Naggarond Trial, Game Thread

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Who will be a winner?

Orcslicer
25%
Shandiar
15%
Prince_Asuryan
15%
Luna Guardian
15%
Sturen
5%
cidracin
5%
NoOoDLe
10%
Amun-Lothain
10%

Total votes: 20

EricJ

Naggarond Trial, Game Thread

#1 Post by EricJ »

The cheers rose from the gathered Druchii crowd as the first rattling of black-forged chains spoiled the arrival of the eight Asur prisoners in the dimly-lit courtroom. They were a wretched sight to behold, filthy, bloodied and dressed in rags, heads lowered, some sobbing. The guards, armed with wicked spears, prodded the prisoners before them, lining them up in front of the bench.

A guard slammed the butt of his spear into the marble floor and ordered everyone present to rise at the entrance of the High Judge, specially appointed for this farce trial. Smiling, the Druchii crowd played along and rose from their seats as the judge entered and took his place at the bench and started to read the accusations out loud.

"Orcslicer and Shandiar, you were both captured during a raid in Chrace, witnesses claim they saw you fighting together and one of you killing the Corsair lieutenant. The punishment of murder is death!"

The crowd cheers and the judge continues.

"In the dungeons of Naggarond, the chief torturer claims one of you, Prince_Asuryan and Luna Guardian, spat him in the neck during interrogation of a third prisoner. The punishment of such a grave insult is death!

Sturen and cidracin, a guard claims he saw one of you steal food from a dead prisoner in your cell. In Naggarond, the punishment of theft is death!"

The crowd cheers, the judge slams the bench and demands silence. He then continues.

"NoOoDLe and Amun-Lothain, when you were captured in the aforementioned raid in Chrace, a Cold One stepped into a rabbithole and broke his leg on grounds known to belong to one of you. The punishment for so obviously sabotaging the Witch Kings property is death!"

Having informed the prisoners of the accusations against them, the judge stepped down from the bench and left the courtroom. To the cheers of the gathered crowd, the prisoners were taken to the interrogation chambers where they under the following week would be questioned regarding their crimes. At the end of the week, sentences would be passed.

---------------

So there you go, you've been assigned your co-players for the week. Just to clarify, the teams are:

1) Orcslicer and Shandiar
2) Prince_Asuryan and Luna Guardian
3) Sturen and cidracin
4) NoOoDLe and Amun-Lothain

You have until the evening on monday the 8th to PM me the testimony against your co-player in accordance with the rules posted here. Remember, the testimony is under no circumstance allowed to be posted in public, they are to be delivered to me directly!

While this first round gives your plenty of time to answer, do not delay -- the faster the testimony arrives, the happier the judge will be. Remember that you will be required to post daily starting the next week!

There you go! Figure out your pledge, PM it to me and wait until Monday evening for the result! GO!

(Game-related questions, role-playing, cheering from spectators and players etc are obviously allowed in this thread.)
[i]"I am a big believer in technology and I’m a big believer in openness when it comes to the flow of information. I think that the more freely information flows, the stronger the society becomes, because then citizens of countries around the world can hold their own governments accountable."[/i]
- [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWvBQyRTJD8]Barack Obama[/url]
EricJ

Re: Naggarond Trial, Game Thread

#2 Post by EricJ »

Player wrote:just to clarify, you only want a guilty/not guilty pledge by way of testimony? Not an inventive story/reason in a role playing format to go with it?
Certainly not required, no. Below is a screenshot of a perfectly valid testimony:

[i]"I am a big believer in technology and I’m a big believer in openness when it comes to the flow of information. I think that the more freely information flows, the stronger the society becomes, because then citizens of countries around the world can hold their own governments accountable."[/i]
EricJ

#3 Post by EricJ »

Fresh from the dungeons, here are the testimonies from Monday's interrogations where N stands for "Not Guilty" and G hence is "Guilty":

Code: Select all

Orcslicer       N
Shandiar        N
Prince_Asuryan  G
Luna Guardian   G
Sturen          G
cidracin        N
NoOoDLe         G
Amun-Lothain    N
Two players chose not to testify at this point, which means the interrogators took their silence as a "Not Guilty". Except for those two, only two more prisoners put faith in their co-players, answering "Not Guilty". The rest seem to have a mean streak to them, but to some extent it paid off. Sturen and NoOoDLe pulls ahead by stabbing their co-players in the first round, Orcslicer and Shandiar seem to have a good relationship going while Prince_Asuryan and Luna Guardian points fingers at eachother, claiming only a single point each.

Tally after first round:
  1. NoOoDLe 5
  2. Sturen 5
  3. Orcslicer 3
  4. Shandiar 3
  5. Prince_Asuryan 1
  6. Luna Guardian 1
  7. Amun-Lothain 0
  8. cidracin 0
So.. Thoughts? Comments? Don't forget to PM me the testimonies for Tuesday. Don't delay, do it immediately! :)
Last edited by EricJ on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Orcslicer

#4 Post by Orcslicer »

If you both testify not guilty, you're both awarded 3 points each.
My and Shandy both testified NG. How come we only got 1 point each? :?

EDIT: Ah, you seem to have mixed us up with Luna and Asuryan :)
ANDRUILLIUS IS A GREAT AND NOBLE MEMBER OF THIS BOARD. HE IS GOODNESS. HE IS LIGHT.
EricJ

#5 Post by EricJ »

Uhh.. Yeah. Numbers fixed. :oops:
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#6 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

EricJ wrote: So.. Thoughts? Comments?
Not discussing it is a pain :P
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#7 Post by Luna Guardian »

Yer Honour, it really was Prince_Asuryan. Y'see, I don't have salivary glands!
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Orcslicer

#8 Post by Orcslicer »

Is it possible to know which players didn't respond and hence defaulted as "not guilty"? It makes a difference knowing whether you're gettting cooperation from a player of it's just because they haven't tried anything yet. :)

So far, I think it's all going nicely.
ANDRUILLIUS IS A GREAT AND NOBLE MEMBER OF THIS BOARD. HE IS GOODNESS. HE IS LIGHT.
NoOoDLe

#9 Post by NoOoDLe »

Sorry Amun, an elf's gotta do what an elf's gotta do. =P Don't take it personally ;] hurhur..
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
EricJ

#10 Post by EricJ »

Orcslicer wrote:Is it possible to know which players didn't respond and hence defaulted as "not guilty"?
You can make an educated guess. :twisted:
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#11 Post by Ruerl Khan »

from the crowd a number of shouts could be heard: Cut them down! Hang them all! I bet three hundred slaves on the girly Chracian, he looks like a weasel that will live longer! Clearly the trial fell in the heart of the participating druchii, some exchanged wagers while others exchanged bets, others again exchanged house numbers for a post-trial date.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
EricJ

#12 Post by EricJ »

Tuesdays testimonies:

Orcslicer       N N
Shandiar        N G
Prince_Asuryan  G G
Luna Guardian   G G
Sturen          G G
cidracin        N G
NoOoDLe         G G
Amun-Lothain    N N
Tuesday was a day of mistrust. While Monday had four people testifying "Not Guilty", Tuesday had only two. On the bright side, while Monday had two inactive players, Tuesday had only one.

To sum it up, Orcslicer got stabbed by Shandiar after a cooperative Monday. Prince_Asuryan and Luna Guardian still don't trust eachother, and so keep climbing a measly point each. cidracin took the lesson well from yesterdays betrayal by Sturen, and as a result they both claim only a single point. Only Amun-Lothain keeps putting his faith in NoOoDLe, one he's getting punished for -- NoOoDLe keeps pointing the finger.

Backstabbing leads to large point-swings, which leads us to today's chart:
  1. NoOoDLe 10
  2. Shandiar 8
  3. Sturen 6
  4. Orcslicer 3
  5. Prince_Asuryan 2
  6. Luna Guardian 2
  7. cidracin 1
  8. Amun-Lothain 0
Amun-Lothain and cidracin are taking the jumbo places and risks the axe of Ruerl Khan come friday, but Luna Guardian and Prince_Asuryan are close behind. By not cooperating, they're falling more and more behind NoOoDLe and Shandiar who has built their top spots by betrayal. Meanwhile, Orcslicer stays ahead of them from the rewards of a single day of cooperation, even though he suffered today.

What will Wednesday bring? PM me your testimonies and we'll find out. GO!
Sturen

#13 Post by Sturen »

Lol, I'm pretty ruthless, sorry cidracin :)
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
Orcslicer

#14 Post by Orcslicer »

:evil:
Sturen

#15 Post by Sturen »

hehe...

Orcslicer

#16 Post by Orcslicer »

I believe the song goes "Nice guys finish last...", but at least they can be proud of themselves. Shame on you Shandy :) .
Sturen

#17 Post by Sturen »

But us nasty guys survive :D

Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#18 Post by Ruerl Khan »

*sharpens his axe singing a merry melody*
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Amun-Lothain

#19 Post by Amun-Lothain »

NoOoDLe wrote:Sorry Amun, an elf's gotta do what an elf's gotta do. =P Don't take it personally ;] hurhur..
Oh, look at that, you failed all your combat rolls in my RP, Nero gets eaten by Skaven... :twisted:
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1459/lvl1.jpg[/img]
Setesh Akhen-Isfet, Commander of the Heralds of Oblivion
Sturen

#20 Post by Sturen »

Lol, blackmail FTW!

NoOoDLe

#21 Post by NoOoDLe »

Amun-Lothain wrote:
NoOoDLe wrote:Sorry Amun, an elf's gotta do what an elf's gotta do. =P Don't take it personally ;] hurhur..
Oh, look at that, you failed all your combat rolls in my RP, Nero gets eaten by Skaven... :twisted:
You know Nero'd totally dig that. :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Waaagh

#22 Post by Waaagh »

I'm wearing my "preparing for an axing festival suit" today in celebration of the prisoners soon to be executed. Or actually, in celebration of the execution of the soon to be dead prisoners :D

"just lynch them already! Filthy do- gooding pansies that call us cousins!"
Dwarven gravitational theory states that enough ale will make anything fall down.
EricJ

#23 Post by EricJ »

Wednesdays testimonies are in, seven prisoners keeps talking and only a single one kept silent:

Orcslicer       N N G
Shandiar        N G N
Prince_Asuryan  G G G
Luna Guardian   G G G
Sturen          G G N
cidracin        N G G
NoOoDLe         G G N
Amun-Lothain    N N G
Shandiar stretches out the hand of forgivness, and Orcslicer bites it. An eye for an eye, but do they consider themselves even now? How will they act tomorrow? Prince_Asuryan and Luna Guardian are digging themselves firmly into a hole with three days in a row testifying "Guilty" now, holes that might eventually turn out to be their own graves. Sturen took the hint from yesterday's one-pointer and opened up for further cooperation, but cidracin haven't caught on yet. Finally, Amun-Lothain seems to have realized NoOoDLe isn't going to play nice.. just about the time when he actually does! Oh, this makes for an interesting Thursday, no single pair seem to have converged on a steady plan yet, with the notable exception of Luna Guardian and Prince_Asuryan who seem locked in a game of chicken. Who will sway first..?

This brings us to today's score:
  1. NoOoDLe 10
  2. Shandiar 8
  3. Orcslicer 8
  4. Sturen 6
  5. cidracin 6
  6. Amun-Lothain 5
  7. Prince_Asuryan 3
  8. Luna Guardian 3
NoOoDLe keeps the top spot, and Prince_Asuryan and Luna Guardian drops dead last. With only two more days left before judgement, they need to start picking up some points, fast.

PM me your testimonies for Thursday! Now!
Orcslicer

#24 Post by Orcslicer »

Now we're even :D ....
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#25 Post by Ruerl Khan »

*Somewhere in Naggarond an executioner smiles testing his axe, it is now sharp enough to cut through a candle without toppling it... So he puts it away and finds a dull axe... It is not meant to be a quick afair after all.*
EricJ

#26 Post by EricJ »

Thursday had two silent players. Still, from the other six, only two testified "Guilty", giving us the following table:

Orcslicer       N N G N
Shandiar        N G N N
Prince_Asuryan  G G G N
Luna Guardian   G G G G
Sturen          G G N N
cidracin        N G G N
NoOoDLe         G G N G
Amun-Lothain    N N G N
Orcslicer and Shandiar seems to be back on track, the biggest surprise comes from Prince_Asuryan and Luna Guardian! Luna keeps his four-day streak of testifying "Guilty", which finally paid off. Sturen and cidracin also seem happy with 3 points each, while Amun-Lothain (again) takes a stab from the ever-treacherous NoOoDLe. On the points table, not much changed in the top. In the bottom, Luna Guardian escapes the chopping block (for now) and Amun-Lothain takes his place.
  1. NoOoDLe 15
  2. Shandiar 11
  3. Orcslicer 11
  4. Sturen 9
  5. cidracin 9
  6. Luna Guardian 8
  7. Amun-Lothain 5
  8. Prince_Asuryan 3
For the final day, the score leaders are pretty much safe, but that doesn't mean their testimonies aren't important -- in a way, they hold the key to who gets a scheduled meeting with High Executioner Ruerl Khan come Saturday dawn. If Amun-Lothain climbs a single position, it's Luna on the chopping block instead of him, which makes Amun's co-prisoner NoOoDLe's testimony very, very important.

Send me the final PM with your testimony for the week, please. Tomorrow we'll settle the first round of the Naggarond Trials.
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#27 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Ah crap. Missed the deadline cos of the amount of work I had to do #-o

Never mind.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
NoOoDLe

#28 Post by NoOoDLe »

Ooohh... The power.. You were foolish to place this decision in my hands. =P

Do I want to kill Luna or Amun?

I shall sleep on it. =3
Amun-Lothain

#29 Post by Amun-Lothain »

NoOoDLe wrote:Ooohh... The power.. You were foolish to place this decision in my hands. =P

I shall sleep on it. =3
Hey Noodsy old friend... that stuff about failing rolls, you know I was just kidding, right? Right? 8-[
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1459/lvl1.jpg[/img]
Setesh Akhen-Isfet, Commander of the Heralds of Oblivion
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#30 Post by Ruerl Khan »

NoOoDLe wrote:Ooohh... The power.. You were foolish to place this decision in my hands. =P

I shall sleep on it. =3
Wichever you choose, I shall still meet your neck with my axe later on.

To the esteemed high judge I say this: One of the filthy asur prisenors made one of my knives rust due to their bloods wet nature! Punish them for being so inconsiderate after I tortured them!