elven stable master had seemed capable and there would be no need for a mount in the city of Cothique.
Mentheus of Caledor

#154 Post by Mentheus of Caledor »

Lenaethis stepped through the portal after the others, feeling the strange pull of the portal's magic on his skin as he did so.
"They thought we had all but died out, but as we take to the skies our foes will tremble with fear, for they will know the True Dragon Princes have returned."
Yvran the Prince

#155 Post by Yvran the Prince »

As the group passed through the portal, they came into the Cothiquan city where they would board the ship which would take them to the Old World. It was in this city, famed for it's four great shipyards, that most of the ships in Ulthuan's navy were made.It looked just like any other elven city, apart from one fact: the Repeater Bolt Throwers. There were hundreds of them, and they were everywhere; cleverly disguised as elaborate carvings on the eaves of buildings or as statues of great birds upon their roofs.

"Amuse yourselves for a short time, as the ship is not here yet," said Kalossir "However, it shall arrive soon, and then we will set out."
"If you spend your whole time thinking about the universe, you tend to forget the less important bits of it. Like your pants."

"Dojo! What is Rule One?"
"Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!"

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
John Rainbow

#156 Post by John Rainbow »

Alithir strode down the marbled streets of the city towards the markets. He still needed some new furs, the cold wasteland of the North was their destination and he would need to stave off the brutal, chilling winds that swept through the region. The town was vibrant and bustling with traders. Cothiques was closest to the Lands of Men and the Elves here often traded with them. Finding what he needed would not be difficult.
Yvran the Prince

#157 Post by Yvran the Prince »

An hour later, they all gathered again at the port. Their ship had arrived. It was long and sleek, and lower to the water than most hawkships. Three Great Eagles perched atop the masts, and several Chracian War Lions patrolled the deck. The captain came down to meet them. He was tall and fair, with hair of a stark white. He was dressed for war. He wore silver chainmail and brown robes. A massive white longbow and a quiver full of arrows were slung across his back, a sword was at his left hip and he held a spear in his right hand. When he saw Kalossir, he stopped in surprise. "Brother?!" he exclaimed "It is you!"
Kalossir simply stood there, dumbstruck. He gathered himself and replied:"Ahem, yes... it is I. Everyone, this is my brother Yvran. Eh, how goes your search for Aetharan?"
Yvran did not answer for a moment, as he was laughing. "Brother, you are always so formal! You have not seen me for a century, and all you can do is state that you are, in fact, yourself? You really do amaze me. However, I understand your journey is quite urgent, so let us go now. Why do you want to travel to the Old World while everyone else is busy with war preparations anyway?"
"Let us say I wish to visit an old friend, and leave it at that." said Kalossir, looking pointedly at Yvran.

They set sail, with a mage onboard speeding the ship along with magic. Soon they would reach the Empire.
"If you spend your whole time thinking about the universe, you tend to forget the less important bits of it. Like your pants."

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
John Rainbow

#158 Post by John Rainbow »

The way Kalossir had greeted his brother seemed odd to Alithir but he did not let it worry him. The other Elf, Yvran was it? seemed to be the exact opposite of the Loremaster. While Kalossir was quiet and thoughtful, his brother was quick to laughter and extremely sociable. Alithir looked forward to having another Asuryan companion. The human and the Asrai were stange to him and the other High Elves they traveled with were not ones for talking.
Mentheus of Caledor

#159 Post by Mentheus of Caledor »

Lenaethis was intrigued by the ship. He had never been sailing before, but had always wanted to. He greeted Kalossir's brother as protocol dictated, and then moved to the prow of the ship. It seemed the most proper place for him to be. He wished to learn more of the young Prince Alithir. He was the only one of the group who he could not gauge. The human was quick to anger, grim, but yet held a sense of humor. He was also lucky, as it appeared. The Asrai was nothing else than what he expected from one of his race, distant, even for an elf, almost otherworldly. The nagarythi he had some idea about. But the Caledorian prince had not given any hints towards his temperament. He seemed like the usual noble. It did not pay to make assumptions, however.

Hopefully he would have enough time to make conversation with the young elf on the voyage.
"They thought we had all but died out, but as we take to the skies our foes will tremble with fear, for they will know the True Dragon Princes have returned."
Arratak

#160 Post by Arratak »

Arken moved onto the deck of the ship and waited to set sail
[quote="Ptolemy"]
"My eagles are going to die. If you choose how they die, you'll win the game. If you let me choose, I'll win the game." [/quote]

[url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg[/img][/url]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#161 Post by Elithmar »

Ignoring the others, Selthar immediately started to quiz the sailors about sailing, the hawkship, and anything he didn't know really. They started to tire of his questions though, so eventually he went to sit down on the deck. He saw some of the others talking a little way away, and walked over to listen at a distance.
Yvran the Prince

#162 Post by Yvran the Prince »

The ship landed in the wastelands west of Nordland, near Laurelorn, and the party disembarked. They were in a small, secluded cove, far from prying eyes and used often by an Yvressi friend of Yvran's. They travelled east for a time, parallel to the shore, but it grew dark as the night approched, and so they pitched camp and settled down to sleep.

OOC: Roleplay setting camp etc. and when you're all asleep I'll post again.

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
John Rainbow

#163 Post by John Rainbow »

Alithir was talking to Selthar as they made camp. It had been a long time since he had spoken to one of the Asrai. The chance meeting now took him back to his childhood. His father, Telithir, had once fought alongside their Wood Elf kin and was often called upon to entertain them as guests when a delegation visited Ulthuan.

As a child Alithir had wondered at their strange, other worldly nature. He remembered their voices being melodic and lyrical, their laughter made up of woodland sounds and bird song.

Yet there was little of the capricious and fickle Wood Elf that he remembered so happily from his youth in his companion. It was said that the demeanor of the Asrai changed as the coming and going of the seasons and the changing of the world. Though their task was a grim one, Selthar was inquisitive and interested in all he had to say. Alithir wondered if this was his journey outside the forest of Athel Loren?

(OOC: hope I didn't take any liberties here with your character, I tried not to!
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#164 Post by Elithmar »

Listening to the Asur was interesting, and Selthar listened intently. Asur life seemed so different to Asrai life. He would have to find out more, and he was in the right place, surrounded by Asur.

After a time though, he tired and so bid his companions good night, walking away to find a secluded spot to sleep.

OOC: That's fine. Actually, it's given me an idea of how to develop my character, so thanks.

Also, it's nice to be 'home' :D You said we landed near Laurelorn, and I was in the Laurelornalim faction for A6. Yeah, home... :lol:
Yvran the Prince

#165 Post by Yvran the Prince »

OOC: The reason I had the boat land near Laurelorn was as a kind of "way out" for you. Like you could get homesick and leave the group, then take over Yvran or someone.

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
Arratak

#166 Post by Arratak »

"so this is nordland... I guess from here on out there's no turning back!"

OOC: sorry I haven't posted! Flat out at work and now I'm on holidays! Things have been chaotic! Will try make time though.
[quote="Ptolemy"]

John Rainbow

#167 Post by John Rainbow »

"From his tone, I guess Arken has not traveled here before. I too am unfamiliar with this area. Does anyone know what we can expect here?"
Mentheus of Caledor

#168 Post by Mentheus of Caledor »

"Chaos..." Lenaethis replied, a grimace on his face.
"I can feel it, ever so slightly on the wind from the North. It is both unnatural and unnerving to me. I have never felt it to be associated with anything other than people or trinkets. Not in the wind itself...Perhaps we are yet still in safe enough lands, but I would warn you all to be on your guard as we travel further North. I am sure you all know of what can befall those unwary..."
Lenaethis' expression lightened as he continued. "As for where we are at the moment, I would have no clue as to what dangers face us."
He tried his best to keep a light hearted expression on his face, but he could not shake the feeling of dread he felt emanating from the North.
Arratak

#169 Post by Arratak »

Arken loaded a boltinto his crossbow and rested it against his shoulder. "no fires tonight people can see the light. And we should get off this beech as soon as possible."

He sat down against a large piece of drift wood and settle in the sand. "ill take first watch"
[quote="Ptolemy"]

Yvran the Prince

#170 Post by Yvran the Prince »

Yvran grinned at their worries. "Have no fear," he said, "The only things that can attack us here are humans, Orcs, Goblins, Beastmen, the occasional annoyed Asrai hunting party, and Druchii. And this is the perfect place to launch an ambush. Look, those cliffs limit our vision and box us in, all at the same time. In all seriousness though, those same cliffs are nigh-on impossible to navigate. Any attackers would be forced to come at us in groups of about five. And the strange acoustics of the rocks magnify any sounds made near them by a huge amount. You would have to be a Waywatcher to approch this place quietly. We will be safe."

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
The Silly Dragon

#171 Post by The Silly Dragon »

"Have no fear," he said, "The only things that can attack us here are humans, Orcs, Goblins, Beastmen, the occasional annoyed Asrai hunting party, and Druchii..."

The last one caught Cynthia's attention. She had been distant and quiet throughout their journey and here of all places she felt some sense of calm as if she was finally home but deep down she knew it was just an illusion. The darkness of this land seemed to tug and pull at the shadows in her own heart, like the very land wanted her to spill blood. Chaos was strong here and Cynthia didn't know if she liked this feeling or not.

OOC: Sorry i've been away for so long. I swear i'll make it up to you all if you want (either in this RP or another).
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Mentheus of Caledor

#172 Post by Mentheus of Caledor »

Lenaethis smiled at Yvran's comment.
"Right, well, since we are in such peril you shall find me meditating on the shore, in the incredibly likely event that we find ourselves beseiged by the agents of evil, please try to avoid disturbing me, I might mistake you for a foe and impale you".
Lenaethis laughed to himself as he said this, but he was unsure if the non-Asur would understand his sarcasm.
The Silly Dragon

#173 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Cynthia wraps her long black cloak round herself to keep the coldness away and starts to wander towards the cliffs lost in her thoughts.

They weren't safe here. Since their arrival the winds of magic had been growing stronger and stronger. Namely the Deamonic winds. If they were to keep gathering strength then a rift could open soon and Deamons could attack them. Chaos seemed to know of them and is responding. 'damn it' she thought to herself 'Not Deamons, it is pointless to spill of blood of immortals who have no pain or fear'.

"come..." whispers on the wind that only the magicalily tuned can hear.
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]