DAU 12 - The Witching Night - Play Thread

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Amun-Lothain

Re: DAU 12 - The Witching Night - Play Thread

#121 Post by Amun-Lothain »

As dawn breaks and the guests assemble once more, it is clear that something is amiss. Two of your number seem to be missing. The servants sent to wake them rush back to the hall, horrified looks on their faces. After three nights and several failures, the assassins have proven that their skills are not to be mocked.

Wolfram is found lying in his bed. There are no signs fighting. In fact, he simply seems to be sleeping until he is turned over, revealing a clean cut across his throat. A search of his room also reveals his earlier claims to be true! Wolfram Ehrhard was indeed a Witch Hunter of the Order of Sigmar! Whatever evil he had been sent to investigate is surely still roaming free...

Olanis Solbar is also found to be missing. Again, there are no signs of a struggle, and Olanis seems to have simply vanished, until you look out the open window. The elf is most certainly dead, hanging from the windowsill by his own bedclothes! An investigation of his belonging reveals him to be less than the noble elf that he appeared to be. While no assassin himself, it is clear that Olanis had been the one sabotaging trade between the elves of Ulthuan and the humans of Marienburg, his loyal service clearly not what it seemed.

OOC: It is now DAY! Discuss and make your choices!

The fallen:
Anika Elzacher: Vengeance-seeking noble, executed on Day 2.
Boris Shuvlov: Disgraced noble of Kislev, executed on Day 3.
Wolfram Ehrhard: Witch Hunter of the Order, throat slit on night 4.
Olanis Solbar: Not-so-noble elf, hanged by his pajamas on night 4.
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1459/lvl1.jpg[/img]
Setesh Akhen-Isfet, Commander of the Heralds of Oblivion
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#122 Post by Luna Guardian »

William walked into the common room, his face grim "Since I am so obviously an assassin, you lot should just vote me killed now. Unless there's a dead Witch Hunter that testified otherwise. Oh, wait" he added ironically "There is one, isn't there?"
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Drainial Shadowheart

#123 Post by Drainial Shadowheart »

"Well this certainly puts paid to a few theories; that our attackers' incompetence would last forever not least amongst them, I hope now certain people will stop burying their heads in the sand. More importantly however since Boris was innocent and Wilhelm clearly was not in league with Wolfram given the latter’s demise we must move on to other theories.

"Now it seems to me that one particularly good reason to kill Wolfram would be to clear Wilhelm, and for that reason I am unwilling to completely clear him though for now I have to say he does seem unlikely to be an infiltrator.

" Killing Olanis seems like an odd move, I can only surmise that since as an elf he was not under much suspicion the assassins may have simply tried to keep the field as open as possible.

"Beyond that I have little else to say, though hopefully others have better ideas and I may have my own in time."
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#124 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

'I hope you are happy now Markus. It appears your opinion of the Witch Hunter was wrong. My eye is on you now, so keen were you to kill a Witch Hunter of Sigmar. I must admit though, at first glance I do not know who could be the perpetrator of this...'
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Lethalis

#125 Post by Lethalis »

Lady Elisabeth sits in the room with a saddened face. "These events are so... defeating... A third of our numbers, gone. Maybe not all of them pure in motive, but no worshipers of Chaos, no black hearted thugs ..."

She shakes her head. "No, we mustn't give up. We should make full use of the time we have today to make these wretches amongst us tremble. Logic and reason, that is the key. As for Wolfram... I think we need to remember him as a brave man. But it is no stretch of the imagination to think that revealing himself as an agent of the Empire earned him the wrath of those who mean not to abide by the Emperor's law...

This would mean that Markus isn't as guilty as his verbal attacks on the Witch Hunter might make him out to be, as the very reason for his animosity towards Wolfram was his disbelief that the man was whom he said he was. It also means that, in my eyes at least, it's now very hard to make a case against Wilhelm; not only was he introduced to us as a war hero but he has the testimony of a Witch Hunter in his favour."

She pauses. "Even if against those odds Wilhelm was found to be an assassin, last night proves that there are at least two amongst us who can find it in their... blackened, cruelly cold hearts to take a man's life with neither honour nor courage nor justice on their side. Thus I would council none of you to vote for the old veteran."

Lady Elisabeth has a serious look on her face as she continues. "As for Olanis..." She sighs. "I am sorry for his loss, and shocked at the revelation that he was an agent to cause havoc. I cannot help but wonder how far he would go in polluting our trade, whether it might have been him, an agile Elf, who climbed up to my window or assaulted Theoderic..." Her head turns to the remaining Elf. "Master Thalos, if I may be so bold... You did hold your hand over Olanis' head. Were you aware of his practices? Or can you maybe point whom was to be hit the hardest by what I cannot describe as anything else than treacherous actions?"
[size=184]السلام عليكم[/size]
Ghost

#126 Post by Ghost »

"We have lost many innocent within these last 24hrs... At this pace we will become a minority to the assassins and they will be able to kill us off in the daytime and in the night." Klara shivered at the thought of her life being in such peril.

"However, i must inquire what happened to you last night Mr. Reinhold? I heard a lot of noise coming from the direction of your room. Was everything alright or were you attacked by an assassin?"
cidracin

#127 Post by cidracin »

"I do not understand why you all are so reluctant to suspect Wilhelm here. Is it because he is a war hero? Either way here are the facts as I see them. One, Wilhelm was outside Wolfram's door two nights previously and while there he fought with another person trying to enter the Witch Hunter's room. Two, Wolfram admitted to only seeing them clash and Wilhelm's foe retreat. He assumes you are innocent based on the fact that you drove the attacker away, while really you could be another attacking Wolfram independently. Three, the two accuse Boris of being the attaker outside the door. He is condemned and executed only to be found innocent. Four, last Wolfram is killed when his throat is slit there are no signs of struggle. Wolfram was a Witch Hunter who had already vouched for you and helped you eliminate an inncoent. So if you are indeed an assassin then his usefulness to you then was likely at an end. In fact his death makes only you seem more innocent on the surface so really he is more of a help to you dead then he was alive. Because his throat was slit and there was no sign of a struglle it suggests that an assassin got to Wolfram while he was sleeping. Of course the lack of struggle could also mean that he was killed by someone he trusted. Correct if I'm wrong Wilhelm but were you not the only person Wolfram claimed to trust completely? Wilhelm perhaps you went to his room under the pretense of discussing his investigation and simply slit his throat and laid him down to look as if he was sleeping. Let us also not forget that olanis was also killed last night. For he was the one who believed that if Boris was not guilty then you and Wolfram were guilty. With him now gone it seems that you have one less enemy. I wonder if you are not condemned today will I be found dead by the morning? For all the reasons I have stated already i cast my vote for you Wilhelm Heidmann. And if I must say so Lady Elisabeth I believe that I made a decent case against him."
Vote: Wilhelm Heidmann
Cidracin Greyrider 12/14/3
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
NoOoDLe

#128 Post by NoOoDLe »

"No Theodoric.. I am not happy. I wasn't convinced of Wolfram being a witchhunter as he had no evidence to support his claim. Neither am I convinced of Wilhelm's innocence just because Wolfram found him to be his personal saviour.

Actually, the way Wolfram was murdered suggests that he was murdered in his sleep or by someone he knew and trusted.."

Markus's eyes wandered from Theodoric to Wilhelm..

"Can you explain your whereabouts for last night Wilhelm? Were you guarding the witchhunter again...? If so.. You did a pisspoor job.."
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#129 Post by Luna Guardian »

Wilhelm looked at Ruprecht with a cocked eyebrow and shrugged "You're convinced that I'm the killer already, so I won't waste time arguing with you. As for your question Markus" the veteran turned to face the man "I wasn't guarding Wolfram this night or the night before. When I confronted Wolfram's assailant I was on my way to relieve myself in the privy and it was only by lucky happenstance that I came by Wolfram's door when I did. This night I slept soundly and didn't have to leave my room. Obviously I should have, but hindsight won't bring back the Witch Hunter. I do however appeal to your memory. Wolfram vouched for my innocence, which I'd imagine he must've investigated my doings in greater detail." the old warrior sighed and sat down.
"Some amongst us are assassins, of that there's no doubt. One of them is a human male, this much I know. I am not one of them, that's another fact. Going by the process of elimination, that leaves only a few candidates. If I'd have to guess, and after being so wrong with Boris I don't do this lightly, I'd say Ruprecht, if only because he's so aggressive about his point that I am the assassin, even though I've been named innocent by one who worked for the safety of us all"
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
cidracin

#130 Post by cidracin »

"Wilhelm if I am the best suspect for an assassin you can come up with I do not think you will ever be of any help to this investigation, only a hinderance as you have already been. I will warn you now that I am as innocent as a lamb in all these killings and attempted killings. Since I have arrived here I have attacked no one and luckily so far I have not been attacked. If you truly are not an assassin and truly wish to aid in this investigation find a better suspect than me. If you seek to condemn me you can only achieve two things. Killing another innocent if you suceed in having me executed or wasting precious time going after the wrong man if you fail.

As for the Witch Hunter's vouching for your innocence if he had investigated you and found you innocent he left no record. Nor did he claim to have investigated you when he prclaimed his trust in you. Perhaps he had not investigated you yet since as a war hero you would likely not be high on his list of suspects initially because of your background. If you are an assassin maybe you killed him last night to prevent him from ever investigating you. If you are indeed innocent Wilhelm I am truly sorry for my treatment of you. However since you are my top suspect by a large margin I will not change my vote for you unless you provide proof of your innocence or make a compelling case against someone else. I'll admit the second option is highly unlikely given the fact the last person you convinced the group to go after was innocent Boris. Especially since Wolfram, the Witch Hunter whose investigative skills you use as justification of your innocence, supported the vote against an innocent man as well."
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#131 Post by Ruerl Khan »

*the tall elf shakes his head sorrowfully, his melodic voice sad when he speaks, looking at Elisabeth*

No miss, I had not directly imagined him sabotaging it. Truth be told I came here in person because the trade was going poorly and Olanis was doing a poor job, I had simply expected it being due to him skimming too much of the profit so to say. Alas, I do not know why he would intentionally ruin the trade, it makes very little sense to me, perhaps he had a personal grudge that I did not know? It bespeaks that I should look more into the background of whom I hire in the future, should we all survive this.

As for those of you who mock me for my inaction, I must say to you this and swallow my pride. *the elf blinks, closes his almond shaped eyes for a moment before his piercing blue eyes looks out in the room* I was wrong, and I shall no longer be inactive in the voting or the descisions, the death of Olanis proves beyoind a shadow of a doubt that the killer is skilled, but must have been struck by a series of poor luck prior to this, or perhaps even worse, had been toying with us.

I cannot help but think that there is something we are missing here however, we know a few of the names of those that where outside the room, but alas the majority of those who where found outside is now very dead, and I cannot help but wonder if those seen outside their rooms, where merely those too clumsy to be considered real assassins. As such our targets might not ideally be those that we easely can suspect, but rather those that we do not.

I shall review what we know so far then, we know that of the people who has been visibly wounded, or found outside their room, only Theoderic and Willhelm remains while everyone else who was in that situation is dead by now. Theoderic is himself wounded from the two failed attacks on him the second night, Willhelm was seen outside the witch hunters room where he drove another person back.

We also know that the late Boris, according to his own words before his death, was attacked in his own room. This means that there is at the very least two, if not three, assassins amongst us.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Drainial Shadowheart

#132 Post by Drainial Shadowheart »

"To answer your question lady Klara can only say that I was not attacked, I don't know what you heard but whatever it was did not wake me, after two nights I simply decided to set up a trip wire and chance it lest sleep deprivation save the assassins the effort of killing me.

"Ruprecht you can claim innocence as many times as you like, it will not change the facts of the matter or anyone’s opinion, you may be guilty, you may not be but telling us you are not is more no useful than training an orchestra of ducks.

"That said I am almost convinced by your argument, Wolfram's death does seem very fortuitous for Wilhelm, so much so that it looks suspicious. Of course an assassin may well have taken this into account and killed Wolfram in order to make it look as if Wilhelm was trying to make himself look innocent. I know it sounds convoluted but I believe that you must try and get inside the mind of a killer if you are to catch one."
Ghost

#133 Post by Ghost »

"Oh silly man, you have been caught up in your own lie... I actually didn't hear a thing, but you said that you were in bed all night which you and I both know not to be true for it was you who was at Olanis Solbar's room last night! He who is now dead. I only asked you what you were doing so that the others can see that you are a liar, instead of just accusing you in which case you could make up a lie that you were just walking around like the others were in the previous nights. But that was not the case, you tried to make it seem as if you were in your own room all night." Klara stopped to take a breathe.

"Everyone, whether or not Wilheim is an assassin or not i can not say, but I can not explain why i know this, but our friend Reinhold here has lied about his whereabouts last night and was at Olanis's room last night. So for this day, and i hope you all follow to bring down one assassin, i shall cast my vote."

Vote: Reinhold Halheimer
Drainial Shadowheart

#134 Post by Drainial Shadowheart »

"Was I really? And you were watching his room? Or perhaps you had to use the lavatory like dear Wilhelm. I can catagoricly state that you were standing in a duck pond last night, it doesn't make it so."
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#135 Post by Ruerl Khan »

That is a serious allegation Lady Klara, how do you know that he was at Olanis' room last night? So far your question merely led you to ask a question that made him answer that he was in his own room. Now you are using this to state that he has been caught in a lie?

*his blue eyes turn and looks towards Reinhold* Yet, as it has been said, the time for inaction is past. As such I feel myself compelled to cast a vote, though it galls me, it is those amongst us who are physically fit that must be considered. As such I still lack a good description of who you actually are, you have only chasticed me for inaction and as such I believe it is fair to change my course as you asked.

Thus, I would like an explanation, or your doom for you are as a trained warrior one of those who has had the greatest chance of being able to do what has been done. And your nature seems quite caustic enough for it as well, I do not know what it is, but you feel... odd to my senses.

Vote: Reinhold
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#136 Post by Luna Guardian »

Wilhelm looked at the group and gave a slight smile "The elf and Ruprecht are assassins. Ruprecht has been extremely vocal with his proclamations of innocence and as vocal with his accusations of me. I'm aware that I'm not innocent beyond a doubt, none of us are. But some are more suspicious than others, of of those being Ruprecht. The elf on the other hand hasn't said anything thus far, having decided that he will take no part in the killing of innocents. Now that our number has diminished and the assassins have a relatively higher amount of votes, he sudenly comes out to vote one of us to be killed.

I will Vote: Ruprecht this day. He is a human male and of the remaining of us he's the most suspicious. I'm not saying Lady Klara is wrong, but at the moment I see the elf and Ruprecht as more likely assassins"

Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#137 Post by Ruerl Khan »

*the tall elf looks towards Wilhelm cooly*

Before last night it was a human problem, but after that night kin was slain and I cannot be inactive after that. Do with that what you will, however I am no assassin and shall suffer no smears like that on my honour. Go to my room right this instant, I shall remain here in the company of witnesses, or accompany you there in the accompany of witnesses. Look through my belongings, and you shall find not a shred of evidence.

The only papers I have with me, are the trade contracts that goes through, in detail, the problems that I had with Olanis' mistreatment, and no I still do not have any reason to murder him, had he truly been sabotaging the island on a larger scale then I would have gone to Hoeth with it... and fired Olanis, which I likely would have done anyway.

But from there to murder? No human, I mainly kept back because I did not wish to be touched by your dirty affairs, but now one of you have forced me into it by murdering a kinsman, an incompetent kin but still kin.

*the tall fair skinned elf looks at Wilhelm coldly, his voice harsh like a whip, but also measured. Tainted by the sorrow of loss of kin, but not tainted by loss of self control* Also, your memory may need some work. I have spoken frequently, I have each day laid the facts that we know to the assembled people here, and I have let the rest of you judge, and explained why I took no part.

But I suppose that it easy to understand why you think as you do, you are stressed out and not thinking clearly at this moment. As such my offer stands, I shall not spare myself any indignities if it proves innocence and moves us further to ascertaining guilt and limiting the number of prospects. But I shall hold each of you to the same standard as well.

Alternatively, you can share my room tonight, then you can see with your own eyes that I do not leave the room.
cidracin

#138 Post by cidracin »

"So Wilhelm according to your best guess Thalos and I are responsible for the killings and attacks that have been going on? I must say Wilhelm if you are trying to convince me that you are to dim witted to be an assassin you are doing a wonderful job." Ruprecht replies, his voice thick with sarcasm.
After adopting a more serious tone Ruprecht continues speaking. "Honestly out of all those gathered here I suspect Thalos least of all. I also think that we have only one or two killers among the group. Out of those two I am quite confident that one of the human men still alive is a killer as multiple victims have identified their attacker to be a human male. Based on Lady Klara's new testimony that Reinhold was in Olanis' room on the night he was killed, which I think is credible, I find Reinhold to be more suspicious then Wilhelm at the moment. So even though it pains me to condemn my own bodyguard I feel I must change my vote to Reinhold."
Unvote: Wilhelm Heidmann
Drainial Shadowheart

#139 Post by Drainial Shadowheart »

"There apears to be a new trend in town, makeing statements and expecting people to treat them as evidence. More disturbingly it seems that they are being taken seriously. Ruprecht and Thalos expecting their word to be unimpeachable when they say they are innocent, it is almost pitiful, like children really. Then there is this accusation against me presented without anything to back it up; frankly I doubt wether everyone who said that they were wandering the halls was telling the truth.

"In my view these protestations of innocence are more than simply rediculous they are incriminating, no one without something to hide tries that hard. Since I can only vote for one of you I will make it Ruprecht."

Vote Ruprecht
NoOoDLe

#140 Post by NoOoDLe »

"I'm feeling obliged to go with my sister's suspicions on this one.. She wouldn't lie.. And I cannot deny that you make quite the suspect Reinhold.." Markus sighed.

"All that needs to be said has been said.. If you're innocent. I'm sorry.."

Vote: Reinhold
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Lethalis

#141 Post by Lethalis »

"I don't possess the senses of an Elf but nonetheless, there seems to be something about you. I attended this event trusting fully in the protection of our host, but as a noble woman I know of the importance of the relationship between master and servant. When even the man whom hired you feels you are dangerous, who then can trust you? Maybe you think I am a snobbish lady but you must be disgruntled after being dismissed in such a fashion, even voting for your very own charge to be killed and frankly, this frightens me."

Lady Elisabeth sighs deeply. "I shall have to pray to the gods that they may heal this willingness to condemn of mine today, for it is not a character trait I think tasteful to keep. Yet you have proven yourself a bodyguard unworthy and consequently untrustworthy, a potential danger to us all."

[size=184]السلام عليكم[/size]
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#142 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

'There is little I can add to the proceedings. I was in my room all last night, and I saw and heard nothing. However, the evidence against Reinhold appears serious. Should he be found innocent of course, then Klara will be under serious suspicion, so let us hope she is telling the truth...
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#143 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

OOC: oops.

IC: Vote: Reinhold
Drainial Shadowheart

#144 Post by Drainial Shadowheart »

"Evidence? Unsubstaniated accusations I think you meant. Condem me to death if you must but please don't insult the very language you speak."
Amun-Lothain

#145 Post by Amun-Lothain »

Lord Frederich stepped forward to address the dwindling group of guests. "Reinhold Halheimer, your fellows have chosen you. Make your peace."

Reinhold spat in disgust as the guards restrained him. Blades plunged into his body again and again but he did not fall. "You'll have to do better than that..." He sneered. With a feral snarl he sank his teeth into the throat of the nearest guard as they struggled to subdue him. Horrified, Lord Frederich drew his own sword and swung. Reinhold's head tumbled to the floor, dead at last. A closer inspection revealed a pair of fangs! Reinhold was not an innocent, nor was he human. Lord Frederich ordered the servants to burn the bodies of Reinhold and the unfortunate guard.

OOC: It is now NIGHT! You know what to do!

The fallen:
Olanis Solbar: Not-so-noble elf, hanged by his pajamas on night 4.
Reinhold Halheimer: Vampire, beheaded on Day 4.
Amun-Lothain

#146 Post by Amun-Lothain »

As the sun rises on the fifth day, the guests find, to their horror, that the killings have not ended with the death of the undead Reinhold. The servants refuse to enter the room of Theoderic Rugen. Blood stains the floor, the walls, the furniture. Theoderic is, well… everywhere, in bits and pieces, that is. A hesitant search of his blood soaked belongings reveals that Theoderic was indeed a businessman, though a ruthless one. He certainly had reason to want many of you dead, as his competitors, but there is nothing there to suggest that he was guilty of anything more, nor was he in league with any dark powers.

OOC: It is now DAY!

The fallen:
Olanis Solbar: Not-so-noble elf, hanged by his pajamas on Night 4.
Reinhold Halheimer: Vampire, beheaded on Day 4.
Theoderic Rugen: Ruthless merchant, chopped to bits on Night 5.
Ghost

#147 Post by Ghost »

"Well there goes any will to go eat breakfast." Klara was feeling nauseous.

"Although if someone had done that to poor Theoderic they would have problem had a blood path back to their room. I believe it is very well possible that someone here used magic to tear apart Theoderic."
cidracin

#148 Post by cidracin »

"It is possible Lady Klara." replied Ruprecht his face paler than usual. "Well it is quite obvious that there is another killer in our midst. I think we all know whom I suspect most by now. But since nobody here seems to share my distrust of Wilhelm I will not waste my time voting for him until I have some support. Klara and Thalos, you two were the ones who sensed something was not right about Reinhold. Since you two are the only members of the group to have actually determined the identity of an assassin correctly I am interested to hear both your thoughts on whom this second killer is."
NoOoDLe

#149 Post by NoOoDLe »

For a moment Markus just stared.. Silently.. At the bloody mess that was left of Theoderic.

"I may not have agreed with his motives or his methods.. But this.. No.." He uttered.

"Magic is not really my field of expertise so I wouldn't know if anyone here is capable of doing this.." He continued as he averted his eyes from the scene of carnage that used to be Theoderic.
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#150 Post by Ruerl Khan »

I am loathe to condemn someone on their senses alone, as such I would rather begin questioning each, what did you do tonight? Did you all sleep in bed or do anyone admit to having walked the halls, and if so, did they see anything?

In my own case I went past the servants, to check with the bakers and try to see if it was a worthwhile future investment, had one of them wake me up very early this morning too for the same reason so that I could sample the bread. But enough of that, let us instead look to what people did. For my part I was in my bedroom until the servant picked me up very early this morning, where we walked together down to the hall where we usually meet.

What about you Lady Elisabeth? Did you sleep soundly through the night? Or you Ruprecht? No disturbances? First we must all express what we did tonight, question each and every one of us, and from there move on to ascertain what to do.