Help me make a campaign.

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Telephalsion

Help me make a campaign.

#1 Post by Telephalsion »

I'm currently planning a tabletop RP campaign for a Swedish-made system called "Eon", by Neogames. It's a fantasy RPG and it allows for a lot of creativity for the game master.

If you feel up for it, I'd love to receive some feedback and help from you guys. I would ask my gaming group, but that would spoil the adventure for them.

I'm planing to have my characters travel to a New World, where they will adventure amongst the damp jungles and make friends or foes with Aztecs, Lizardmen and other thematic groups.
Points of Interest are that the Aztecs won't be tribal and unadvanced, but rather in a society very similar in both structure and technology to 17th century europe, with Rapiers and such.

So far I've got three Chapters or Acts roughly sketched out:
1. The preparation - Basically making characters, getting gear and receiving all the information they need to start the campaign. Thinking of putting in a murder-investigation here to spice it up a bit.
2. The journey - Mainly played out on the ship they'll be travelling on, might contain pirates, scurvy, storms and perhaps a ghost ship.
3. The arrival - My rough plan is to have them arrive a hair away from being shipwrecked, and thrown headfirst into a land based battle with the locals. After the battle this part would mainly circle around getting their landing zone safe, securing food and shelter and such.
4. The Jungle - Haven't planned this so much yet, although I plan on having a Mayan/Aztec civilization in the Jungle, which will allow for some interesting interactions. Perhaps have the Characters aid the Aztecs in their war against the Insect-People.

I haven't been a GM before, so any tips will be greatly appriciated. :)
If anyone knows a good program or method for making maps aside from tracing other maps, please share.
~ [i]Lady Neruneya the Radiant [/i] ~
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Milliardo/Avatars%20and%20Sigs/MageKnightGuildLogoColouredh.jpg[/img]