RP Graveyard

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: RP Graveyard

#31 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

oops, it was supposed to be to the next post down. Ah well.
The Silly Dragon

#32 Post by The Silly Dragon »

No one will notice its not like this topic is very active. :(
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#33 Post by Aicanor »

That is not exactly true. But I knew what Shannar was responding to. More people in this subforum would be nice though. I never tried online roleplay and members of our old group here are too far away and too busy now... I am quite busy as well, but I miss the old days.
The Silly Dragon

#34 Post by The Silly Dragon »

I'll just sit here quietly depressed until a new RP starts.
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#35 Post by Aicanor »

A storyteller is needed, sitting around sadly won't help, I fear.
The Silly Dragon

#36 Post by The Silly Dragon »

I like to think i'm good at coming up with stories but i know for a fact i am crap at telling them, especially on the net.
Natharyn

#37 Post by Natharyn »

And here I come being a stubborn bastard posting on this topic now when everyone seem to have left!

I've seen a lot of RP forums die because people simply disappear or get bored, it is such a shame because the good ones can become truly memorable... and sometimes even the short ones can create some epic moments.

A good fantasy rp is something I've always truly wanted but never found a place for. (especially a high elf warhammer based one.) Wish I had been here when things were going.

I'm in no way good at RP ing, still freakishly noobish at it even after years of desperately attempting it. I used to do the pen and paper thing frequently and tried several times to get something going on skype as a chat RP). But I'm just not a good enough storyteller to start something up and keep a story going. Despite that I'll gladly help to do what I can to maybe revive something or get something going here if someone is up for it : )
The Silly Dragon

#38 Post by The Silly Dragon »

I am always up for RPing myself (we're not all gone but maybe not as active as we once were, for me its a depression issue IRL).

There is one going on right now called "Court of the Phoenix King". Its slow but its alive (I hope...). Feel free to join in that one (just find the off topic thread and make a post and a character sheet and then get started RPing in the in-character thread. Or make a new one I would surely join in (except if its a 40k one as I have very little knowledge with that, but if I can RP as a Tyranid then I am game! :mrgreen: ).

Edit: How about a Game of Thrones one?
Natharyn

#39 Post by Natharyn »

I skimmed over it a bit and did consider joining but wasn't sure if it was too late to hop in. I'll give it a shot unless you would be terrible offended if I seem rather clueless. Not sure how strong My high elf/Ulthuan knowledge actually is :F

I have barely even seen the game of thrones tv series ... ^^; And if I can't rp an elf I might burn the world to the ground! :D
The Silly Dragon

#40 Post by The Silly Dragon »

I too don't know much about the HE lore. The most I know is where certain provinces are but not all the landmarks. So yeah.

I have seen all the TV series and am currently reading the first book (about 20% through at the moment). I still get confused about what house is what and where. Or the names of characters (even though she is one of my favourite characters I can never remember her name, the young Stark girl who did all the sword training and more like a Tomboy).

So what I mean is that even without knowledge you can still do well if you have the passion. I mean no one is going to hunt you down irl because you didn't know where the Tower of Hoeth is. Its a game, so have fun with it. :wink:
Aicanor
Rainbows

#41 Post by Aicanor »

Natharyn wrote:I skimmed over it a bit and did consider joining but wasn't sure if it was too late to hop in.
It is definitely not too late. Another role player is always welcome! Check first post of the game thread and post some background for your character in the other thread. I'll link it and depending on what the story is, we can then find a way to introduce him/her to the story.

As for the geography of Ulthuan, we have a nice map in the rule book. Quite accurate, too. Except for the fact there is Tor Yvraine in the place where Tor Yvresse should be. Trust the Yvressii to misplace their own capital. :mrgreen:
Francis

#42 Post by Francis »

I don't think they misplaced it, they just forgot the name #-o .
Aicanor
Rainbows

#43 Post by Aicanor »

Francis wrote:I don't think they misplaced it, they just forgot the name #-o .
Perhaps they renamed it in purpose.
Natharyn

#44 Post by Natharyn »

Ah .. how embarrassing, I got lost in life and warhammer online, but, there are quite a few of you replying here now, have any of you found any rp activity? :)