Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#1 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Welcome to the world of Avatar. For those unfamiliar with the setting it is Asian in philosophy and design. Drawing heavily upon Chinese and Japanese cultures, with the added element that there are those born into the world with the power to bend the elements themselves.

The setting of this adventure is going to be set 30 years after the events set out in the TV series. It is best if you have at least a passing knowledge of said show to fully appreciate and be able to participate but that is no barrier if you’re interested.
In the world of Avatar there is the four Nations, one for each of the elements, Air, Earth, Fire and Water. Among the four nations there are a greater variety of options to play, from being a Bender, Warrior, Scholar or perhaps anything else your fevered imagination could bring.
Much has changed since the War ended. It has become an era of peace and rebuilding, though grudges and enmity still lingers for those old enough to remember. The world is still divided among the four nations, thanks to the rebirth of the Air Nomads. Throughout the 3 remaining nations those with the ability to bend air have been born, the reincarnations of those slain in the Fire Nations genocide. The Avatar, last of the Airbenders has taken it upon himself to take these new benders under his wing and bring back his lost culture.
The Avatar is the spirit of the world given human form and master of all four elemental bending disciplines, whose task is to keep balance between the four nations.

Greetings denizens of the rp forum. I seek up to three other participants for this little tale. One place has already been placed aside and he can introduce himself at his own leisure.
Basically I'm looking to run a small adventure set as above. For rules I am aiming to use the BESM tristat variation for those familiar. If not I can still take people through it easily enough.
Questions more then welcome and expected. :D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender (rp)

#2 Post by Eldacar »

I'm interested, but have basically zero knowledge of this particular rule system.
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
[21:39:49] <Cenyu> Bold words, flying Dutchman.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3 Post by Etherion Fenix »

As it says in the name it basically runs on three stats, body, mind and soul. Then you get attributes and skills which run off these three or a combination of them. Wiki provides a better explanation here.
We're basically using this system because it seems to allow the most freedom to use stuff like the Bending powers that we've found.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#4 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

You already know that I'm in :D
"Ask every person if they've heard the story,
And tell them, loud and clear, if they have not:
That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
That once there was a spot
For one brief shining moment
That was known as Camelot."
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#5 Post by Luna Guardian »

I'm interested. I'll have to read the BESAM Tristat system first though
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#6 Post by Etherion Fenix »

So that is Cal in. Eldacar and Luna interested.
There is no immediate rush as Cal has work which keeps him busy, plus Pendragon.
I believe their is a correction I should make. Since I'm using 3rd edition, skills, traits etc are rolled to beat high rather then beat low. That is if the TN is 10, you need to roll a 10 or higher with your stat+skill etc.
Ghost

#7 Post by Ghost »

I'll join if there is still room. I've watched the whole avatar series so this should be fun...

On a side note how do you plan on limiting how people can bend their element?? I found the show didn't fully show the potential power of certain elements. For instance if one were to be an airbender, they could easily just draw out the air from their opponent, sofocating them. Or blood bending to stop the flow of blood to a person's heart... I know that the show was rated G so they didn't go to this detail but i'm just curious on how you will run it.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#8 Post by Etherion Fenix »

There is still room. Cal and Luna are confirmed and Eldy is just in the process of deciding what he is playing.

I think in both instances the answer is the setting enforcing itself. An Airbender wouldn't do such a thing because they a pacifists and would abhor anybody trying to do such a thing. Plus it would also require a massive mastery of the element. As for blood bending, that required a full moon and a master level waterbender to accomplish what was done in the series.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#9 Post by Eldacar »

Etherion Fenix wrote:I think in both instances the answer is the setting enforcing itself. An Airbender wouldn't do such a thing because they a pacifists and would abhor anybody trying to do such a thing. Plus it would also require a massive mastery of the element. As for blood bending, that required a full moon and a master level waterbender to accomplish what was done in the series.
Katara did it without the full moon in a later episode.

Anyway, I'm still vacillating between a Waterbender and a Firebender. What are Cal and Luna going to be playing as?
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#10 Post by Etherion Fenix »

I forgot about the other instance. Though the wiki is indecisive about whether or not there was a full moon or not. To be precise about my thoughts on this. You would need to be of master level, with a full moon, and the social stigma and inevitable arrest for such acts would turn you into an npc.

Cal is currently going for a Firebender and Luna has chosen an Earthbender.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#11 Post by Eldacar »

Etherion Fenix wrote:Cal is currently going for a Firebender and Luna has chosen an Earthbender.
I'll go Waterbender, then.

Ghost

#12 Post by Ghost »

Considering the other 3 elements have been chosen i guess this would leave me airbender.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#13 Post by Eldacar »

Ghost wrote:Considering the other 3 elements have been chosen i guess this would leave me airbender.
You don't have to be a bender if you don't want to, though since the rest of us will be, it does sort of make sense to round out the group.

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#14 Post by Etherion Fenix »

You don't have to be an Airbender if you don't wish to, nor do you have to be a bender at all. If Sokka, Suki and Ty Lee showed us anything it's that non-benders can be just as dangerous and skilled.
Ghost

#15 Post by Ghost »

lol thats true, but i'll just round the group off as an airbender to give the group access to all 4, any how i don't have a preference, any idea when this will kick up?
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#16 Post by Luna Guardian »

When you lot get your characters done! Hop to you ya lazy gits :wink:
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#17 Post by Etherion Fenix »

What Luna said.
Also Ghost we will have to have a bit of a talk when making your character about what the Air Nomands are like now. Easiest way to do that is catch me on msn if you have it.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#18 Post by Eldacar »

Luna Guardian wrote:When you lot get your characters done! Hop to you ya lazy gits :wink:
Mine is pretty much done. I have to finalise his background (it's only half-written) before winging it off to Etherion, but the stats should all be in order.

Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#19 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Mine was the first started and will probably be the last to be completed.
"Ask every person if they've heard the story,
And tell them, loud and clear, if they have not:
That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
That once there was a spot
For one brief shining moment
That was known as Camelot."
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#20 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Luna is done and dusted, Eldy's I'm just waiting to go over, Cal I know about and isn't an issue and Ghost I just have to track down at some point.
Then I can pretty much instant drop you all in it. :D
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#21 Post by Eldacar »

I sent what I've got at the moment to your PM inbox, minus the half-done background.

Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#22 Post by Eldacar »

Okay, the full character sheet has been submitted, with completed background.

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#23 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Right, due to circumstance Ghost has delayed making a character. With Luna and Eldacars complete that just leaves waiting on Cal to get back to me, though I know he is busy, then we can start.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#24 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Our little rp needs some reinvigoration with some fresh blood. We're looking for 1 or maybe 2 people to join who are interested.
Lorien

#25 Post by Lorien »

Given that I considered (and still do) Avatar to be an excellent show, I am interested in participation.
Tahl

#26 Post by Tahl »

Sorry for the late reply but I too would be interested in joining if that's ok?
Winner of the 'Best member' award Incumbent
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/wraith-lord/misc/Animebanner.gif?t=1285150718[/img]
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#27 Post by Luna Guardian »

I'm going to be out of touch for all of next week, due to being in Croatia on a holiday

Yvran the Prince

#28 Post by Yvran the Prince »

Hey, any chance of me joining? I'm a long-time Avatar fan, though I haven't seen many episodes outside of the 3rd season.

P.S. Someone will have to send me details of the system being used if you are going to let me join.
"If you spend your whole time thinking about the universe, you tend to forget the less important bits of it. Like your pants."

"Dojo! What is Rule One?"
"Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!"

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]