Asurion's Champions (RPing Fluff for ALL Armies)

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Re: Asurion's Champions (RPing Fluff for my Armies)

#61 Post by Elithmar »

Go on, use the bottom one as a counts as dragon! That would be epic! :D
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Aicanor
Rainbows

Re: Asurion's Champions (Fluff for my Army)

#62 Post by Aicanor »

Elithmar of Lothern wrote:I was actually thinking of this too. What happened to Finubar? Why is Asurion of Cothique suddenly Phoenix King? :?
Asurion is definitely not a Phoenix King and never said he was. I actually hope Tim will become next Phoenix King so he can finally marry and be happy ever after (once the matter of the Everqueen is resolved). :wink:
Elithmar of Lothern wrote:Actuallly I always hated the Tyrion model, but that picture has enlightened me. He actually looks pretty good. Maybe he'll appear in my collection too soon... ;)
He's not that bad, but be very very careful (and trust no one) if you ever decide to buy him. Finecast doesn't like him.
rdghuizing wrote:LOL! Never realised Malhandir was so cute. Although he doesn't look too much like the mighty and intelligent steed you read about. But then, looks can be deceiving I suppose.
Of course he is cute, but you can think of this reincarnation of him as Lothern made merchandise. :wink:
rdghuizing wrote:It's great to see Bob (aka Botherey) rise in power. On to power. Next step: become a HE prince. Can't be that hard. Anyone have a powerful magical artifact from the deamon wars lying aroud that can be wielded by someone about 15 cm tall without opposable thumbs?
Try your bitz collection. I am sure you'll find something suitable.
Elithmar of Lothern wrote:Go on, use the bottom one as a counts as dragon! That would be epic! :D
I second that Tiralya. You may have to get a saddle for your knight first though. :D
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#63 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

rdghuizing wrote: Bob for Phoenix king! (after the current one dies of course, may he live long...)

Rod
I concur.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#64 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Elithmar of Lothern wrote:Go on, use the bottom one as a counts as dragon! That would be epic! :D
A luck dragon perhaps?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Talifan

#65 Post by Talifan »

Or the ever elusive Hippo Dragon...Never before seen as it normally is eating and spends all it time in the water with only its nostrils above the water so it can breath...the nostrils looking like lilly pads?
[color=#FF0080]Live and Fight with Honour, for We are the Most Noble[/color]
[color=#0000FF]2012 Games - (W/L/D) 49-1-0[/color]
[img]http://mawhammer.yolasite.com/resources/Gem1.JPG[/img]
Lord Whitestar's Leviathan Company Champion.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=38785]Blog[/url]
[url=http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000297179244]Facebook for Talifan[/url]
[quote="Aicanor"]Yes, Sapherian princes are an evil bunch.[/quote]
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#66 Post by Prince of Spires »

Talifan wrote:Or the ever elusive Hippo Dragon...Never before seen as it normally is eating and spends all it time in the water with only its nostrils above the water so it can breath...the nostrils looking like lilly pads?
I think you're on to something here for the next HE book.

Hippo's are by far the most deadly big animal in africa when it comes to killing humans. They look cuddely, but they have a bad temper and are notoriously territorial. The statistics vary a bit, but they kill something like 5 - 50 times as many humans as lions do. They would simply stomp those puny white lions into the ground. The most feared land animal of Ulthuan. Grey Hippos!

So I think we'll get Hippo cavalry instead of White Lion cavalry next book.

Causes terror (3000 - 4500 kg of angry flesh storming at you does that...), impact hits (D6 probably), screaming breath attack (similar to the VC one, they make an awfull lot of noise). T5 and S6 and 4 attacks are a given. Can be the special/rare unit from Averlorn or a mount for a character. Eat that s5, t4, a2 fear causing lions!

Great modeling opportunities... You don't have a spare time by any chance, do you Asurion? ;)

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#67 Post by Elithmar »

I feel like I've been a little harsh Asurion. Even if it is in the name of fluff. So a little apology from me, I don't really think your ego is too big or that you think you're the phoenix king. And sure, I'll bow to you, just as long as no other Eatainii princes are watching. ;)

@Aicanor, how many did you have to get before you settled on that pretty good one? How many ones with faults did you 'try'?

@Rod, only 1 thing I can say: #-o

:lol:
Aicanor
Rainbows

#68 Post by Aicanor »

Asurion, before you have to move this thread once more to stuffed teddybears' section, I want to say that with your actions so far you showed you are willing to listen to our opinions, are generous and as you have your own vineyards, you have gained favour of House Nenuvar. If you ever need to add some colour somewhere, just ask (and bring a bottle or three).

Aicanor Nenuvar va Tor Irian

Elithmar of Lothern wrote:Aicanor, how many did you have to get before you settled on that pretty good one? How many ones with faults did you 'try'?
One. I made a mistake of not checking the model thoroughly enough when I bought it. I ended up doing plastic surgery of Tyrion's nose. :lol:
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#69 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

A summary perhaps.

Elithmar has seen the errors of his past behaviour towards the Cothiquean Prince and bowed to Asurion, sealing his alliance with the White Star Captain and rising to the position of the noble, honourable and fearless Merwyrm Company Champion.

Aicanor has honoured the Sea Lord with kind words of approval and her love of vineyards, offering an alliance of wisdom and warriors with Aicanor Nenuvar va Tor Irian.

My metal Tyrion had perfect alignment save for Sunfang which was "swear to Asuryan" 2.5mm off centre from its mould line, and no head for Malhandir. I didn't get a replacement at all, as they told me its the luck of the draw, so to speak and I needed to take it up with their DC. I was very angry as he cost more than a box of Spearmen and I was going to use him in a diorama with Shadowblade as an entry to Golden Daemon. After that I said to myself, screw them I won't enter and I will take my monies worth. So with that, I yoinked another boxed Tyrion, took his sword out and Malhandir's head, and put back the box with half it's stuff missing.

And I some how have to model a Hippo Helm for Bob.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Head of the Ninth Age 'High' Elves of Light Army Support.

The Mighty Pen (App) Link coming soon
Talifan

#70 Post by Talifan »

Asurion Whitestar wrote:So with that, I yoinked another boxed Tyrion, took his sword out and Malhandir's head, and put back the box with half it's stuff missing.
You rebel you!
[url=http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000297179244]Facebook for Talifan[/url]
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#71 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Talifan wrote:
Asurion Whitestar wrote:So with that, I yoinked another boxed Tyrion, took his sword out and Malhandir's head, and put back the box with half it's stuff missing.
You rebel you!
That's nothing...

But I won't go into that here... Or ever...
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Talifan

#72 Post by Talifan »

Lol. I bow to your mastery!
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#73 Post by Elithmar »

Asurion Whitestar wrote:Elithmar has seen how incredibly awesome and forgiving the Cothiquean Prince is and by curtseying to Asurion, thereby sealing his alliance with the White Star Captain and rising to the position of the noble, honourable and fearless (and dashingly cute ;) ) Merwyrm Company Champion.
Corrected that for you. ;)

Aicanor
Rainbows

#74 Post by Aicanor »

Asurion Whitestar wrote:Aicanor has honoured the Sea Lord with kind words of approval and her love of vineyards, offering an alliance of wisdom and warriors with Aicanor Nenuvar va Tor Irian.

I would very much like to see what will your take on Aicanor look like. Valkyria is quite fitting as she will be riding a pegasus to battle once I paint her. I also allways loved northern mythology (Völund particularly, he is an Elf prince after all. :wink:).

My metal Tyrion had perfect alignment save for Sunfang which was "swear to Asuryan" 2.5mm off centre from its mould line...

Had the same problem with Teclis' staff. Seems Mr. T is not completely immune to miscasts after all.

and no head for Malhandir...

This can be a bit of a problem. I will not hold this theft against you, just pray the that the unfortunate HE player who got the headless Malhandir package after you doesn't read this forum. :lol:

And I some how have to model a Hippo Helm for Bob.

Best if you sew it! :D
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#75 Post by Elithmar »

I don't know what your plans are, but can I just clarify that your Merwyrm champion isn't Prince Elithmar of Lothern? I'd quite like him to be a nephew or something though.

@Aicanor, the comment about Teclis and miscasts made me laugh. ;) Very clever.
Sturen

#76 Post by Sturen »

So with that, I yoinked another boxed Tyrion, took his sword out and Malhandir's head, and put back the box with half it's stuff missing.
This is how the finecast problems really started, one guy got a bad box, "yoinked" the miscasted part into another box and so the chain continues... its all your fault Asurion!

Normally GW are very good with replacing miscasts though, I am surprised they didn't send you out another whole Tyrion, even if you might have had to return the original.
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#77 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Elithmar of Lothern wrote:
Asurion Whitestar wrote:Elithmar has seen how incredibly awesome and forgiving the Cothiquean Prince is and by curtseying to Asurion, thereby sealing his alliance with the White Star Captain and rising to the position of the noble, honourable and fearless (and dashingly cute ;) ) Merwyrm Company Champion.

Elithmar and indeed every other Champion in my army will be sharing their names' and perhaps some mannerisms and such. Bit they will not be the actual Elithmar and Aicanor and Bob and Etc, as they will be too busy within theirown armies.

@ Aicanor, the first time I used Teclis he miscast then did it again, then blew himself up... I've only used him once since, and he performed much better. I'd be tempted to use him all the time, but only because I like reliability, and using him with Life gives all I want, without the separate need for the Banner of Scorcery, Lv4 and a Lv2, Dispell Scroll, and the added boom of BoH. But to use him simply because I like his elements and to try and explain that to every opponent instead of saying I love cheddar... Uhgg well, you get the idea.

@ Sturen, I don't have a finecast High Elves anything, I got my metal Tyrion over 8 years ago.
And I've had quite bad luck with replacements from GW.
I had a box of Vampire Counts skellies back in the day that only had 3 sprues for bodies, I rang them, sent a letter to them with all the info from the box and receipt, but never heard back from them. I also bought a box of Golbin Wolf Riders to use the Wolves as Dire Wolves, but there was only 7 in the box, I got to the train station in the city, about 15 mins from the store when I opened it and realised, walked all the way back and was told I left the store so they can't do anything about it, because I may have taken bits out myself,!! I was less than amused and so began my war on GW that lasted for a year and a half. Needless to say I received replacement Dire Wolves.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#78 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Asurion Whitestar wrote: Elithmar and indeed every other Champion in my army will be sharing their names' and perhaps some mannerisms and such. Bit they will not be the actual Elithmar and Aicanor and Bob and Etc, as they will be too busy within their own armies.
It all depends on your timing, if it's done right I can arrange Elessehta to have served with you as part of his citizen levy obligations.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#79 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

That would be cool, if we wrote eachother into our respective army fluff stories.
:)

I was thinking of making Elithmar a lady too... :wink:
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#80 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Asurion Whitestar wrote:I was thinking of making Elithmar a lady too... :wink:
I almost fell off my chair laughing!
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#81 Post by Elithmar »

Grr, I'll get you back if you do that, Mr Whitestar. Hmm, I'm going to go and write some fluff for my sea guard commander, Asurion. :twisted:
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#82 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Elithmar of Lothern wrote:Grr, I'll get you back if you do that, Mr Whitestar. Hmm, I'm going to go and write some fluff for my sea guard commander, Asurion. :twisted:
Even after you'd deserve such an appealing instance to make you a lady, after all the fluffy crap you've given me of course. ;)
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#83 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Asurion Whitestar? More like...Asurion....Dorkstar.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#84 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Bob of Beleriand wrote:Asurion Whitestar? More like...Asurion....Dorkstar.
Say What..!!!
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#85 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

You heard me. :-6
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#86 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Bob of Beleriand wrote:You heard me. :-6
Bob of Beleriand...

More like Bob the... the.... the Bumface...!
Hahaha * :lol: like a little school girl*
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#87 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

nuh uh
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#88 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Yeh uh
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#89 Post by Elithmar »

The loremasters get away with this sort of thing though. #-o
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#90 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

We're role playing..!

Just like Elithmar the Lady.. :P
Sincerely,
Kitlith