Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#1 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Jia Lin:
The sea below sparkled in the sunlight, small white waves cresting the deep blue. The airship sailed almost noiselessly through the sky towards it's intended destination. Ministers and advisors chatted incessantly about the likely direction of the fugitives, conflicted reports, but all suggest north. On the throne chair he sat, impassive, deep in thought, his golden eyes falling upon Jia for a moment...

Vaan:
The Cutter lived up to it's name, seemlessly thrusting it's way through the waves as it made it's way around the Southern Air Nation isles. Several hours ago Kyoshi Island slipt past. The mood aboard seemed dour, seeking to break the tension a little the Chief stepped forward. "So, a firebender, waterbender, earthbender and airbender walked into a tea shop..." Sokka's voice rang out.

Zhuang:
The thing rocked, up and down, with every wave. Already some of the more delicate had lost their midday meal over board. The Junks sailors for their part tried to keep their amused smiles down. Word began to ring out that the island was a mere few hours away, what time that was left, was left to you to prepare.
Last edited by Etherion Fenix on Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

Re: Avatar: Nemesis Rising

#2 Post by Luna Guardian »

"It's a long long way to Ba Sing Se, but the girls in the city they look so pretty..." Zhuàng Shen sang to himself with his deep voice. The large earthbender was uncomfortable so far from his element, he wasn't likely to raise the ocean floor up to the surface, and was thankful for the distraction. Standing up from where he had been sitting on a barrel he stretched his muscled limbs and yawned.

Zhuàng walked to a spot where there were as little people around as possible on the ship's deck. The captain had told them that they were only a few hours away from their destination, which suited Zhuàng perfectly. Assuming his combat stance, he began practising.
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin sat in a cross-legged position, oblivious to the world about her. Her thoughts were focused inwardly, upon the notes that she had read upon her departure. No need to look at them again now: her memory was such that it was as if she were holding them in her hands. A stray breeze from an open porthole swept around the lithe young woman. Her long braid stirred briefly and then was still again. Jia Lin never noticed. This state was like a meditation for her, but instead of the stillness that one's mind would reach in that mind, Jia Lin's mind raced furiously, running and pouncing upon the possibilities like a deadly adderlion.
"Ask every person if they've heard the story,
And tell them, loud and clear, if they have not:
That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
That once there was a spot
For one brief shining moment
That was known as Camelot."
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#4 Post by Eldacar »

Vaan winced inwardly, keeping his outward expression impassive and collected as he attempted to draw a kind of serenity about him. He understood the need to break the dour mood among them all, but unfortunately, the jokes were not what he would have called humour. Ever. Standing over at the rail, the waterbender idly watched the waves slip past as the ship traveled closer and closer to their destination, blocking out Sokka's voice as he simply relaxed into the feeling that came from being so close to his element.
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
[21:39:49] <Cenyu> Bold words, flying Dutchman.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#5 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Zhuang:
From below rose small figure, the fine quality of his green robes bespoke of his standing. For a moment he stood watching the movements of Zhuang. Nodding to himself, he rubbed his chin and the long, thin black goatee that hung there.
"Land ahoy!" Came the cry from the top of the mainsail, the sailor deftly swinging down and moving towards the helm. More men appeared aboard the deck, the island looming larger as time passed. Within the hour the large Junk slowed as it entered the bay, a wide grassy plain stretching out before them till the forest began climbing the rolling hills.

Vaan:
Stony silence greeted the punch line of Sokka's joke. "What? It's a good joke, you people have no sense of humour!" He pouted in silence as the crew went back about their duties. As Vaan watched the water, it suddenly surged to life as Dolphins broke the surface, riding along the bow wake. The Cutter tacked across the wind as it smoothly sailed around the Islands point. A cry rose up from the bow. "I see a ship, she bears Earth Kingdom colours!"

Jia Lin:
An engineer appeared through the doors. Bowing deeply to the throne before rising. "The Captain wishes to report at current speed we shall make the rendezvous point within an hour." Bowing once more he departs the room, the intensity of the conversation from the advisors moves up a notch.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#6 Post by Eldacar »

Allowing himself a small smile at Sokka's pouting, Vaan abandoned his contemplation of the waves to move up towards the bow of the ship, looking out across the water to get a better look at the ship that had been sighted. As he watched the dolphins, he was struck by a sudden urge to join them in their play, skimming across the top of the water rather than merely watching from a ship.
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#7 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin cracked open one jade-green eye as the engineer entered the room. There was nothing more for her to think about in regards to the Prince at this point; she would need further information from the scene of the crime. Instead, she cast her mind to another puzzle: the advisors. In groups of two or three, they talked rapidly and quietly to one another. They were talking about her, Jia Lin knew. Who was this girl, they said to one another, how could she succeed where the others had failed? Their reticence about someone so young was quite logical, but Jia Lin refused to be intimidated by it. She was no younger than the Fire Lord himself had been when he had stood beside the Avatar thirty years ago, and she was older than many of his companions had been. And she had an advantage that the others did not have, an advantage that (logic dictated) would allow her to do more than any other had accomplished thus far.

Yes, logic was on her side.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#8 Post by Luna Guardian »

As the ship entered the bay, Zhuàng had already thanked the captain for the trip and was anxious to get off it. As the anchor was dropped, Zhuàng raised a stony pier from the shore to the ship and jumpped on it. Feeling the earth underneath his feet again had a calming effect on the earthbender after the seajourney and he breathed deep. Waving his farewells to the ship and it's crew he took off in the direction of the forest.

Taking his time to enjoy the feel of solid ground underneath his feet, Zhuàng smiled broadly. As he went off, he began to sing again "They kiss so sweet that you really got to meet the girls from Ba-Sing-Se"
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#9 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Zhuang:
A small herd of Koala Sheep parted singing form of Zhuang passed by.
The official slapped his palm to his face, dragging it down before shaking his head as the figure of Zhuang merrily disappeared into the forest. "For goodness sake," his voice barely above a whisper. "Can someone go fetch him back for me," waving his arm lazily in the direction of the forest. "At once Minister Tang," the sailor bowed and then took off at a jog. "Prepare camp, the others should be arriving within the day."

Vaan:
The ship slipped lazily into a secluded harbour as he stood at the bow. A classic junk, twin masted and indeed bearing Earth Kingdom colours. A feeling of solidity, the strength of the earth eminated from it as it sailed from sight.
The feeling on the Cutter lifted at the sighting, knowing friends were near. The Dolphins continued their playful dance throw the wave, daring any who wish to play with them. Without a second thought Vaan lept over the rail onto the wake, the water sliding beneath his soft leather shoes with ease. Dolphins leaping either side of you, goading you on.
As you pass the last headland to the natural harbour, the Junk appears more clearly. Climbing back up onto the ship once more, you can make out the Earth Kingdom flag, and below that a smaller one, one with a familiar image, that of the White Lotus. To the right of the Junk lay a second stone pier to which the Cutter turned, the Dolphins turning aside to head back to sea.

Jia Lin:
What noise all the advisors were making soon disappeared, anticipation was building. It was like a nervous heat, coming off all but he who sat on the throne. There was still cool and calm.
Once more the Engineer returned with a bow. "The Island has been sighted and what appears two sail craft." With practiced grace and poise he rose. "Make preparations for landing at once," the voice one of command.

Elsewhere:
She paddled, the blasted Unagi had torn the sail free but that would not stop her. Imagining that it was his face had helped overcome such a creature so far from any land. That feeling of satisfaction helped take away the muscle burn she felt. She would have her revenge, she would make Zhuang pay.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#10 Post by Eldacar »

Vaan laughed, a rare break in his calm facade as he slid across the surface of the water, kicking up a soft wake as the dolphins danced and played around him. As they turned to head back out to sea, he kept in fairly close to the Cutter, kicking down with one heel to launch him up where he landed softly on the deck, with nary a stray droplet anywhere on his clothing. That had been fun, he thought as he straightened up and relaxed once more.

Glancing over to the Earth Kingdom flag, he took note of the White Lotus symbol below it, suddenly acutely aware of the tile that he carried in the pouch tied to his belt. Interesting. He had been told relatively little of why they were coming to this place, all in all. Beyond the obvious, of course.

Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#11 Post by Luna Guardian »

Returning to the camp with a very disgruntled sailor, Zhuàng sought out minister Tang almost right away. Bowing slightly to the official, the young earthbender apologized "Minister Tang, my apologies for leaving you behind. I was just overcome by the feeling of being on land again, you understand I hope?" Zhuàng smiled.

Looking at the bay and seeing the cutter he turned back to Tang with a raised eyebrow "So, what's up?"

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#12 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Vaan:
The boat gently slide up beside the stone pier. Already it could be seen several small tents had been erected on the grassy plain.
A gang plank was lowered and people began streaming off, beginning to set up their own small tented city. "I will call on you when I need you," Sokka's voice suddenly came, seriously toned. "Till then, mingle." His voice once more cherry as he slapped Vaan on the back and walked down the gang plank.

Zhuang:
A knowing and almost understanding smile greeted Zhuang's apology. A dispassionate eye turned to the arriving Cutter. "Ah, friends. Trouble brews and friends must come together to talk. There shall be a meeting away from dissenting voices to make a plan for peace. When the time is right, I shall call you to this meeting... Toph promises me you are a diligent prospect that we can rely on." There is a sharp and perceptive gaze that looks up from the smaller figure of the Minister.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#13 Post by Luna Guardian »

"One does ones best, Minister" Zhuàng replied and bowed, excusing himself. He was curious to see who the new arrivals were, besides the obvious, but decided that setting up his own camp took priority. After all, the people of the water tribe weren't going anywhere apparently, but he had to move quickly to catch a good place for his tent. Finding a spot that pleased him, Zhuàng raised his tent literally from the ground, three earthen slates forming his rather sizable tent. Zhuàng tended to make his accomodations slightly larger than necessary, since you never knew when you might need the extra space for...recreational activities. Chuckling to himself, the young earthbender set off to meet the new arrivals.

Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#14 Post by Eldacar »

Vaan nodded to Sokka, then stepped down and off the ramp. He felt almost revitalised, rejuvenated, from his dance with the dolphins just earlier. Heading towards the Earth Kingdom people, he moved with soft grace, glancing around at each of them. He hadn't often seen many people of the Earth Kingdom - or Earthbenders either, for that matter.

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#15 Post by Etherion Fenix »

The two groups slowly came together as one. Each greeted the other as friends, with well wishes and hand shakes.
Aside, Minister Tang and Sokka moved away from the group, further to the tree line. With a stomp and raise of his fist a table jutted up. A second time he moved, four chairs rose. Company, it appeared, was expected.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#16 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Two sail craft. Logic dictated, Jia Lin decided, that representatives of the other nations were coming to take part as well. One of the ships would undoubtedly be from the Earth Kingdom, given what had happened. The other would be from the Water Tribes or the reborn Air Nomads. If sailcraft were involved, that would indicate the Water Tribe was more likely going to be present.

Jia Lin opened both her eyes fully and stood up, stretching. Her braid swung behind her. It seemed logical that she would soon be working with investigators from the other kingdoms. Her green eyes sparkled.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#17 Post by Luna Guardian »

Zhuàng stood out amongst the people of the water tribes, both for his size and his clothing. His brown vest with green decorations and his beige pants were as different as earth was from water from the blue and white skin and fur clothing of the water and his robust physique differing from the more slender forms of the water tribe's warriors.

Looking for ways to pass the time and to have fun, Zhuàng mingled with the new arrivals.

Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#18 Post by Eldacar »

Vaan observed the Earth Kingdom people with interest. They were quite different from the water tribes, both in stature and dress. He didn't doubt that at least some of them were Earthbenders, too. His experience was largely with waterbending lore, but he would be interested, he decided, in learning of other styles and fashions of bending. After all, the Avatar was the Avatar, but there should still be something to learn from other styles even without being such an individual.

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#19 Post by Etherion Fenix »

One of the Water Tribe girls suddenly bumped into Zhuang, looking up at the large muscular frame, she giggled and quickly ran away into the mixing crowd.

To Vaans eyes their didn't appear to be any Earthbenders at all, certainly the official sitting now with Sokka and there was a stone tent lifted from the earth, but the majority of the Earth Kingdom people seemed to merely be sailors from the Junk.

What revelry there was quickly disappeared as a cry went up. Those old enough to know and fear the Fire Nation cringed at the sight of the massive Airship rapidly approaching. The ornamental golden Dragon head sparkled in the later afternoon sun. Sokka and Minister Tang quickly came back among their people. "Calm yourselves, the war is past and these are now friends," Sokka's voice commanded.

Descending slowly, the giant craft eventually settled away from the two groups.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#20 Post by Luna Guardian »

Momentarily stunned by the girl, Zhuàng was speechless as the girl ran off. Her look and laugh hadn't gone unnoticed though, and as soon as he gathered his wits, the large earthbender grinned and dashed after the girl.

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#21 Post by Etherion Fenix »

The girl was nowhere to be seen as all attention seemed turned towards the Fire Nation.
A mini-procession followed from the ship, which lead to a slightly embarrassed look on the Crown Prince given the near incredulous and disappointed look on Sokka's face.
"See! This is how you're supposed to treat your boss," there was much muttering as he and Minister Tang aproached. "Im sorry," Sokka said as he shoock the Princes hand. "As I am for you," he replied. Solemnly the three walked away from the crowd to the table by the forest. Leaving everyone else to look with suspicion upon each other.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#22 Post by Eldacar »

"We might," Vaan muttered to himself, "if you'd stop telling bad jokes all the time." He listened to the exchange, then frowned slightly, mind flickering and sorting through the possibilities. He knew what Sokka's problem was, but this seemed to imply that there was something else going on as well. He hadn't heard anything from other members of the White Lotus, though.

Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#23 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin was amongst the procession emerging from the ship. She looked about her, wide-eyed, taking in the new sights and sounds. She had left the Fire Nation before, to visit the Colonies where her parents had lived, but the islands of the Air Nomads were something new, and so cast her gaze everywhere, absorbing the new experience eagerly. There was a crowd of people gathered as well - Earth Kingdom and Water Tribe members, as she had deduced. She wondered which of them would be the investigators that she would be working with.
Last edited by Calarion Sapherior on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#24 Post by Luna Guardian »

Frantically looking for the water tribe girl, Zhuàng paid no attention to the new arrivals and the effect they were having on the people of the water tribe and earth kingdom. Only after he was certain that the girl wouldn't be found did he give up, turning his attention to the fire nation airship. Zhuàng had seen them before, but had never had the chance to do so up close.

Looking forwards to meeting the new arrivals, he used his huge bulk to edged closer to the airship. Zhuàng had no real problems with the people from the fire nation, having been born after the war and being a social and outgoing nature. They were usually a passionate lot, and that was a trait Zhuàng admired. Minister Tang would probably also be there, so that whatever was going to happen, would with luck finally start happening.

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#25 Post by Etherion Fenix »

An uneasy peace lingered as the three men chatted at the stone table and the sunlight faded into dusk. Those attendants from the Fire Nation began setting up a small camp as well.

Zhuang would notice a number eyes watching him. The Water tribe girl had returned, with two others, all staring, pointy and giggling incessantly.

As the very last rays of light turned the sky red and the fires were lit. Three shapes came gliding over the forest canopy. The Air Nomads had arrived.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#26 Post by Luna Guardian »

Noticing that he was suddenly the centre of attention, Zhuàng smiled at those looking at him and nodded to some. He was about to go on his way when he heard the cheerful incessant giggling from behind him.

Turning, he saw not one but three water tribe girls, all giggling to each other and staring at him with wide eyes. His warm smile broadened as he made his way to the group of girls "I remember you from earlier. Is there something I can do for you?"

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#27 Post by Etherion Fenix »

There was no true answer to Zhuang's query unless there was some code within the ear-splitting squealing, giggling and pointing of the trio of girls.

Of the Nomads, the lead wore long robes in shades of yellow and orange, he featured the distinctive blue arrow tattoos. The younger wore orange shawls over long-sleeved yellow shirts, an orange sash, double-layered pants with brown underneath and a loose yellow layer on top, and high boots that reach just below the knees.
They appear a little self conscious under the gaze of the slightly awed crowd.
"Did I tell you, my sisters, mothers, brothers, son's, daughter turned out to be one of the reincarnations?" A Earth Kingdom sailor spoke to another.

The lead monk seperated and joined the three leaders at the stone table. There the conversation lasted long, till near enough to midnight word started filtering thru. To Jia Lin, the Crown Prince wished to see her. To Zhuang, Minister Tang wished to speak. To Vaan, Sokka wanted something, there was a shrug.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#28 Post by Eldacar »

Noticing the shrug from Sokka, Vaan headed over to the chief. He also noted that the other leaders - from the Fire and Earth nations - seemed to be making similar motions and requests to some of their own people. An overly tall Earth kingdom individual, he checked, and a young Fire Nation girl.

Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#29 Post by Luna Guardian »

As the messenger from Minister Tang arrived, Zhuàng had bid farewell to the three watertribe girls after it became clear that none of them were capable of coherent speech, which granted took Zhuàng a good while. Kissing the back of the first girl's hand, he asked them to seek him out if they so wished. Smiling he added "I'm looking forwards to it".

Accepting the message from the messenger, the large Earthbender started to make his way towards the appointed place. Arriving, he bowed to the three Air nomads before turning to the Fire Nation representatives. Noticing Jia Lin, a warm smile lit his face again. He placed his fist against his palm and he bowed deep "My lady. Zhuàng Shen, pleased to meet you"

Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#30 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin rose gracefully to obey the summons. She, too, noticed the others as well, and so her reaction to the courtesy of the gigantic Earth Kingdom man was tempered by her recollection of his behaviour with the Water Tribe girls. The pleasure is all yours, she thought, but did not say it. "Jia Lin," she said simply, and bowed. She kept a suspicious gaze on him out of the corner of her eye as she did. This one was not to be trusted.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot