DaU 10 - The party (game thread)

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

DaU 10 - The party (game thread)

#1 Post by Ruerl Khan »

The late Lord Saleith’s party,

The sun slowly sets over the ocean casting its fiery orange hues over the dying day casting a warm glow over the majestic mansion sitting ontop of a small hill just north of Tor Yvresse, its glow bathes the visitors and the lord of the land alike softly making each elf present smile a moment to enjoy the tranquil atmosphere of the place and the small sounds of the land, the birth calls, the small sounds of the waves upon the shore in the distance. All too soon you feel is the silence interrupted by a violent cough by your host, Lord Saleith, he wipes his mouth with a hankerchief wich turns out to be bloodied, the rumours about his imminent death appears to be true. Shaking visible he slowly rises to address you all, wheezing ever so slightly,

”I have called you here to this mansion, because…” another violent cough interrupts him, oh get on with it you old goat! because you… are all kin, some of you very distant, some of you not… And I have gathered you here, to find out who amongst you, are worthy to be my successor… You are here because you are the most ambitious, skilled, ruthless, noble and worthy of my many relatives, each and every one of you have stepped over others to get here, you have ruined lives in your political workings, and… He smiles, and stands up tall drawing the sword hanging by his side, the ancient mark of the house, the mark of a prince of ulthuan each and every one of you would like to earn this… to join the real nobility, to enter the real politics… We shall see… Who has the merit…

With that he puts the sword back into his sheath and walks around the room, -who amongst you shall inherit Lord Saleith’s mansion and the title of prince? You are…

Aerych Glimmervale (NoOodle): A distant relative from far off Naggarythe, he is known to be quite a skilled archer and owns a tannery wich produces some modest wealth. He is known to be an outspoken man with blunt opinions, but also an honest man.

Shiadril Gloamingmist (Prince_Asuryan): This lady is renowned for her beauty rapid rise in the social circles, perhaps through the contacts from the beauty parlor that she owns, or her involvement with the temple of Isha whom she has had a long standing open coorporation with.

Layjith Highvale (The Darkness): This man is a distant relative from Lothern, where he owns a large bakery, he is known to be stammering and easedly intimidated, yet at the same time he is also a highly successfull merchant and is probably the guest with the largest income.

Ishneia Highvale (cidracin): The sister of Layjith Highvale is quite his opposite, she is known to be brash, tempramental and not easedly cowed, unlike Layjith she does not have a large income, mainly due to that she donated her share of their inheritance from their (now long dead) father to the temple of Isha in Tor Yvresse, she makes her living as an artist and sculptur of works that is as tempramental as herself.

Kerion Morningsun (Allerion): The most martial of the guests Kerion carries himself with a veteran seaguards soft effective movements, his eyes always sharp a legacy of the many wars he have fought in. The last war he was in left him blind on his right eye and he is still recovering. He lives off the payments he recieves as a sea master.

Thir Greenleaf (Prince Elileth): From the realm of Saphery, this man is known to be a conjurer working mostly with repairing warding spells and is known to be one of the instructors who makes sure that the fields of Saphery is constantly tended through the work of the apprentices.

Moryth Shimmermist (Paraicj):
This proud, tall and strong noble is from the lofty passas of Caledor, while he is yet to prove himself in battle, no one doubt that this princeling is a mighty warrior indeed, only thing people wonder is why in Morai-Heg’s name that a princeling from Caledor seeks to inherit an estate in Yvresse!

Mirienar D’nyss (Khar):
Standing somewhat below the average height of an Asur, but strongly tanned and muscled Mirienar is known to be a good heart, albeit very tempramental, he is also known to be amongst the very best goldsmiths in Tor Yvresse and would have a large fortune by now had he not been such a generous soul towards the shrine of Asuryan.

Hylar Sureshot (Illidan Hellforge):
This lithe, almost thin hawkish man with sharp blue eyes are a renowned hunter and a part of the scouts patrolling the lands north of Tor Yvresse, he is known to be quite brave and his life have been the subjects of a few songs, they are often conflicting with each other though, some claiming his incredible bravery, others telling of his success with the ladies and some claiming its not the ladies he’s after at all.

Hjorych (Andruillius):
This tall, strongly muscled man is the distant nephew to Lord Saleith, while young he appears to have some prowess with the blade and great things are expected from him once he enters the guard, rumours are that he is postponing his millitary service while trying to get the inheritance, a way to secure a better post in the millitary.

...and I will leave it to YOU to decide who amongst you shall be my heir... with that the lord of the manor smiles sardonically and leaves you to your discussions.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

Re: DaU 10 - The party (game thread)

#2 Post by Ruerl Khan »

It is now day, it will remain day for the next 48 hours. You should all have recieved your character descriptions per PM now. PM me if there is any issues.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Allerion
Librarian

#3 Post by Allerion »

Ah, i do love family gatherings. its a shame they rarely happen, and always under such... strained... circumstances. (pours self glass of wine, begins to stare at it)

I do believe its time to catch up, since it has been some time since weve all been together. As you all see, the recent actions of the sea guard have not been kind to me, but i suppose it was time to retire anyway. (takes a swig of wine) I felt i might have been too old to serve to my fullest capability, but the decision to retire was made for me. Layjith, again i must thank you for taking me in for a bit while i fully recovered. it is always nice to see family. anyway, what have the rest of you been up to?
Excited for TOW
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#4 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

From the seat she was perched upon, Shiadril Gloamingmist gave a brilliant smile, looking at each of the guests in turn, her gaze lingering briefly on the men in the room.

'I regret to see you in such ill health Lord Saleith... the rumors are true then?' She shook her head sadly, 'I shall have the Priestesses at the temple pray for you to Isha.'

She turned back to the assembled elves,

'As for who should become the good lords heir, how are we to decide?'
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
The Darkness

#5 Post by The Darkness »

Layjith looked around the table at everyone, smiling as they saw him looking. Pooring himself a glass of the wine before him he took a hearty swig. His eyes then rested upon Shiadril Gloamingmist and he stared longingly at her. Turning back to the group he spoke.

"Well I hear that voting is always a great way for elves such as us to decide on these matters. Or we could have a contest or game of some sort. Maybe there is some sort of official way to do it. Generally this isn't the sort of thing we deal with at my bakery."
[b]Azazel Fellmane, The Black Pearl of Anar[/b]
[b]Champion of Oblivion[/b]
[b]Fashion Guru of Chaos[/b]
Elven Skins Flayed: 240
36/4/4

[b][u]The Confused Barbarian... Lost in the the seas near Lustria.[/u][/b]
Andruillius
The Fool

#6 Post by Andruillius »

"I don't see how there can be disagreement about the true heir of Lord Saleith. I am the child of his brother, whereas your line to Saleith can hardly be traced." Hjorych, clad in a simple tunic and linen pants, looked skeptically at the other elves gathered. "I am much disappointed with the lack of trust from my uncle, especially when seeing what he has put me up against. Who here has the slightest chance of beating me in honest combat? Is there anyone, but myself, who can defend the martial honour of the House of Saleith?" The muscular elf rested one hand on the hilt of his sheathed sword.

"I will not do any such thing as participate in some election of a position that belongs to me by blood. If you do not have the decency of declining this unjust opportunity offered to you, I suggest you fight me now. For sooner or later, I will see you all dead if you do not give me what is mine."
[quote="Ruerl Khan"]What Andy said, he's clearly a cassanova with experience in the field and I wish I had his imagination when it comes to being romantic.[/quote]
[quote="Raneth"]
The answer to your troubles is clear: be sexy and cool like Andy 8)[/quote]
Allerion
Librarian

#7 Post by Allerion »

Hjorych, just because you might be the closest relative does not make you fit to rule. In my eyes you have acted with great immaturity, which makes me question your fitness to rule. we must elect one that is ready for it. If Saleith didnt come out and name you as the heir since you are the closest relative, there must be a reason for it.

(rests hand not containing wine glass on pommel)

as for defeating me in combat, i find it laughable that a whelp like you thinks they could defeat me in combat. There is a reason i rose to the rank of Seamaster in the Guard. What is your rank? Oh yes, thats right, you find it more worthwhile to gain trivial things, and therefore have not even joined the guard yet. You have not been on the receiving end of a charge by thousands of norsemen, knights who worship the four powers, or under barrage from a battery of Reapers. your "combat" experience has come in the form of training. while worthwhile, it does not compare to the actual thing. so my dear Hjorych, do not propose to do what you cannot. for though i have been crippled, my sword arm is still very strong, mind very keen, and sword sharp.

Hjorych, go into the Guard. If you survive, you will have matured enough to fully handle the tasks of running a house such as this. But as you are, you are not ready.

(takes a drink, and refills glass)

on a lighter note, i do believe a vote is appropriate for this sort of matter. though a game would be fun. "pin the tail on the durchii" was always a favorite during my days in the Guard, though adequate materials were hard to come by, and i doubt it is a good method for choosing Saleith's replacement. so yes, a vote seems appropriate.

(takes another sip of wine)

Ah, saphery make excellent wine, and this particular bottle seems to be a particularly fine vintage. But i suppose Thir would would know more about saphery's wines than i. which reminds me, how goes the farming there?
Excited for TOW
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#8 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

'Combat is such a... manly way of deciding it, and hardly fair to those of use who have not had the martial training.' Shiadril looked at Hjorych. 'You are the closest relative, so the fact you were not selected means you are far from good form for the role of heir.' She laughed lightly, 'though I must say, your martial training has put you in very fine physical form...'

She looked away again,

'One such as myself though, a friend of the temple of Isha would be deserving of the role - naturally, so I may further the gifts presented to the Goddess.'
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
NoOoDLe

#9 Post by NoOoDLe »

"Spoken as a true Druchii, Hjorych." Aerych said, breaking his silence. "There is a reason your uncle doubts you. Which is that you seem totally incapable of actually being in charge. Maybe you should see it as a test?" He suggested, lightly and without too much confidence in Hjorych.

He turned to Lord Saleith.

"Sorry to see you leave.. We'll make sure a fit successor will come forth." He spoke to the dying man.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Paraicj

#10 Post by Paraicj »

Moryth Shimmermist stands, golden haired and toweringly tall, a breadth to his shoulders that bespeaks strength. His bearing is proud, arrogant even, and his robe well-adorned. His smile is slight, his eyes bright with anticipation. They lock onto Hjorych first.

"Combat, you say? Perhaps I could give some satisfaction, Hjorych.

Lord Saleith clearly doubts your abilities to rule since he has not handed you the Estates, despite yout close kinship. Insulting, really. He is willing to ignore your blood in place of a better ruler. A brave man indeed to be so considerate. He seems to see you as unable to rule, since he has decided to forego the usual method of handing down through birthright. How embarrassing for you.

I have come a long way to be considered here. I was injured quite badly on the way, losing my retainers in a cowardly attack, perhaps a design of somebody here to stop me coming and claiming this inheritence. I am currently convalescing, but even so I doubt you would last long against my blade. It is known that Caledor is the home of true warriors. A butcher you may be, but that will avail you little.

But, the lady has a point. While I could allow you all a chance against me and kill you all for my place here, it seems wasteful. We are all, as our Lord has mentioned, driven and dangerous people, of some political influence in our own ways, and I fear Ulthuan would miss your presence were I to send you to the halls of the dead one by one on the field.

My kinship to our Lord is distant, but as a 3rd sone of a Prince, my inheritence at home is slight. I know none of you have met me before, but that matters little. I would rather take a shorter step to more power, and am unrelentant to say so. All of you who cede the position to me will be greatly rewarded. Money, I do not need, I have mounds of the stuff. I require prestige and advancement. And I will have it. I intend to not stay here when I inheret, so I will give positions of importance here to those who side with me. In years to come, I will be a major player in Ulthuan politics, and I will remember those who help me. And, of course, those who do not."
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg11hc95.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/mora3q5k.gif[/img]
[i]Dread Lord Zakhital Goremane the Incompetent, 181 kills 5/22/11
[color=red][b]Vaul's Vengeful Villain[/b][/color]
[url=http://img3.abload.de/img/paraicamonueiq.jpg]Paraicamon, I choose you![/url][/i]
Illidan Hellforge

#11 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Hylar listened intently to the others, carefully taking a sip of his wine every now and then. At the mention of Isha a light smile played on his lips, and as he noticed Layjith ogle at Shiadril he chuckled.

"Do not forget my friend, it may be distant but she is still a relative." Hylar spoke softly, as to not disturb the larger conversation going on, and he gave Layjith a wink.

"To see such friendly banter turn into talk of superiority, and stoop even as low as to calling one's behaviour similar to a Druchii, is rather a pity. Surely as family members we can keep things civilised, unlike our darker kin who would most likely be plotting to poison each other by now." He said, his brows furrowing slightly to further stress the need to keep it civil. His face then turned brighter and with a rather joyous tone he continued to speak.

"As for myself, I am a renowned hunter and a scout north of Tor Yvresse. My deeds have been brave to such an extent some of you might have already heard my name in the tales of bards. The inheritance does not matter much to me, but I do wish that it would fall in the hands of one who deserves it in my eyes. We'll have plenty of time to get acquainted fortunately, so time will tell."

Hylar leaned back in his chair and took another sip of wine, looking to each of his family members for a moment and giving a friendly nod and gentle smile where his eyes met those of another.
[size=75]Illidan:I can't do anything about it! It's a proven fact that men think of sex at least every 20 seconds. >_>
Mel'Reyna: hehe
Mel'Reyna:i only think about it every 21 seconds
Mel'Reyna: :D[/size]
Khar

#12 Post by Khar »

Mirienar looked at whole family gathering with a smile, that with some degree of optimism could be percieved as honest.
"Ah, It's wonderful to finally see all of us in one place. Quite sad though is the reason why we had to meet... And what are you doing? Arguing in presence of our dear lord, despite his poor health.
The idea of meeting like this puzzles me though... To see all of us one last time, that I could understand, but make us to choose his heir by ourselves? Only more arguing and, who knows, maybe violence may come from it. What we need is a leader not thinking only about himself. Like in: Someone who doesn't put himself on leadership position. So, yes, as far as my oppinion goes - every single one of those who declared wanting this title is ruled out.

We have plenty of time, though, and i'm sure that we'll manage to select just leader. I'll do my best to make it happen, at least, and I'm sure that in heart all of you want common good. We're family, after all."
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/campaignpegl.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/lm2zv7n.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw2bntl.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg6fohh.gif[/img]
Paraicj

#13 Post by Paraicj »

"Leader? I was under the impression we were here for an inheritence. Your words make no sense. Even if there was some sort of leadership involved, who wants a leader who does not wish to lead? Our dear Lord invited us hear, by his own admission, so he could find out who deserves his inheritence. Discussing it can hardly be seen as rude or uncouth in such circumstances can it?

A strange introduction indeed."
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg11hc95.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/mora3q5k.gif[/img]
[url=http://img3.abload.de/img/paraicamonueiq.jpg]Paraicamon, I choose you![/url][/i]
The Darkness

#14 Post by The Darkness »

"Aye, what need is there for a leader in a business transaction and business is something I excel at. However skilled some of you may be in battle that is nothing like what it takes to make a profit so I don't see why you would be as suitable as you claim. I on the other hand like a few of the others have experience in this dealings and the knowledge to use this inheritence efficiently. If he's going to pick someone to inherent his wealth surely it will be one who knows how to use money."

Taking another drink of his wine he looked around again.

"But as you've said we have plenty of time to discuss and work this out so we might aswell try and do it withut bloodshed and fighting amongst ourselves."
36/4/4

Illidan Hellforge

#15 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

"Pray tell me Layjith, why is lining your pockets a better cause for the inheritance then say, donating it to Isha or Asuryan, as some family members are likely to do?" He said and gestured towards Shiadril and Mirienar

"For I personally see no gain for myself or others if you'd just get that much wealthier from this situation. Shiadril or Mirienar might have a higher and selfless cause for it however, and at this time I'm more obliged to follow that example." He said and paused, looking at everyone before continuing.

"You might dismiss Mirienar's idea for a vote so easily now, but it certainly has a good base. Perhaps not a leader, but voting as a form of democracy. Whereas everyone seems to have their own speciality, the best weapon we have in here to convince each other are our words. I believe the best way to come to a conclusion to all this is to gain an agreeing majority on the matter, or even as far as an unanimous decision. The latter seems like an impossible task however as there are those in this room who solely want this for themselves." He took a sip of his wine, looking intently towards the eyes that held a hunger to claim the inheritance for their own betterment.

"If one way or another a majority manages to agree on a certain elf getting the inheritance, the remaining few will honourably resign from their want for the inheritance. How does that sound to all of you? You can all squabble as much as you want, but with boast and threat the only thing you will accomplish is to turn your family members away from your cause."
[size=75]Illidan:I can't do anything about it! It's a proven fact that men think of sex at least every 20 seconds. >_>
Allerion
Librarian

#16 Post by Allerion »

My dear Moryth, we are here to choose a successor to Saleith, not mearly choose a benefactor to his wealth. And if you dont mind, ive heard youre fairly competent with a blade, and id like to see how my skills compare to yours in a friendly spar after were done with deciding who to succeed Saleith. Once youve fully recovered, of course.

Mirienar, i have a suspicion that Saleith wanted to have a bit of fun with us before he died. either that or he just couldnt decide.

(drinks entire glass this time, and while pouring self another begins to speak again)

Yes, Layjith, choosing one who could properly handle Saleiths estate would be wise. it would be a shame if the land holdings became shambles, a shame on our family, for letting our personal goals getting in the way of the good ulthuan, and the elves who live on the families land.

(stares deeply into the glass of wine, brow becoming creased)

That is why we CANNOT give the inheritance to the temples of Isha or Asuryan, Hylar. We must put it back into the land holdings. Giving it to Isha or Asuryan would not benefit the family's holdings in any way. A waste, you might say.

(sits in one of those big comfy chairs that always seem to adorn mansions, takes another sip of wine)

hm, good stuff.
Excited for TOW
cidracin

#17 Post by cidracin »

Ishneia Highvale finished her wine and set her glass down. She is fair and possesed of a will and spirit that is rival of any man. Her gaze is set on the seamaster.
"Kerion you see giving money to the Temple as a waste? The Temple survives on the charity of the people of Ulthuan. The heir to the estate will have have much wealth and they would be greedy and stingy to not give something back to the Temples of this land. I am only a modest artist and have no great wealth and I gave my inheritance to the Temple of Isha in Tor Yvresse."

Ishneia turned her powerful gaze onto the Caledorian and her colour was rising. "Moryth you have come far from your homeland in pursuit of this inheritence but part of the ineritance is to take up the Lord's leadership and not just his title and sword. If you would merely take the Lord's sword and his title of prince then return then leave this place. Only an arrogant princeling would assume that he could buy his way to the rank of Prince. I will not be swayed by your money or your promises of power. I say you do not deserve the Lord's inheritance and you should return to Caledor immediatly."
Cidracin Greyrider 12/14/3
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#18 Post by Ruerl Khan »

*one of the servants enter carrying refreshments and pours wine in the glasses, before moving back to a corner to stand silently, waiting for any guest to need anything*

ooc:
Remember, it becomes night at 24.00 midnight danish time, that is in 6 hours and 30 minutes.
Prince Elileth

#19 Post by Prince Elileth »

We are all civilized creatures are we not? Why not settle this in the most civilized way possible then. There is a time for violence and this surely is not it. No, I feel this requires a more delicate touch, perhaps one you do not possess oh great prince of Caledor.

To let this estate crumble to dust in the name of Isha would be a waste. While it is true the temple relies on the generosity of Ulthuan, even generosity has limits. The estate should go to someone who will look after it and keep the family name alive. If it does not then why have we even gathered here? It is clearly Lord Saleith's wish that his successor not be a merchant merely interested in selling everything for profit but someone who will continue the noble tradition of this house hold. While our host clearly believes we all fit this description, I digress. Instead I believe only a hand full of us understand what it would mean to be named the successor to this estate while the rest have come simply seeking fame and fortune for themselves. Now we must choose one from that group to be named successor. Unfortunately I fear that will not be as easy as it sounds.
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/lmgwwzj.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg3-2iu34.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/lodek0wn.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/campaignpegl.gif[/img]
ANDRUILLIUS IS A GREAT AND NOBLE MEMBER OF THIS BOARD. HE IS GOODNESS. HE IS LIGHT.
Allerion
Librarian

#20 Post by Allerion »

(Kerion picks up another glass of wine, now having one in each hand)

Ishneia, the wealth could be used better elsewhere. Our family gains nothing by giving its wealth away. A modest donation is quite acceptable, but giving the entire inheritance away is quite foolish.

(Kerion drains both glasses, and sets them down. By this time, his speech has become slurred, his reactions slow, and head keeps drooping.)
Excited for TOW
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#21 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

'Thir, Kerion, I would not dream to insult your great intelligence, but you do insult mine. Do you think me so dim that I would donate so much money to the temple that I would allow the estates to fall to disrepair. Naturally I would not. I would ut as much money as was needed into the estate to maintain and increase it, while giving the remainder to the temple.'

'Do not think me a fool, just because I am a woman. I have my own business elsewhere, and I know how to care for an estate. Tough naturally, I would need a strong man to help me.'
cidracin

#22 Post by cidracin »

" I agree with Shiadril that the men here should not underestimate the women here for the Lord invited us both here to be legiimate heiresses. I would suggest that Seamaster not be allowed anymore wine as it appears to already dimmed his wit and affected his judgement." Ishneia herself had only had a couple of glasses of wine to prevent the wine from clouding her thoughts.
Cidracin Greyrider 12/14/3
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
NoOoDLe

#23 Post by NoOoDLe »

Aerych listened carefully. He never liked politics but he was better to keep his eyes open in this one.

"Isn't it a better idea to let the idiots that want to fight over the spot fight it out and the other to consider talking in a less violence ridden manner?" He suggested, careless towards anyone who would take offence.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Illidan Hellforge

#24 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Hylar chuckled as he heard Shiadril. "Am I mistaken or were you just proposing an offer there dear?" he spoke with a curious gleam in his eyes, his comment aimed towards the fact of her needing a strong man. "By my estimate you wouldn't have a problem with that one." He continued, and with a slight smirk he took another sip of wine.

"Indeed though, women can be very powerful assets when it comes to running a business. Where the mindset most definitely differs it is certainly not lesser to that of a man.

And of course, giving the estate and inheritance as a whole would be folly. Letting it thrive as a business however, and donating the wealth gained from it sounds rather noble to me. More noble than just wanting the prince title to parade around with back in Caledor, to name an example. For surely an elf of your heritage would prefer to earn such a title?"
Hylar said and perked a brow.

Hylar then snickered as he heard Ishneia and saw Kerion ready to fall asleep. "I say let him, the less sober he is the easier to convince. Although I must say he manages to get drunk swiftly for an elf, even if he did in fact have more than the rest of us." He said, rubbing his chin as he pondered.
Paraicj

#25 Post by Paraicj »

"Ishneia, if I gain this inheritence, I will leave for Lothern. As a rince of the realm, this would be expected of me. Do the rest of you not understand this? Our Lord is no mere provincial, to run an estate like a glorified farmer. He is a Prince, and his life is a cosmoplitan one. By right he is an advisor to the Phoenix Crown. Whoever is chosen as heir will be leaving the estates to others to run. I merely make it clear that I will offer those posts to those here who give me the title of Lord following the tragic death of our Lord.

I will not return to Caledor to see somebody besmirch the family name by becoming an estate manager. Or to give away most of the family wealth to our already wealthy Temples. That would be an unworthy thing for me to do.

Kerion, I am still lamentably stiff, but once this is all sorted, some sparring might be in order to get me back in shape. I will try not to hurt you too badly."
Allerion
Librarian

#26 Post by Allerion »

(Kerion, without opening his eyes, raised an eyebrow, and began speaking in as close to a matter-of-fact-ly tone as he could muster)

We in ... the Guard have learn...ed to not underestimate our... better halves. We have gotten... used to fully relying on... women to run our holdings when... we ... are away. In some ways... they are.... more capable than men...

(small pause)

Moryth... im looking forward ... to it

(small pause)

Shiadril, i am... deeply sorry for offending... you, t'was not my... intent.

(and with that, Kerion seemingly fell asleep for the night)
Excited for TOW
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#27 Post by Ruerl Khan »

The waiter politedly rings a small silver bell, interrupting your conversation,

Lord Saleith informs me that it is time for us all to retire for the night, the rooms have been prepared for you.

OOC:
It is now night those of you who have, and wish to, use your special abilities PM me, the rest of you: Quiet time.

Due to the delays in previous DaU's there is a limit to how long time you get to use your abilities: Daytime will resume tommorrow at 24.00, wether you have used your special abilities or not. (I reckommend you do, otherwise someone else might do it to you. hint, hint.)
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#28 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Day 2
The sparrows fly elegantly singing joyfully outside the mansion as it slowly wakes up, being bathed in the soft golden hues of the sun as the guests assemble, several look somewhat tired and around outside as the guests slowly arrive at the table, some looking like they slept well, others well... not so much...

As you sit at the table you nothice the waiters bickering amongst themselves, "Have you heard it? Yes Hjorych... he is into... goats..." the staff quickly silences itself however and stops talking about what they heard as the lord of the manor approaches the table where you all, except one, sit.

Lord Saleith coughs, where is Shiadril Gloamingmist? Pray tell me, for I invited ten guests here, and I see but nine present! you look upon each other with a frown before getting up, and collectivedly going to get the late guest, as you get to her room you find it slightly open, a waiter screams and faints, for inside lying in a macabre position as if she was pleasuring herself, lies Shiadril bluish marks on her necks reveals that she has been strangled to death...

One of you is a murderer! Find the guilty! Execute the murderer!
the lord of the manor bellows, none of you leave till we have found the murderer! Find the guilty, execute him or her and come return to finding the heir afterwards! with that he is interrupted by a violent coughing before glaring at you, leaving you to your grissly work of determinding who amongst you shall be executed by the others.

OOC note:
You have 48 hours to decide, after the 48 hours i'll execute whoever have the most votes on him/her, if two people have the equeal amount of votes then both will get executed.

Also:
Shiadril Gloamingmist (Prince_Asuryan) is very very dead, she was a... somewhat maybe innocent... perhaps. Just like the rest of you.
NoOoDLe

#29 Post by NoOoDLe »

Aerych wasn't too impressed by the corpse. Considering he had been attacked as well that night.

"Well.. This night I found myself assaulted by the lovely lady of the temple of Isha. Ishneia Highvale, have you killed Shiadrill after trying me?" He said, blunt as ever.
The Darkness

#30 Post by The Darkness »

"Oh my... the poor gal. It seems someone thought violence was a necessary means to determine who would get the inheritance." Layjith turned away from the body and looked at Aerych who had just spoken. "Really, shouldn't we do something about the poor things body rather than leaving it here for us to stare at? There will be time for accusations later unless you feel standing around the body will bring about some revelation from the guilty body."

Layjith waited for a moment before he spoke again. "As for you my sister it seems you have some serious explaining to do. Why would you attack Aerych here when he has done nothing to you."
36/4/4