Naggarond Trial, Game Thread

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Who will be a winner?

Orcslicer
25%
Shandiar
15%
Prince_Asuryan
15%
Luna Guardian
15%
Sturen
5%
cidracin
5%
NoOoDLe
10%
Amun-Lothain
10%

Total votes: 20

EricJ

Re: Naggarond Trial, Game Thread

#31 Post by EricJ »

Friday had come, and the courtroom was filling up with Druchii nobles and their families. Today was the day that the first two sentences would be passed, and the crowd was thirsty for blood. The murmur rose to a crescendo when the side-gates opened and the beaten and bruised Asur prisoners were brought before the bench, herded like cattle by spear-armed guards. The Chief Interrogator followed carrying a document, looking mighty pleased with himself. Granted permission to approach the bench, he delivered the document to the Judge who looked in a particularly nasty mood, clearly annoyed by loud-mouthed Druchii and filthy Asur alike.

- "Chief Interrogator, please take the stand. By the life of your children and honor of your house, do you swear to tell the Court the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?"
- "I do, your honor!"
- "Lets proceed. During this week, have you interrogated the accused?"
- "I have, your honor. The list you're holding in your hands, that's the result."
- "Regarding the first case, the one involving Orcslicer and Shandiar, what can you tell us?"

The Chief Interrogator hotched in his seat, looking troubled.

- "The results are inconclusive. Generally speaking, they both claim the other is innocent. I.. I need more time, your honor!"

The Judge grumbled, looking even more displeased. "What about the rest?"

- "Well.. I can't really be sure about Sturen and cidracin either, but I'm positive that Luna Guardian is innocent -- he doesn't have any salivary glands! NoOoDLe is clearly innocent as well"
- "Thank you Chief Interrogator, you may step down."

-----------------

All eight players reported in today.

Code: Select all

Orcslicer       N N G N N
Shandiar        N G N N N
Prince_Asuryan  G G G N G
Luna Guardian   G G G G G
Sturen          G G N N G
cidracin        N G G N G
NoOoDLe         G G N G G
Amun-Lothain    N N G N G
  1. NoOoDLe 16
  2. Shandiar 14
  3. Orcslicer 14
  4. Sturen 10
  5. cidracin 10
  6. Luna Guardian 9
  7. Amun-Lothain 6
  8. Prince_Asuryan 4
"Prince_Asuryan and Amun-Lothain, I find you two guilty on both counts of second-degree insult and sabotage! This court hereby sentences you to death! May Khaine be pleased."

Screaming and crying, Prince_Asuryan and Amun-Lothain were dragged in chains through the courtroom to their executioner waiting outside, enduring the cheers and laughs of the assembled Druchii crowd. Meanwhile the rest of the prisoners were taken back to their cells, awaiting the next round of the farce trial. They all knew that although they had escaped this time, the cruel torture and the masquerade of ridiculous crimes and fabricated evidence would not end. Somehow, the Druchii would see them all dead, it was only a question of how and when.

Outside by the chopping block, leaning on his favorite axe, High Executioner Ruerl Khan whistled a merry tune...
[i]"I am a big believer in technology and I’m a big believer in openness when it comes to the flow of information. I think that the more freely information flows, the stronger the society becomes, because then citizens of countries around the world can hold their own governments accountable."[/i]
- [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWvBQyRTJD8]Barack Obama[/url]
EricJ

#32 Post by EricJ »

Tomorrow the teams will be re-arranged, some of you will get a new co-player for the next week. Until then, have a good weekend. Also, give it up for Amun-Lothain and Prince_Asuryan, thanks for playing. It's been a blast.
[i]"I am a big believer in technology and I’m a big believer in openness when it comes to the flow of information. I think that the more freely information flows, the stronger the society becomes, because then citizens of countries around the world can hold their own governments accountable."[/i]
Sturen

#33 Post by Sturen »

Unlucky guys, but don't complain, we have another week in the dungeon :(
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
NoOoDLe

#34 Post by NoOoDLe »

I'm sorry Amun, but I gotta keep on top y'know =P And I'm still pissed about that one time you voted against me during the invasion in the last campaign ;)

And before I forget! First week has been a blast :D
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#35 Post by Luna Guardian »

Worry not Prince_Asuryan, I'll remember your brave defiance to the end! If I'd have had salivary glands, I would've spat the torturer against his ugly face. Rest well dear friend, may you find plentiful game in Kurnous' heavenly forests.
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#36 Post by Ruerl Khan »

*CHOP*
...whoops. was that your hand instead of your neck I hit?
*THWACK*
aw... how clumsy of me... I accidentally used a club and broke your legs instead...
*STAB*
Hey now, I appear to have dropped my dagger up into one of your body cavities...
*CHOP*

And now its the next guys turn...

Cruel laughter filled the streets only accompanied by the screams of the Asur, echoing through the the city, down to the damp dark cells where the Asur sat jailed
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
EricJ

#37 Post by EricJ »

The teams for week 2 are as follows:
  • Orcslicer and Luna Guardian
  • Shandiar and cidracin
  • NoOoDLe and Sturen
It should prove to be an interesting week. While Orcslicer and Shandiar have had a good run of cooperation, how will they fare when pitched against the treacherous Luna Guardian and erratic cidracin? Likewise, how will NoOoDLe (who has built his top position on betrayal) fare when pitched against the likewise erratic Sturen? Will this week be swingy, mistrusting, or cooperative?

Well, time to find out. You've got until Monday night (central european time) to PM me your testimony.
Orcslicer

#38 Post by Orcslicer »

Oh great, I'm partnered with Mr Backstabby :P
ANDRUILLIUS IS A GREAT AND NOBLE MEMBER OF THIS BOARD. HE IS GOODNESS. HE IS LIGHT.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#39 Post by Luna Guardian »

I'd like to point out that I didn't backstab anyone, I only ever voted for Guilty. I couldn't have spat the interrogator, I don't have salivary glands!
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
EricJ

#40 Post by EricJ »

Entering week two, we've got six beaten and bruised contestants left. One of them kept silent during the weekend, five gave their testimonies:

Orcslicer       N N G N N     G
Luna Guardian   G G G G G     N
Shandiar        N G N N N     N
cidracin        N G G N G     N
Sturen          G G N N G     G
NoOoDLe         G G N G G     G

Of things to note, Luna breaks his five-day record of testifying "Guilty", (!) and loses a point to suspicious Orcslicer. Shandiar and cidracin finds eachother immediately, taking three points each while both Sturen and NoOoDLe gets a single one for both being greedy for the jackpot. This gives us some action in the points table.
  1. Orcslicer 19
  2. NoOoDLe 17
  3. Shandiar 17
  4. cidracin 13
  5. Sturen 11
  6. Luna Guardian 9
  7. Amun-Lothain 6
  8. Prince_Asuryan 4
Sturen and NoOoDLe both take a hit here, as Sturen drops into the danger zone and NoOoDLe loses his leader score. Orcslicer becomes the new leader, with NoOoDLe and Shandiar close behind.

Luna Guardian and Sturen must start claiming points fast, but how? By cooperation or by treachery?

Send in the Tuesday Testimony now. :)
EricJ

#41 Post by EricJ »

A prisoner complained that they hadn't formally been charged with any new crimes since last week, so after the Chief Interrogator and the High Judge came out of their laughing fits they agreed to charge the prisoners with the following:
  1. Either Orcslicer or Luna Guardian was seen trying to escape by digging a tunnel out of their jail cell. Such grave obstruction of justice is punishable by death!
  2. During Monday's interrogations, either Shandiar or cidracin was heard crying for their sad bitch of a mother who once dropped them screaming into this world. In Naggarond, such pathetic weaklings are offered only death!
  3. Monday night, a fight broke out in the jails and a prisoners was killed. We know that either Sturen or NoOoDLe started it, and aggravated assault and murder are punishable by death!
Also in recent news, Tuesdays testimonies are in. Five players talked and one kept silent.

Orcslicer       N N G N N     G N
Luna Guardian   G G G G G     N N
Shandiar        N G N N N     N N
cidracin        N G G N G     N N
Sturen          G G N N G     G N
NoOoDLe         G G N G G     G N

In an astonishing feat, the pitiful Asur prisoners for once cling to their so high-esteemed "honor" and all stand up for eachother, shoulder to shoulder. You are all awarded three points each for such a glorious act of bravery.

... The Interrogator notes that there are even more points to be had for defectors, though. He also notes that some are in better need of them than others...

Furthermore, this gives us a pretty boring points table: it's unchanged since yesterday.
  1. Orcslicer 22
  2. NoOoDLe 20
  3. Shandiar 20
  4. cidracin 16
  5. Sturen 14
  6. Luna Guardian 12
  7. Amun-Lothain 6
  8. Prince_Asuryan 4
PM me your testimonies for Wednesday.
Orcslicer

#42 Post by Orcslicer »

Haha, solidarity brother Asur! Mother Ulthuan would be proud :D
*sheds tear*
ANDRUILLIUS IS A GREAT AND NOBLE MEMBER OF THIS BOARD. HE IS GOODNESS. HE IS LIGHT.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#43 Post by Luna Guardian »

Live with honour, die with honour. Chracian code

EricJ

#44 Post by EricJ »

Today, all players testified. Great work guys, keep it up!

Orcslicer       N N G N N     G N N
Luna Guardian   G G G G G     N N N
Shandiar        N G N N N     N N G
cidracin        N G G N G     N N G
Sturen          G G N N G     G N N
NoOoDLe         G G N G G     G N G

Yesterday's act of defiance and unity was short-lived. Orcslicer and Luna Guardian keeps the cooperation up, but both Shandiar and cidracin turned on the spot and claims two points less for it. NoOoDLe's treachery paid off though, he gets todays jackpot of five points and poor Sturen gets nothing.

So what happens on the points table? Well, NoOoDLe joins Orcslicer in the top on 25 points, and Luna Guardian climbs a slot and is now only two points behind cidracin. Sturen ends up dead last, but with two days left to play before Friday's culling there's still plenty of room for maneuvering.
  1. Orcslicer 25
  2. NoOoDLe 25
  3. Shandiar 21
  4. cidracin 17
  5. Luna Guardian 15
  6. Sturen 14
  7. Amun-Lothain 6
  8. Prince_Asuryan 4
PM me your testimony for Thursday.
Sturen

#45 Post by Sturen »

nOodLe, how could you?

NoOoDLe

#46 Post by NoOoDLe »

Sturen wrote:nOodLe, how could you?
You wrote my name wrong you bastard.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Sturen

#47 Post by Sturen »

oops :) well most people call you noodsie, at least I tried :D

NoOoDLe

#48 Post by NoOoDLe »

I actually prefer Noodsie nowadays x'D
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#49 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Luna Guardian wrote:Live with honour, die with honour. Chracian code
Worry not Prince_Asuryan, I'll remember your brave defiance to the end! If I'd have had salivary glands, I would've spat the torturer against his ugly face. Rest well dear friend, may you find plentiful game in Kurnous' heavenly forests.
*snickers*
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
NoOoDLe

#50 Post by NoOoDLe »

Oi! The prisoners want to hear today's verdict!
EricJ

#51 Post by EricJ »

Sorry, the shower with the girlfriend took longer than expected...

All players reported in today as well, goes to show how everyone wants to be in for the final week as well.

Orcslicer       N N G N N     G N N N
Luna Guardian   G G G G G     N N N N
Shandiar        N G N N N     N N G G
cidracin        N G G N G     N N G G
Sturen          G G N N G     G N N N
NoOoDLe         G G N G G     G N G N

Cooperation seem to be the tune of the week, because of the six testimonies, four says they co-prisoner is Not Guilty. That's three points each to Orcslicer, Luna Guardian, Sturen and NoOoDLe, and the two who mistrusts eachother? Well, Shandiar and cidracin gets one point each today as well.

No movement on the chart as of yet. Orcslicer and NoOoDLe both keep a convincing lead at seven points ahead of Shandiar's third place. In the bottom, both Sturen and Luna Guardian advances on cidracin, which makes tomorrows culling a nail-biter -- Orcslicer, NoOoDLe and Shandiar are all probably safe, but of cidracin, Luna Guardian and Sturen two will get axed.
  1. Orcslicer 28
  2. NoOoDLe 28
  3. Shandiar 22
  4. cidracin 18
  5. Luna Guardian 18
  6. Sturen 17
  7. Amun-Lothain 6
  8. Prince_Asuryan 4
Who will perish and who will survive into the final week? It's up to you guys. PM me the testimony for Friday. :)
Sturen

#52 Post by Sturen »

What will happen if there's a draw?

EricJ

#53 Post by EricJ »

Sturen wrote:What will happen if there's a draw?
Right now I think the best idea to make the tie-breaker the previous position. For example, if Alice has 10 points, Bob 13, (so Bob is ahead of Alice) and Alice gains 3 points, (so breaks even with Bob) she'll still have the second position. She needs a full point extra to get ahead of Bob.

The alternative is to roll the die, I suppose. And I strongly dislike rolling dice. Any other ideas? What do you guys think?
NoOoDLe

#54 Post by NoOoDLe »

I personally think dice is the fairer option but, it's your game. Your decision, ultimately.
Orcslicer

#55 Post by Orcslicer »

Force the other players to vote who to save and who to kill? It fits in with the whole prisoner dilhemma theme :twisted:

Or perhaps give each of the two to come up with a brief excuse as to why they are innocent of the crime and judge the best?

Just a few thoughts...
EricJ

#56 Post by EricJ »

Very interesting, Orcslicer. :twisted:

Oh well, we'll cross that bridge when/if we come to it. Not all players have reported in yet.
EricJ

#57 Post by EricJ »

The glare of the sun stung the eyes of cidracin and Luna Guardian as they were pushed out from a gate and onto the large square outside the courthouse, filled with a cheering Druchii crowd. This was the place where the feared High Executioner Ruerl Khan so cruelly had executed their two friends, exactly a week ago, the chopping blocks and the dark stones beneath them were still stained with their blood. The pair looked around them, trying to catch a glimpse of their fellow comrades, but they were nowhere to be seen. That's when they realized.

They were going to be executed.

cidracin let out a trembling whisper at the thought of his doom, but Luna Guardian calmed him with a touch, a single tear running down his cheek. They looked at eachother with a glance that said they were going to face this like true elves, like true Asur.

Orcslicer       N N G N N     G N N N N
Luna Guardian   G G G G G     N N N N G
Shandiar        N G N N N     N N G G N
cidracin        N G G N G     N N G G G
Sturen          G G N N G     G N N N N
NoOoDLe         G G N G G     G N G N N

... But as they were prodded towards the site of the execution and their eyes got used to the light, they saw that two elves were already bound by the two chopping blocks! It was Shandiar and Sturen! Standing next to them were Ruerl Khan himself, clad in black leather, holding a huge axe made of dark steel. And sitting by a large wooden bench towering above them were the Judge.

- "Today we've got two heroes!", the Judge exclaimed and the Druchii crowd went wild. "Today is the day when two sneaky, back-stabbing Asur prisoners gave up their stubbornness and their high-praised honour, the day they sold their co-prisoners to the executioner for another miserable week in the dungeons!"

The crowd cheered, and as Ruerl Khan lifted his axe high above his head, a drumroll sounded.

Luna Guardian and cidracin watched through it all, watched as their friends were executed, their heads held up for display to the cheering crowd.

But they couldn't look eachother in the eyes as they were led back to the dungeons.
  1. NoOoDLe 31
  2. Orcslicer 28
  3. cidracin 23
  4. Luna Guardian 23
  5. Shandiar 22
  6. Sturen 20
  7. Amun-Lothain 6
  8. Prince_Asuryan 4
Even though Sturen got his three points today, he couldn't escape the axe of Ruerl. Both cidracin and Luna Guardian escapes by the grit of their teeth, catching five points and instead pushing down unfortunate Shandiar.

Thanks to you both for playing, my heart goes out especially to Shandiar -- got stabbed badly there mate, but such is the nature of the game. This week ended even more spectacularly than the last, and tomorrow will bring our four survivors their co-prisoners for the third and final week, along with a little rules-twist... :twisted:

To be continued.
Shandiar

#58 Post by Shandiar »

Oh well Cidracens was expected, I had other plans, but Sturens was not.

Still it was a surprise to me to just see the points rising, I had expected a little levelment after each round, now it's easy to guess what people will vote for.
High Priest of ASS
cidracin

#59 Post by cidracin »

Sorry about getting you killed Shandiar but I only voted guilty cause it seemed like you had no reason to vote not guilty. Also if I had voted not guilty and you had continued your guilty trends I wold have been toast unless Luna got zero.

Though on the bright side you did die like an honourable Asur :D
Cidracin Greyrider 12/14/3
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#60 Post by Luna Guardian »

I trust there're no hard feelings between us Orcy? You were in no danger of being axed, while my life was literally hanging on the edge. Also, now we're even