The academy - game thread

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

Re: The academy - game thread

#121 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Slowly the nights purplish-blue creeps over the horizon slowly driving away the dying sun leaving behind the rising stars as if they where born of the suns passing, remnants of a lighter time.

Gathered together you slowly move in closing onto the large Chracian, he towers above you by a feet, his face a mask of sorrow for the deed about to be done, while he undoubtly could have taken some of you with him he does not resist, instead he kneels down so that the deed may be done quickly.

As death enters the room, you begin to sing around the deceased, burning his body with your magic, as you do so you see the spirit of Coran Morningroar as he was in life, proud, hard-working, willing to die for his kin, willing to rather die to his own kin than hurt his kin.

Coran morningroar was completly innocent.

It is now night!
Those of you with special abilities may send me a PM if you want to use them, night lasts till tommorrow at the time of this posting. (thats in 24 hours)

Summary of the day:
Coran was killed by a mob and was innocent, he had not even told a lie. Ever.

List of the deceased:
no one was killed by a mob day 1
Zorianay: Beauty from Naggarythe, murdered on night one.
no one was killed by a mob day 2
Nashalon: Swordmaster in disguise, murdered in night two.
Llandowyn: Not-so-innocent high elf, killed by a mob on day 3.
Hjiorych: not-so-innocent high elf, killed night 3.
Alexiah: A suprisingly innocent high elf, killed night 3. No, she was'nt a necromancer, she just liked wearing black clothes.
Coran Morningroar, innocent high elf, killed by a mob on day 4.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#122 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Night...
Three elves sit quietly in their room, each working their magic, one sharpens the knives and swords of an assassin... And one is asleep

Corvych
Oh prince of forbidden pleasure, gate to the unknown lust, true lord of elves... I give unto you this heart of the gluttonious Hjiorych who utterly failed to take the full distance, he enjoyed food but he did not seek enjoyment, his heart I give unto you, and let you guide me when I bring you the heart of Shiadrych!

A crackle of purplish-green flames springs forth from the heart engulfing it in a moment, fumes spread throughout the room making Corvych dissy, and in the smoke her seems to be hearing a soft silken voice, the voice of his patron god calling to him

Through water rising, the annointed one meets scorpion,
Scorpion stings, thricefold, pincer, pincer, tail The tail hidden, thrice over,
Annointed falls into the stars, the future-past shattered is
...as the scorpion.

blinking, and slow realization crawling into his spine, feeling a chill unlike any before, it dawned to Corvych... Shiadrych was the druchii assassin! He did not know how he could have been so fooled, he had known her for years! Yet... something told him that the real Shiadrych was dead a long time ago, a spark of pure vengance, righteous indignation and true feeling of loss for the friend burned in him a moment, his tainted soul warring briefly against the spark of the true Asur in his chest, as he drew his weapon, slowly leaving his room, this night the assassin would be assassinated!

Ardan
Stretching slowly, his back hurting and once more wishing he was home in windswept Tiranoc, riding upon his chariot the wind in his hair, the young diviner slowly chanted, shaken to his very core, he had much to amend for! Coran had been innocent and he had been the leading person in having him killed!
Chanting softly, he conjured up in his mind the vision of his next suspect, Micaere... Who slept soundly, her chest falling and rising in an uneasy sleep, wait! What was that... No, her door is opening! Wake up Micaere! Danger comes!
But his divination could not convey the heartfelt scream of horror he felt as he saw Shiadrych enter the room, one swift strike to the heart, killing Micaere instantly, drawing the rune of Khaela mensha khaine on the victims brow... Then turning about she appeared to be looking at him...
...I see you Ardan, I taste your fear

Corvych
Slowly sneaking down the corridors, the paranoid slaaneshi looked about, was that a shadow? No... just his imagination making him see things, slowly he approached Shiadrychs room...

Vendyh
Corvych hurried towards Ardans room, knocking on the door quickly "it is I, Corvych! I need your help, Shiadrych is an assassin!" using his third sight, Ardan confirmed it, the one outside was indeed... no... something is wrong, the shape shimmers, it is not Corvych! Something... Oh no... Black shadows...

Corvych
Entering Shiadrychs room he looks about carefully, he got here in time... she appears to be sleeping in the bed, quickly! Before she...
Why... hello there Corvych...
the response dies in his mouth as he feels the bitter salty taste of his own blood well up in his mouth through his lungs, he had been so foolish as to try to assassinate an assassin... Who had not even been home, but rather found him searching her room...

Ardan
Black flames burn the door... a tang of black magic is in the air, splinters fly through the room cutting into his flesh, something dark reaches out from the shadows, and there comes beautifull little Vendyh, her illusion pierced for the first time by his divination, showing the dark elven sorceress in all her grace...

Morning
Slowly and with heavy steps the high loremaster approached the academy of bells, inside he knew he would find his new pupil, he had heard good things of this Vendyh, so fine a pupil that even Bel-Shannar had recommended her to him, slowly Teclis opened the door into the academy of silver bells, smiling warmly to the humble student down the hall, awaiting his pleasure, something however was wrong, the winds of magic appeared distorted inside, any other mage might have been fooled by this, but not Teclis, the strong wardings on the place had prevented him from knowing of the taint before he got inside, but now he knew it for what it was, and he knew Vendyh for what she was... calling upon his powers he felt a very mortal shiver down his spine as he heard the soft purring voice behind him

...why hello there

Ashar
Run... do not look back... they are after you... Heard the boom, saw the figure in the shimmering blue robes enter, knew who it was but.. too afraid to stop and help... Need to get away... fast...

And as such, Ashar kept running, bearing news of the massacre to the first garrison he would find, as the lone surviver of it. days later when an investigation finally would arrive, they would find no signs of any dark elves... nor of Teclis...

The chimes outside the academy of silver bells, still play their soft tune.

THE DRUCHII WIN
And a special note of thanks to all the high elves who helped murder each other during the night, some of you got more "dark elf" points than even the dark elves got!

There was a few funny things happening during this DaU, one of them was that Shandiar had a beer too many and forgot to post her assassination the night that Squeak spied on her, so he actually found Shandiar in the room, as if she was innocent. Turns out she was just drunk and needed to sleep it out, or rather. Her player was. Andruillius likewise had real life catch up with him that night.

Luckily two high elves managed to step up to the task of killing high elves! (you know who you are), and I somehow managed to roll two sixes, well, Prince_Asuryan particulair was unlucky otherwise that night, first he tries to disguise himself to get a bonus to murder Uther Di Asturien (success on 5+) and it fails, so no bonus there (would have been a +2 bonus), then he tries to shoot a flare into the eyes of his victim (success on 3+, rolled a 2), so no success there either, then finally he gets his unmodified assassination attempt, wich only works on the roll of a 6, and... he gets a 6.

At the same night Uther decides "hey! Lets go murder Alexiah!", the reason she was strangled was because he used a dough-dragon to slide it under her door and into her throat as she slept, strangling her, then he tried to carve druchii runes into her flesh to make it look like the druchii did it. Offcourse he failed, I did'nt even bother rolling for it.

The astute amongst you will note a conflict here, if Uther is out to murder Alexiah, then he cannot be murdered! And if he is murdered prior to murdering Alexiah, then Alexiah survives! So, I simply rolled a d6: 1-2: P_A arrives and murders Uther before he can murder Alexiah (And she lives), 3-4: he arrives *while* the murder is in progress and returns to his home empty handed (Uther lives), or 5-6 he gets there after the murder has been done and when uther is in his room again.
I rolled a 5, so two dies.

Other notes aside?
I sorted your friends/enemies like this: Each player had a number, the numbers just above him and below him was his friends, the numbers two numbers down was enemies. So if we take player 2 as an example:

1: friend
2: character
3: friend
4: enemy
5: enemy

That means that player 2 and player 3 where friends, but also that each player always would have an enemy of one of his friends friends. (the friend of my friend is my enemy, but the enemy of my enemy might not be my friend.).

Oh, and Squeak survived the night in terms of rolling, just a shame he was the only high elf left then.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Andruillius
The Fool

#123 Post by Andruillius »

Hahahahahahahaha.

I would like to thank my colleague Shandiar for excellent team play =D>

And let's not forget the high elves who made our job so much easier :mrgreen:
[quote="Ruerl Khan"]What Andy said, he's clearly a cassanova with experience in the field and I wish I had his imagination when it comes to being romantic.[/quote]
[quote="Raneth"]
The answer to your troubles is clear: be sexy and cool like Andy 8)[/quote]
Andruillius
The Fool

#124 Post by Andruillius »

What happened to Ashar BTW?
[quote="Ruerl Khan"]What Andy said, he's clearly a cassanova with experience in the field and I wish I had his imagination when it comes to being romantic.[/quote]
[quote="Raneth"]
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#125 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Andruillius wrote:What happened to Ashar BTW?
*facepalms* completly forgot about him. Means that there are 2 high elves and 2 dark elves left, it changes nothing though, the victory condition for the dark elves was to get just as many left as there was high elves left. I'll add him into the story above though.
Andruillius
The Fool

#126 Post by Andruillius »

Ashar got away? So that was the Druchii sorcerer...

For a moment there I was worried you'd given us victory prematurely, but with two against two they wouldn't be able to kill us through a vote, so victory was deserved after all \:D/
[quote="Raneth"]
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#127 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Andruillius wrote:Ashar got away? So that was the Druchii sorcerer...

For a moment there I was worried you'd given us victory prematurely, but with two against two they wouldn't be able to kill us through a vote, so victory was deserved after all \:D/
Dude... you misread your character description, you where the only druchii using magic in the game. ;)
Andruillius
The Fool

#128 Post by Andruillius »

I didn't misread anything, I added my own fluff.
[quote="Raneth"]
cidracin

#129 Post by cidracin »

So Andy was behind the false dreams?
Cidracin Greyrider 12/14/3
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
Squeak
The Anarcist

#130 Post by Squeak »

Bugger. I spent a while trying to figure out whether to go for Coran or Vendyh, then reckoned I could make a better case against Coran. I am still surprised he wasn't on the druchii side, I could have sworn on it.

Also, at one stage I was wondering if there were any druchii at all, and whether Ruerl was just toying with us all. The first murder wouldn't have made too much sense then, but I did wonder if that was just a ruse.

Good game anyway, been too long since I played in one, thanks Ruerl.
[size=85][i]"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side"[/i][/size]
cidracin

#131 Post by cidracin »

What had you so convinced Squeak :?:
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
Amun-Lothain

#132 Post by Amun-Lothain »

I suspected Andy, but I wasn't sure about the others.

Thanks Ruerl! It was fun, even if I died on the second night.

So... when does the next one start? :P
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1459/lvl1.jpg[/img]
Setesh Akhen-Isfet, Commander of the Heralds of Oblivion
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#133 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Crap.

I worked out Shiadrych was the assassin when I planned to murder her tonight. Should have gone with my initial suspicions rather than follow Squeak.

So damn close to winning this time.

As an aside Ruerl, when did I fail to kill Shiadrych? Bad rolls? Considering I told you I knew it was her in my PM, I thought that may have been taken into account :P

Anywho, well played everyone, I look forward to the next DaU and reserve my place already!
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Shandiar

#134 Post by Shandiar »

How did you know it was me? And never try to assassinate an assassin, I got heavy modifiers to survive.

Well played everyone, it was fun!
High Priest of ASS
Uther Di Asturien

#135 Post by Uther Di Asturien »

Darned Prince Asuryan! #-o

Sorry Noods, let me say in my defense that you were suspiciously handsome :D

Also, great roleplaying everyone! I think this was one of the best DAUs in memory, definetely the best roleplaying at least. =D>

Looking forward to the next one! :)
Ambassador of the [url=http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org]Roundtable of Bretonnia[/url]

[quote="EricJ"]You're all (well.. except Raneth) forgetting the age-old dogma: on the internet, all men are men, all women are men, and all children are the FBI.[/quote]
"Brute force with care"
-Luna Guardian
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#136 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Prince_Asuryan wrote:Crap.

I worked out Shiadrych was the assassin when I planned to murder her tonight. Should have gone with my initial suspicions rather than follow Squeak.

So damn close to winning this time.

As an aside Ruerl, when did I fail to kill Shiadrych? Bad rolls? Considering I told you I knew it was her in my PM, I thought that may have been taken into account :P

Anywho, well played everyone, I look forward to the next DaU and reserve my place already!
Basically the dream told you her modifier to survival, "Scorpion stings, thricefold, pincer, pincer, tail The tail hidden, thrice over," meaning: She has a modifier of +3 and its something normally hidden.
...your basic assassination success is on a 6+, a trained assassin has one of 2+ in the games as I run them (normally its an automatic success), furthermore, she has a +3 to beat your attempt, in wich case the tables are turned.

Also... you tried to get into close combat with an assassin, as a mage student, what did you really expect would happen?

@Shandiar: He knew because of the vision he recieved, he sacrificed the heart of Hjiorych and I then proceeded to roll a six to see what happened, so because of this good roll I decided to send him a vision telling him "your going to die if you do this" (he still went to the scorpion, despite the warnings)
Shandiar

#137 Post by Shandiar »

Of course he died as a real Slaaneshi :lol:
High Priest of ASS
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#138 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

..your basic assassination success is on a 6+, a trained assassin has one of 2+ in the games as I run them (normally its an automatic success), furthermore, she has a +3 to beat your attempt, in wich case the tables are turned.
Basic assassination was a 4+ for me, but ne're mind. I kinda hoped I'd do ok :P I wasn't gonna convince the others she was an assassin really... 'Hey lads, Slannesh sent me a vision when I sacrificed a heart. She's the assassin' :P
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Paraicj

#139 Post by Paraicj »

AAAAAAGHHHHHAHAHAHAHHAHHHHAHHHhAGGGHHH!!!!

My internet was down for one day. ONE DAY!!!

And I missed all this. I just had time to see that Coran was dead and it was night time. :(

Ashar survived though, and he is definitely NOT a Druchii. He's just a sad high elf.

I decided at the start to be completely in character, so anything my best friend (Coran) or the elf I was in love with (Vendyh) said, I was going to take as truth even if I myself didn't think it was particularly plausible. Silly trusting Ashar! So I was doomed from the start. :D
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg11hc95.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/mora3q5k.gif[/img]
[i]Dread Lord Zakhital Goremane the Incompetent, 181 kills 5/22/11
[color=red][b]Vaul's Vengeful Villain[/b][/color]
[url=http://img3.abload.de/img/paraicamonueiq.jpg]Paraicamon, I choose you![/url][/i]
cidracin

#140 Post by cidracin »

Paraicj I also decided to be in character as possible and trust Ashar, and by extension Vendyh. Although I was pretty sure one of you was up to something I also needed Ashar and Vendyh on my side in voting since I lost my ally LLandowyn on the second day. Although by trusting Vendyh I helped Andy win again ](*,)
Paraicj

#141 Post by Paraicj »

Yeah. Goddam Andy is such a wench. :P
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg11hc95.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/mora3q5k.gif[/img]
[url=http://img3.abload.de/img/paraicamonueiq.jpg]Paraicamon, I choose you![/url][/i]
Shandiar

#142 Post by Shandiar »

Ahaha and you are so damn nice :mrgreen: Still we only won due to a few lucky factors and you killing your own, but everything went according to plan.
High Priest of ASS
Paraicj

#143 Post by Paraicj »

Well, you were safe from me anyway Shandiar, since Coran's dying words were that he trusted you. I would have been after Micaere like the hammers of hell! :P

I had a big self-righteous speech planned for the new day, can't believe the game finished there!
Shandiar

#144 Post by Shandiar »

Yes Coran and Ardan did a great job to protect me. I had this set up against Corvych threathening him before night time. Since the rest of you were so eager killing each other some might kill Corvych to blame me, that would leave us to only accomplish 1 kill during the night which was feasible. Now we killed 2 :)
High Priest of ASS
Anarion
The White Lion

#145 Post by Anarion »

Well done . I had a pretty good idea I would be first one killed regardless of who the assassins were. Of course, when it came true I knew immediately that it had to be Shandiar who did it. :lol:

Corvych and Shiadrych were my supposed enemies so I would have been out for Shandiar anyway, and well I rarely trust Andy. :P

RK, can I get some bonus armor for next time so I can live through the first night?
Never moon a werewolf.
Shandiar

#146 Post by Shandiar »

There was a reason I had to kill you first :P besides that's what everyone else would have done, so it didn't discriminate me much :lol:
High Priest of ASS
Uther Di Asturien

#147 Post by Uther Di Asturien »

Well Anarion, as was said first, having been GM before there's really no way to avoid having at least one person trying to kill you during the first night. Maybe you should just kill yourself? Spare us the trouble? :D I doubt that armor will last very long :P
Ambassador of the [url=http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org]Roundtable of Bretonnia[/url]

[quote="EricJ"]You're all (well.. except Raneth) forgetting the age-old dogma: on the internet, all men are men, all women are men, and all children are the FBI.[/quote]
"Brute force with care"
-Luna Guardian
Allerion
Librarian

#148 Post by Allerion »

I lost my ally LLandowyn on the second day
and who's fault was that? :P

(with friends like these....)
Excited for TOW
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#149 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Anarion wrote:RK, can I get some bonus armor for next time so I can live through the first night?
Lets see... I gave you a reroll on the chance to foil the assassination, and forced the assassin into a reroll. It does not get better than that without passive modifiers, I was rather suprised that they succeeded in killing you actually. :)