Tumbling in Tilea - Sign-up Thread/OOC Thread - POST NOW!

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Andruillius
The Fool

Tumbling in Tilea - Sign-up Thread/OOC Thread - POST NOW!

#1 Post by Andruillius »

Prelude - The Escape

The narrow streets of Pavona were crowded with Pavonians on their way to different workshops and markets where they worked and purchased their goods. The winds which had ravaged the west coasts of Tilea were ruffling the hair of the commoners, though now only as whispers of what they had been. The weather was clear: It was early summer, the blessed time when the rainy spring was over and the temperature was comfortable. The streets were still clean of the dust and filth that would later gather and make the nobles praise themselves for being so clever as to build bridges over the sand-coloured stone houses, letting them travel quick and easily through the city.

Andrissano Navioro was one of these nobles. He strode quickly on the stone floor, barely noticing the few people passing him and, to these aristocrats’ great insult, only barely gave them a quick nod as a hello. Such a lack of manners would have cost him dearly if he had been a part of The Game, but Navioro was barely known in Pavona. It had been a long time since he had last set his foot inside the city of white bridges and three store buildings. Indeed his house had been empty for many years, but he knew the bridges as well as anyone. He was not going to stay this time, either.

After half an hour of walking, Andrissano stopped and started descending down one of the steep stairs leading down to the ground level. The salesmen who noticed this old man coming down to their world looked up, stopping in their work to see if the noble was intending to do any purchases. But when he passed them in great speed without even looking at their merchandise, they turned their heads and minds back to the customers in front of them, bargaining with little enthusiasm. The old man turned left, then right and passed another market before he finally reached his destination: The biggest prison in Pavona, the Cage of St. Messerini.

Instead of walking through the main entrance, as any other person dubious enough to have business in the prison would do, Andrissano turned and passed the left corner of the big, dark building. On the prison’s sides there were ditches, which were made to let a little light come through small windows down to the prisoners in the bottom cells. With a quick jump Andrissano was down in it and crouched, listening intently to hear if anyone had spotted him and was coming his way. After three minutes of silence, Andrissano started searching the wall with his fingers. Quickly they ran over the stones, giving each one a small push. Finally, he found it: As he pushed a large, slimey rock, it yielded and a faint click could be heard. A hole appeared under Andrissano’s feet, and the old man fell down on a floor one meter under the level of the ditch. Immediately the roof closed above him, and he could hear another click as the stone he had pushed, returned to its place.

In front of him was another dark stone wall, and again Andrissano started searching it with his fingers. This time it took him a little time to find the right stone – his memory of this place was faint, he thought to himself – but eventually he found it. As the stone clicked, the old man fell yet again – but this time into a room containing a group of very surprised prisoners. In the gloomy light they saw a figure enter the room, seemingly coming through the wall. Before they could open their mouths to express their surprise, a low, but clear male voice started speaking.

“Why I am here, who I am and what journey you are about to embark upon are answers you will get later. Right now only this is important.” Andrissano looked at the captives, criminals whom were sentenced to death for different reasons. He spoke with a stern voice, and gave the prisoners no time to ask questions. Andrissano started walking back and forth.

“The door you can see in front of you is locked. However it can easily be picked, and I have just the right tool for it.” “When you open the door, two guards will immediately attack you – or run to call for help. If I were you, I would suggest you secure that the first possibility occurs. It may cost you dearly – but then your lives are not worth much anyhow. When you have killed the guards, run to the room near the great stone stairs leading up to the ground floor. There you should find at least a few weapons, which you will need to get past the soldiers in the room above. As you exit the stairs, run as fast as you can through the hall before the main entrance is blocked. Speed will be the key to success. If you are lucky, more than half of you will survive.” Stopping, Andrissano threw the dirk he had been holding his hand at one of the prisoners, who eagerly started to unlock the iron cuffs on his hands. The prisoner quickly stopped, however, when Andrissano show the prisoners to finely crafted pistols.

“Those of you who get this far should seek the dark, hidden places of this city. It is rare that anyone successfully escapes the Cage of St. Messerini – especially from the darkest dungeon in the whole prison.” Then, before midnight, come to the House of Navioro. Time is not on our side, and we cannot afford to still be in Pavona at this time tomorrow.” That would be my death.

“Now you know what to do. Questions will be answered later, if you still live the next time we meet. Good luck.”
Andrissano suddenly whirled around, kicking up dust and sand from the ground and completely blinding the prisoners. As they regained their sight, the old man was gone.

Alright guys, it’s my turn to try getting an RPG going.

The SPAM-system will be used, and Illidan has already been threatened to help me :P ;). The guide can be found here. Like in Illidan's RPG, 1 point in Physical equals 3 wounds.
However I will also use my GM powers as I see fit, and no one is immortal. Good roleplaying will be rewarded, power play will be punished. NoOodle is banned from entering the RPG. You have 12 points to spend on skills, otherwise the normal SPAM-limits apply. There are also a number of limitations, see below. The first person to post gets to choose (so the first guy who wants to be a wizard, is the wizard).

Time: Pre – Storm of Chaos.
Place: Pavona, Tilea.

Limitations:
- Maximum 7 players.
- Allowed races: Humans (excluding any Chaos affiliations), Elves (but not Asrai or Druchii, High Elves and “grey elves” only), dwarfs and halflings.
- Maximum 2 elf characters (yeah, it’s an elf site, but I don’t want my RPG crowded with pointy ears).
- Maximum 2 dwarf characters.
- Maximum 1 halfling character.

- Maximum 1 wizard character, which can be no better than an apprentice.
- Otherwise you’re pretty much free to go!

Please write why your character has been sentenced to death by the Pavonian court in your fluff. It may be used later in the RPG. Also, since you're in a dungeon on a death row, you start with no gear, only some dirty clothes. So don't spend your SPAM points on items!

Any questions can be PMed, but I’ll be gone till next Saturday.

Hope to see YOU in my RPG!

EDITed in some answers to questions below.
Last edited by Andruillius on Sat May 02, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[quote="Ruerl Khan"]What Andy said, he's clearly a cassanova with experience in the field and I wish I had his imagination when it comes to being romantic.[/quote]
[quote="Raneth"]
The answer to your troubles is clear: be sexy and cool like Andy 8)[/quote]
Elrond DoomSong

#2 Post by Elrond DoomSong »

I may join, however it'll be limited. Character coming soon.
Illidan Hellforge

Re: Tumbling in Tilea - Sign-up Thread

#3 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Andruillius wrote:The SPAM-system will be used, and Illidan has already been threatened to help me :P ;).
I won't help if I'm not participating so I give myself the privilege to reserve a spot. (character will come soon enough though, at least before your return from Cyprus). ;)

I'll take a non-wizard human though so the options are still open for everyone.

I'd recommend the GM's choice over first come first served btw, it prevents the option of a hastily written wizard to get the wizard category for example.

That way you'll know you'll have good quality players if you pick them yourself and people will think twice before writing hastily to get the last spot in a category. :)
[size=75]Illidan:I can't do anything about it! It's a proven fact that men think of sex at least every 20 seconds. >_>
Mel'Reyna: hehe
Mel'Reyna:i only think about it every 21 seconds
Mel'Reyna: :D[/size]
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#4 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

If it's ok with you, I'll take the wizard spot. Never tried a wizard in an RPG. I'll keep it a human to avoid taking spots.

Name: Matthias Krieger

Race: Human Wizard

Colour of Magic: Fire

Appearance: Matthias is garbed in typical wizard traveling wares. A long brown traveling robe, usually bound by a fine golden belt as a mark of his order. Instead, after his hands at a band of robbers, he is reduced to a normal leather belt. Underneath his robes is a leather jerkin and pale breeches. His face is clean shaven and he looks younger than his age would imply.

Physically, Matthias is in good shape, much stronger than a normal wizard, as he has not spent enough time locked in a tower to wither his body. However, 2 years of slavery and lack of real human contact amongst his own people have left him withdrawn and, though he may not admit it, vengeful.

Background: Matthias is an oddity amongst fire mages, lacking the recklessness and ferocity that many of his peers seem to have. Instead, he is cool and calculating, though it does not make his spells any less ferocious.

Born to a wealthy Empire family, Matthias quickly showed an aspiration for Fire magic, after he accidentally set fire to a large portion of Wolfenburg. A mage within the city at the time, Adolphus Weirner, saw the potential of the boy, and, with his fathers blessing blessing to get him out of the house), took him under his wing.

After 10 years within the walls of the Fire tower in Altdorf, Adolpuhs took Matthias out into the Empire, to better practice his skills ready to confront the growing threat from the chaos wastes. However, it was during one of these fateful trips that the two found themselves amongst a band of adventurers in the Grey Mountains. The band did not fare well within the mountain range, and, after several Orc ambushes, Matthias found himself, and two other men to be the only ones left alive, Adolphus left dead on the side of a lonely mountain.

What followed was a two day pursuit in which the 3 men fled from the howling wolfs of the pursuing goblin riders. Eventually, Matthias was left alone, stumbling through the dark until, finally, he found himself at the base of the mountains, alone in Telia. Exhausted and lost, it was not long before he was picked up by one of the many bands of raiders in the land. Soon, he was sold in the slave markets of Pavona, too weak and crushed to use his magic to escape.

Once in slavery, Matthias spent 2 years, biding his time to escape. When that opportunity came, even as his flames melted the shackles that bound him, his master and his son entered the room. Preferring death to being enslaved, a fight ensued in which both the Telians were killed. Unfortunately for Matthias, the city watch was summoned and, outnumbered and weak from the last fight, he could not escape. Charged with attempted escape and the double murder of Telian noble men, Matthias has found himself on death row.
----------------
S.P.A.M

Spirit: 4

Magic: Matthias is a young mage, and therefore knows some of the more basic spells of his order

Flaming Sword - coujouring the flames of his magic, Matthias' weapon, whatever it may be, erupts into flame, it's slightest touch being able to scald - 2(6)

Fireball - Pointing his staff at his foes, Matthias is capable of immolating them in a flaming ball - 2(6)

Physical: 3

Stamina - Having spent his time as a traveling wizard, and not being as frail as some might think, Matthias is able to maintain his pace for longer than you would expect - 1(4)

Agility: 2

Sword-work - as a young noble man, Matthias has had some formal training as a sword fighter, though it has been a long time, preferring to use his magic - 1(3)

Mental: 3

Mage Sight - Matthias is able to percieve the winds of magic as they flow around him. He can see Aqyshe the strongest, but he can also sense the other 7 winds. This allows him to see when some magical occurances are about to occur - 2(5)

Dispel: As a mage, Matthias is able to see the winds of magic as they build, and has rudimentary knowledge of removing their enchantments. Basically, he can stop low level spells, and remove enchantments - 2(5)

Learned - more so than most humans, Matthias has studied the works of poets, mages and scholars, in both his language and his own. Though not very proficient, he can still read some foreign language, and perfect Reikspiel - 2(5)

---------------

Note on magic - I know he should be an apprentice. Hence, he knows only 2 spells. Both work like in normal Warhammer i.e. flaming sword improves the damage he causes in combat with his sword, while fireball will engulf a single target, rather than bunches like a master can do.

Similarly, his dispel will only work on low level spells and enchantments, while he can detect high levels of most winds, medium to high levels of fire, but not low to medium levels of other winds.

If you think this is over powered, please say, and I will change accordingly.
Illidan wrote: I'd recommend the GM's choice over first come first served btw, it prevents the option of a hastily written wizard to get the wizard category for example.
Agreed. Having said that, I did steal the mage slot. But I hope the level of detail etc meets your standards. If not, please let me know.

Cheers.
Last edited by Prince_Asuryan on Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Raukov

#5 Post by Raukov »

I'm interested. I assume, being in a dungeon, we're not going to have any gear to speak of when we start out, and will have to make do with whatever we can scavenge?
[size=75][b]Azreghai Wormkin, Ghöl of the North, Eater of the Dead, Plague-Wight of Onogal[/b]

30/4/5 : 387 kills

[i]Maggot Fetus, rapture of the conqueror worm,
Blackest Venom, the ghost in the carcass womb
Teeth like thorns, carrier of plague and filth
Spine crawler, plague-bearing virus-child[/size][/i]
Falsegods

#6 Post by Falsegods »

If it is okay with you I would like to fill one of the Elven spots in the Party. This is my first time RPing with the SPAM system but I think I know what I am doing. But if you don't what a noob screwing things up I'll understand.

If you are willing to let me try my hand at this my character is listed below, if you have a problem with it or I messed up or did something wrong I would like to hear it so I can fix it.
Name: Cerin Minathi

Race: High Elf (Nagarythe)

Appearance: Like all elves Cerin is lithe and graceful in build. His slight frame belies a body wrought with muscle. He stands nearly a full head taller than most men. His faces carries the hard edge of blighted elves of Nagaryth. His hair is midnight black, shoulder length, and worn unbound down his back. Unusually his eyes are bright jade green, undimmed by nearly two centuries of experience. Beneath his left eye he bears a tattoo of the rune of Senthoi, and beneath that a line of tiny Elven script.

Cerin wears high soft leather boots, plan pants and tunic, and a long two tone black-blue cape, all of fine Eleven make. He wears a silver pendent of Lileath on a fine blue steal chain around his neck.

<He>*

Background: Born in the Blighted lands of Northern Ulthuan, Cerin’s early life was decided for him. The constant fighting of the Nagarythe’s war against the Druchii, did not slow on his account. Before his twentieth summer he was fighting with is kin as a shadow warrior to drive the Druchii out of their shattered realm. Here he served, until Caleliel of Chrace sent a request for Cerin’s father aid in an expedition to Lustria, some five decades after Cerin‘s birth. Cerin and a band of his kin left their ceaseless campaign in the north to honor the call of their cousins.

In Lustria Cerin, and Caleliel became friends. Here after he would follow Caleliel on numerous expeditions all over the world. Visits to the human Empire, Dwarfven keeps, and the Elven ruins in Bretonnia, left him with a knee knowledge of what his race had lost since the days of Aenarion, and Bel Shanaar. His hatred of his Dark brothers as intensified because of this, and one particular visit to Dwarfven hold has left him with little trust for the Dwarves.

After more than century of companionship, he and Caleliel parted ways. Caleliel returned to Ulthuan to honor a oath to the White Tower, while Cerin lead a band of Elves on an ill fated attempt to reclaim some of their lost land near the Estalian port of Copher. The small colony enjoyed a brief period of peace as the Elves set their hands at rebuilding the ruins of an old Elven town Cerin and Caleliel had found some years earlier. However the human powers that governed the area where less than thrilled to have elves on their doorstep, and mustered a force to expel the elves.

Cerin lead a brave but ultimately futile defense of the town. The ancient walls held for five days before the mass of humanity broke the gates, and stormed the town. Raising it to the ground. Cerin mustered all he could to him and cut his way from the conflagration. Less than a score of elves escaped with him, and Cerin was filled with guilt. Blaming himself for the death of his kinsmen. He resolved to himself to get his few remaining elves back to Ulthuan. But the human fearful of Elven retribution, dispatched horseman to hunt him down. One by one his kin where killed, but a terrible cost was exacted from the human horsemen. When Cerin crossed the boarder into he was alone, and haggard after nearly a month on the run. When a Tilean patrol came a cross him as he neared the city of Pavona, he killed two guards thinking they where more huntsmen sent to kill him before he was subdued. The mannish courts had no pity for him and he was thrown into prison with a date set for execution.

----------------
S.P.A.M.

Spirit: 2
Force of Will - Cerin as endured the bitter quality of his homeland, and harshest trails of many other places of the world. He has survived the tragic mistakes and errors of others as well as his own, where many others would have given up he continues. ~ 2 (4)

Physical: 4
Swordsman ~ Cerin has spent three human lifetimes times honing his skill with a blade against some of the most experienced and varied enemies the world has offer. He is able to use any blade with equal ease, having learned many fighting styles on his century of travel. The knowledge of a dozen or more unique fighting methods contribution to his singular style. ~ 2(6)

Close Quarters Fighter ~ Fighting in close to the enemy is nothing new to Cerin. He often fights close to the enemy where long blades and other weapons cannot be brought to bear. He knows how to employ his daggers with ruthless efficiency, as well as his own fists and feet. ~ 2(6)

Tough ~ Cerin slight build hides his strength. Decades of war have hardened his body allowing him a strength and vigor that many a foe has not expected from such a foe, only to their demise. ~ 1(5)

Agility: 3
Archer ~ From his kin he has learned to turn his hand at archery. His Elven sight and veteran hands, allows him to make shots that less races would consider impossible. ~2(5)

Shadow Walker ~ Like all Elves he moves with a serene catlike grace. Cerin’s balance is beyond the realm of more clumsy humanoid races, and he is able to move with a silence that catches many unaware. His unearthly skills at stealth where ruthlessly honed in the constant war against his dark kin. He is able to walk in the shadows past a guard, moving not a hair. Leaving not a trace, nor any betraying flicker of motion in his wake. ~2 (5)

Widely Traveled ~ Cerin has visited many places in the World, he knows quirky bits about dozen of nations and cultures. More importantly he has learned a basic understanding of many languages. ~ 1(4)

*I was unsure as to whether or not we start with our items, or they will become available later. So I thought it best to include this section anyway so that if I need it is there, but if we don't have items it can easily be disregarded.
Last edited by Falsegods on Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k157/Falsegods824/SluggyBlade.jpg[/img]
Elrond DoomSong

#7 Post by Elrond DoomSong »

I reserve a spot as a dwarven character!
Kithail

#8 Post by Kithail »

I reserve a spot as an estalian human "diestro" swashbuckler, give me an hour or so.
http://kithail.mybrute.com
Andruillius
The Fool

#9 Post by Andruillius »

Kiyo and others here raise interesting questions that I knew I forgot to answer last night (yeah, I'm at work right now, so I'll be having a look at this thread every now and then for the next six hours. Then I'm going though, promise.)

Kiyo: Indeed you will start with no gear, and hardly any clothes. So don't spend your SPAM-points on items, folks, cause you won't start with any! I'll edit this into the intro text.

Falsegods: Your character is fine, except that he's very young at the age of 186, and elves (I believe) don't start fighting at the age of twenty. Also, your Swordsman skill is illegal, as you've spent 3 points on it. Other than that, I like it!

Illidan: While I agree that limited characters should be somewhat....limited, it's not something I'm going to change now. Prince Asuryan got there first, so he's the wizard. In the worst case I'll just have the daemons steal your powers and find a new wizard, Prince Asuryan :D

Prince Asuryan: I'm sorry I didn't mention this before, but you'll have to edit your character because of the items. Also, you can have a maximum of two points in each skill, so your fireball is illegal. And could you please explain why your character is condemned to death? The Pavona legal system only executes prisoners when they have done a grave crime (what private persons do with their slaves is a different matter, however...).

Right, six people have signed up already, only one left! I hope you all have your characters written up by next sunday (in 9 days), or I'll leave your spot for someone else. A little patience will have to be required before we can start, because I need to balance the skills. Hopefully this will be an RPG to remember :D.
[quote="Ruerl Khan"]What Andy said, he's clearly a cassanova with experience in the field and I wish I had his imagination when it comes to being romantic.[/quote]
[quote="Raneth"]
NoOoDLe

#10 Post by NoOoDLe »

I would want to join as it sounds awesome.. Although I have the feeling you're not going to allow me :P

If you would I'd be making a High Elf.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Andruillius
The Fool

#11 Post by Andruillius »

Andruillius wrote:...NoOodle is banned from entering the RPG.
Even when you are told to do nothing, you don't do what you're supposed to.
[quote="Raneth"]
NoOoDLe

#12 Post by NoOoDLe »

Andruillius wrote:
Andruillius wrote:...NoOodle is banned from entering the RPG.
Even when you are told to do nothing, you don't do what you're supposed to.
I missed that sentence.. Usually I only read the fluff and look what system is going to be used.

Oh well, you'd biass my rolls anyway :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#13 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Andruillius wrote: Prince Asuryan: I'm sorry I didn't mention this before, but you'll have to edit your character because of the items. Also, you can have a maximum of two points in each skill, so your fireball is illegal. And could you please explain why your character is condemned to death? The Pavona legal system only executes prisoners when they have done a grave crime (what private persons do with their slaves is a different matter, however...).
Thats cool. I'll edit the items out. As for the background, my character killed his master. I guess thats not clear enough.

I'll add a bit to it now.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Kojiro Kakita

#14 Post by Kojiro Kakita »

hmm, is there room for an Estallian duelist. Started playing the WFRP and I am fascinated by that class. Also helps that I just finished watching Alatriste.

Actually, I can't access the character creation how to guide for some reason.
Hour of the Wolf:Lord Relar Sorin, Guardian of Northern Athel Loren, member of the Eternal Guard, and Lord of the Tower of the Eternal Forest.
[img]http://www.woodelves.org/bear.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.believemanga.com][img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/taintedwater/SigBar3.jpg[/img][/url]
Andruillius
The Fool

#15 Post by Andruillius »

Kojiro: I'd prefer it if you were a_Tilean_duellist, seeing as we have an Estalian already. Also, it would be neat with some local knowledge, you might find it...handy ;).

Ask someone to send the rules to you, please, I don't have time to copy the .jpg I'm afraid.

Prince Asuryan: Thanks, much appreciated :)
[quote="Raneth"]
Draknir Reaverblade

#16 Post by Draknir Reaverblade »

Am I allowed to join thy RPG?
[img]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/Draknir/Draknir_sig.png[/img]
Andruillius
The Fool

#17 Post by Andruillius »

Not unless the people who've already joined haven't made their character by Sunday. I've got Lethalis in the extra spot, so at the moment we're full. However there may be room for new characters on the way, depending on bloody things get ;)
[quote="Raneth"]
Draknir Reaverblade

#18 Post by Draknir Reaverblade »

Most interesting. I'll wait then.
Sir Cyris deLonse

#19 Post by Sir Cyris deLonse »

I'm interested in joining, I was wondering when you'd start your own Andrullius...

You seem full already but I'll post my character anyway, its another from an older RPG which never really took off but I did enjoy playing him.

Anyway, hope I can make it.

Name: Vincent Beyer

Height: 6'5"

Appearance:
Vincent sports a rather bushy hairstyle, looking like a type of organized chaos. It is a dark brown in color and it frames his narrow, clean shaven face. He is quite tall and somewhat lanky, though he would call himself 'slim and slender'. Despite his somewhat gangly apperance, he bears a surprising amount of strength.

Background and Reason for Execution:

Vincent hails from the province of Averland, his parents were lower class nobles who enjoyed little influence and power. Despite it being his homeland, he no longer attaches any place with the label of 'home' as many places have served as such during his travels Vincent was raised by one of the most powerful crime syndicates in all of Tilea (how he went from the son of a noble family to a gang is something he speaks little of) but he later abandoned the group for unknown reasons. Apparently, they did not part on the friendliest of terms... Using their disturbing power and reach, the syndicate simply arranged through various networks for Vincent’s arrest and placed him on death row – eager to set an example of Vincent to anyone who would seek to leave the syndicate.

Personality:
Vincent is very laid back and remains calm in even the direst of circumstances. He appears somewhat apathetic - even vague - but when the time comes to work, Vincent is able to achieve a focus that surprises many. He has little respect for authority and is known to approach many situations with a smile and quick wit - and an overwhelming confidence in his own abilities. The past is something Vincent does not speak openly about, he usually dismisses any questions about where he came from or what he has done with a witty quip and a broad smile. However, beneath his veil of charm there lies a soul who is both trying to escape and confront his past.

Skills and Abilities:

Spirit: 3
Charm: Vincent is able to gain the trust and friendship of others quit easily with his witty charms. 2(5)

Martial Artist: Vincent has learnt a large amount of deadly skills using only his body – he claims he learnt them during his travels in Cathay. He is able to make use of this to surprising effect against even armed opponents. His lanky frame cloaks his surprising strength, which catches many foes off guard. 2(5)

Disarm: Using his hand-to-hand skills, Vincent has gained the ability to disarm less skilled opponents with a few key strikes. This levels the playing field for the martial artist. 1(4)

Swordsmen: As he was raised as a young noble in Averland, Vincent has exceptional skill with swords - particularly that of the rapier. His natural speed and quick hands make him a fighter whose speed is his greatest asset. 2(5)

Agility: 4:
Swift: Vincent, with his lithe frame, is an agile and fast moving opponent. Able to use this to great effect by dodging in and out of enemy blows. 2(6)

Marksman: Vincent is quite adept at using a variety of ranged weapons and is exceptionally accurate with them. He prefers a well made pistol to any other alternative though. 2(5)

Mental: 2:
Connected: Dispatch his estrangement from his former masters, Vincent is still a well known figure in the underground circuits of many places; he is able to use these connections to good effect. 1(4)
Last edited by Sir Cyris deLonse on Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/Mel_Reyna/Cyris-sig.jpg[/img]
[i][size=75]If this is all a dream, don't wake me up.[/size][/i]
[quote]Now thats funny. Cyris, I knight you 'Sir Witty for the day'.[/quote]
Andruillius
The Fool

#20 Post by Andruillius »

You're number two in the queue, Cyris. ;)
[quote="Raneth"]
Sir Cyris deLonse

#21 Post by Sir Cyris deLonse »

Works for me, keep Vincent in mind. :D
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/Mel_Reyna/Cyris-sig.jpg[/img]
[i][size=75]If this is all a dream, don't wake me up.[/size][/i]
[quote]Now thats funny. Cyris, I knight you 'Sir Witty for the day'.[/quote]
Falsegods

#22 Post by Falsegods »

Andruillius:
I fixed the Swordsman Skill to be legal, and the his realively young age I feel reflects the nature of the all consuming conflict between the Nagarythe and the Druchii.
[img]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k157/Falsegods824/SluggyBlade.jpg[/img]
Kojiro Kakita

#23 Post by Kojiro Kakita »

So here is the stats for my character, fluff comes later

Name: Ricardo de Isolenna
History: Born as the second son to an impoverished noble family, Ricardo de Isolenna begans his life as a duelist in order to create a name for himself, and if possible, bring glory to his family. However, he soon discovered that the army life was not for him. He did not understand why anyone with an ounce of common sense would want to serve under incompetent leaders who allowed their men to get killed. Once away from the mercenary companies, he went back to his family and used their connections to find work as a sword for hire for local merchants and nobles. As a sword for hire, he earned a reputation in both elite society and the underworld. However, his last job did not work out as well as he wanted. While he killed the nobleman, the nobleman's relatives were not as pleased. Thus he now ended up in his current situation.
Looks Ricardo has brown shoulder length hair that he normally has underneath a hat. About average height in stature, he is a bit broad, and seems to be more quick than strong.

Nationality: Tilean
Profession: Duelist
Stats:
Spirit: 3
Connections: (Spending time as a duelist for hire has allowed for Ricardo to create many connections with both the Elite and the low dregs of society 2(5)
Will Power: 1(4) Being wounded enough times has allowed Ricardo to ignore all but the largest of wounds.
Judge Character: 1 (4) Working with the scum of society, has allowed for Ricardo to have a good judge of character. After all, he wants to know if he has a chance of being betrayed.

Physical 3
Stamina 2(5)

Agility 4
Fencing: Although coming from an impoverished noble family, Ricardo was still trained in the art of fencing. 2(6)
Defensive Reflexes: being in enough duels and bar fights over his life, Ricardo has almost developed a sixth sense when it comes to fighting. Which makes it almost natural for him to be able to parry, dodge attacks, and quickly pull out a weapon. 1(5)
Grace: Not all of his missions involved easy to access targets. Some involved a bit of acrobatics and stealth to reach. 1(5)
Accuracy: Not all of his duels involved the use of a sword. Some involved the use of a pistol or other ranged weapon. 1(5)

Mental:2
Eidetic Memory: Ricardo has a good memory, and is often able to recall information about a person or place. 2(4)
Last edited by Kojiro Kakita on Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hour of the Wolf:Lord Relar Sorin, Guardian of Northern Athel Loren, member of the Eternal Guard, and Lord of the Tower of the Eternal Forest.
[img]http://www.woodelves.org/bear.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.believemanga.com][img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/taintedwater/SigBar3.jpg[/img][/url]
Mel'Reyna

#24 Post by Mel'Reyna »

Give me a PM if you need an extra human character somewhere down the road!
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/Mel_Reyna/rogue-sig2.jpg[/img]
Kithail

#25 Post by Kithail »

Name: Celeste de Bilbali

Race: Human. Estalian

Appearance:
Celeste is a rather short woman, with a slim and fit figure. Although her frame is small and thin, something in her physique suggests that she's not as fragile as she should be. Her round features, with big almond eyes, and a heart looking mouth, gives her a cute look that she usually tends to disguise through cynical expressions and an ever present sarcastic smile. Her raven black mane of hair fall over her shoulders freely, moving easily towards her sides when she shakes her hair.

She usually uses practical and comfortable clothes over more flamboyant outfits, dressing with simple but tight leather breeches, an ample silk shirt covered by a simple leather vest, and knee high riding boots, as is common in her homeland amongst male nobles and merchants. This taste for using clothes more proper to men than for a woman is a quirk of her character, as she tend to quickly disregard those who try to treat her with gentlemanly manners as a "lady".

Although her clothes, in her currente presentation, are ragged, dirty and unkempt, a fashion-aware eye could notice that they were once of the best quality, with the softest and most expensive leathers used in the breeches, boots and vest, and that the silk is manufactured with Cathay silk, one of the most expensive fabrics available in the Old World. The cut of all her attire also belongs to an expert tailor, who used on them the latest trends in the highest circles of both Estalia and Tilea.

Background:
Celeste was born in the Estalian city and port of Bilbali, the daughter of a minor noble viscount, Manuel de Bizca, and the daughter of a succesful merchant family, Emilia Castellana. Having two older brothers that would inherit both the title, the responsabilities and the business of the family, she grew as a spoiled child, with servants eager to fulfill her demands, and parents willing to buy anything out to please the desires of the "Princesa", the house' Princess.

As she entered puberty, soon enough she grew weary and bored of the self satisfying life she carried in her father's holdings, and developed a desire for knowing exotic places and learning about different subjects. Being the object of the affections of her older brothers, they dedicated themselves to raise her in a different way her mother planned to, dismissing the tutors of lady's mannerisms, dance, etiquette and courtly behavior that her parents paid for her.

Both her brothers distinguished themselves in their different areas of expertise. Alonso, the elder, showed great talent in the military career, and was known as both a capable officer, as well as a reknown duellist, having studied the teaching of the great master of estalian fencing, Balboa. Meanwhile, Rodrigo dedicated himself to commerce, and traveled through his youth to distant places to acquire hard to find goods that held great markets around the world.

Alonso was in charge of giving Celeste private and hidden lessons about how to use the traditional weapons of the estalians Diestros, the rapier, the foil, the dagger, and the pistols, used in concert according to the Balboa school, and how to take care of herself on both a street fight and in an open field of battle. Meanwhile, Rodrigo instructed his sibling on foreign cultures, languages, geography and economics, through the tales of his travels to places as distant and fabled as Lustria, Albion, and Ulthuan itself. In both areas, the brothers were amazed to realize that Celeste showed aptitudes for everything they tried to teach her. Only thanks to the support of her brothers she avoided being married to the scion of another noble family, as her mother's wishes. After much discussion, her brother Rodrigo promised Celeste that she could join him in his next merchant trip.

When she reached 18 years old, her world suddenly changed by unexpected and tragic events. After Rodrigo returned from one of his travels, pale, ill and in a weakened state, a strange outburst of a never seen before virulent infection spread through Bilbali, a plague that caused those affected to be filled with pus until their lungs were unable to provide their bodies with air, and die. First his brother Rodrigo, then her father, her mother and all the servants who didn't flee on time fell as victims of the disease, that also claimed the lives of all the physicians that offered aid to the sick. Celeste was mysteriously spared of becoming infected, but left all by herself in an abandoned manor.

Taking advantage that the appointed heir of the house, Alonso, was away in Tilea with his company on a military foray, the always eager and greedy political and economic rivals of the Bizca house made their move, and with the help of the always present estalian inquisition demanded a complete quarantine of the lands of the Bizca, and all their possessions burned to the ground to avoid the spread of the plague.

Although they issued an order of capture against Celeste, given the strange circumstances of her survival, she was able to flee the night before the law officers came for her, with just her father's weapons, savings, and horse as her unique possessions. Knowing that his brother was in Tilea, she tried to reach him, as he was her only family and the only able to protect her from her pursuers.

Her travel to the south took more than expected. Without proper orientation, and having to avoid the common route to Tilea through Estalia, the Tramoto Pass, she traveled through Bretonnia for two years, first reaching Brionne, and taking the long route, during which she had to run away from orc bands, bandits, brigands, aloof bretonnian knights, and other pests of the wilderness. She learned to bribe, to disguise herself, and put to some use the sword techniques her brother taught her during her teen years. After crossing Carcassone, she had to cross the Irrana mountains to the south helped by a lone sheperd who took the last of her money for showing her the hidden pathways through the peaks. Of what he saw in the mountains, and how she crossed the blighted marshes to the other side, she has never spoken to anyone. She finally reached Tilea, under the name of Celeste de Bilbali.

After reaching Tilea, she realized that her problems were far from over, as she found out that the unit commanded by his brother was defeated at the doors of Miragliano, was scattered, and fled to one of the cities of their allies, Remas, Trantio, or Pavona. Without money, and without a means of transportation, she entered Miragliano and offered herself her services as a protagonist to one of the merchant clans of the city, that used her as a way to humiliate their rivals by letting a woman defeat them in a sword combat.

In Miragliano, while she tried to gather information about Alonso's fate, she learned about the harsh side of life, living on the edge, working to avoiding rape, thievery and death on the tip of another man's sword. Soon her job earned her a large amount of enemies, so she was again forced to flee to Trantio. After another long and troubled trip, she was forced to once again work as little more than a sword wielding thug, barely avoiding the worst abuses by the powerful and scheming factions of the Tilean city.

However, she was now an experienced fighter, knowing her way through the streets, able to solve problems through the sheer and quick application of wits, manipulation and the occassional thrust of her sword. It was in the end a night attack by a rat man in dark robes that almost killed her with a pair of glowing green blades what forced her to flee.

She soon reached Pavona, willing to lend again her estalian steel to anyone willing to humiliate a political or economic rival, while trying to inquire about his brother's whereabouts. The valet of a powerful noble, or a man that claimed to be so, soon contacted her after she quickly disposed of her first challenges, and offered her the definitive information about Alonso's fate if she accepted to ambush a man in one of the Pavona bridges.

Eager to end her task, she accepted, and over the bridge at midnight she found a pair of young men that at first refused to fight with her. Not willing to lose her own chance to find her brother, she unsheathed her blades and attacked them. A few seconds later, she managed to seriously injure one, and kill the other, an unexperienced fencer that almost impaled himself on her blade, and who by chance was the son of one of the most prominent families of the city. Soon afterwards, she was quickly seized the next day by the city guards, and summarily condemned to death by hanging for starting an illegal duel. Placed on the Saint Messerini cage, five days later she awaits her sentence...

SPAM SYSTEM

SPIRIT: 2

Celeste is not what someone would label as a "amiable" person. The difficulties and the tragedies of her life has affected negatively her empathy towards other human beings. During her travels and the last years of her life, when she had to watch and experience the death of her family due to a plague, and then the worse that both Tilea and Bretonnia had to offer, she lost a connection with the rest of mankind, and with a significant part of her feelings and soul. So, she's a detached, cynical, and harsh personality, because part of her mind and heart, the one linked to sympathy, mercy and compassion, is broken forever. She hides her emotional scars under a satirical, self confident, and cold facade.

Driven: Celeste is determined to find her brother and exact revenge on those who wronged her. Any attempt to manipulate her or otherwise control her actions meets a fierce auto imposed mental barrier. This skill is used when by supernatural or common ways she is trying to be controlled, seduced, scared, charmed, lied to, or manipulated. 2(4)

Celeste is not exactly a strong person, given her thin and slim frame, however, the hardships suffered during her quest has allowed her to be able to resist deprivation and all kind of damages. She also maintains herself in good shape, giving her an edge with most physical tasks.

Resilent: The inner conviction of Celeste is reflected in her body as well as in her mind. Her frame withstands all kinds of punishments with relative ease. She can take well physical injuries that could incapacitate other humans, at least until the rush of combat has ended, and can resist lack of sleep, food, or water for longer than one could expect from a normal person. 1 (4)

Blessed Blood: Due to sheer fate, a genetic condition, or thanks to her survival of the plague that ravaged her home and family, Celeste is particularly healthy. It's difficult for her to be affected by normal diseases and the plagues, contagions and afflictions that are common in the Old World in general and in Tilea in particular. Her body also seems to be able to negate the worse effects of poisons and drugs. 2 (5)

Agility: 4

Celeste has developed an excellent balance, alongside with excellent reflexes and eye to hand coordination. For a human, she is lithe, agile, and fast beyond normal average.

Balboa's School: Celeste was trained in the traditional ways of the estalian fencing master Balboa by her brother Alonso, and added practice and experience by herself during her years as a sword for hire. She is equally able to use any light piercing or slashing blade, alone on in combination with either a dagger or a buckler. However, her abilities are augmented when she wields a foil or a rapier in one hand, and a dagger or short sword in the other, because her thrusts and slashes become a flurry of controlled and precise blows. 2 (6)

Parry: Celeste has business to attend and problems to resolve before dying, so she tends to adopt a fighting style that prioritizes quiet and sober defense over all out attacks and charges. Most melee attacks directed at her must first penetrate her quick skill to deflect incoming attacks, be it with any of her blades, a buckler, or with a cloak. 2 (6)

Thanks to the early teachings of her brother Rodrigo, Celeste is not just another uneducated street thug. Her noble heritage is plain to see to anyone that asks the right question and look in the right direction. She is smart, quick of thinking, and witty. Plus, she stores in her memory most of the lessons received during her training.

Read and Write: Celeste is able to read and write in several of the languages she knows to speak, although she's far from being a talented drama writer. 1 (4)

Speak Languages: Through her travels and education Celeste was able to grasp several foreign languages. She is fluent with Tilean and Bretonnian, can speak Reikspiel slowly, and is even able to defend herself in a short and simple elven conversation. 1 (4)

General academic knowledge: Once upon a time, Celeste was a careful listener to her brother's lessons and an avid reader. Although she isn't a scholar, she still retains lot of general knowledge about various subjects as geography, history, literature, art, and even the simplest bases of science as mathematics or chemistry. 1 (4)
Last edited by Kithail on Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Draknir Reaverblade

#26 Post by Draknir Reaverblade »

Remember the name Deangelo Scarastro.
Kithail

#27 Post by Kithail »

Is my character ok? What do you think?
Illidan Hellforge

#28 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Kithail wrote:Is my character ok? What do you think?
You'll hear that Sunday next week. ;)
[size=75]Illidan:I can't do anything about it! It's a proven fact that men think of sex at least every 20 seconds. >_>
Illidan Hellforge

#29 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Name: Norau Sige

Height: 1,93m

Appearance: Norau isn’t only big in length, he’s pretty muscular too. He has white hair at shoulder length and green eyes. Before he was captured he wore his custom designed iron armor, blue of color and with a black trim, covering his torso and legs. His preferred weapon is his two-handed axe called Anguish.

Now that he’s in prison however he wears simple clothes and no axe.

Background and Reason for Execution: Most people that know Norau know him as the silent and strong mercenary that gets the job done. Not much is known about his past and Norau prefers it that way. As a mercenary he was mostly hired for protection when a traveling merchant went on a long journey or if a noble wanted to go out hunting wild animals. His jobs often required him to jump into the fray and use his strong hands or powerful axe to fend off thieves and in some cases wild animals.

In his latest job he got a fat pay for protecting a merchant called Gomez as he made his business in a Tilean city. Back then Norau didn’t pay attention to the fact that the merchant was going into all kind of shady buildings, he was there to protect and the protection was definitely needed in those places. In the middle of a meeting with some of the other merchants the door was kicked in. Norau, who was standing next to the door, saw a sword stick through the doorway and as the figure entered Norau slammed his two-handed axe Anguish straight into the man’s stomach slicing it open.

Looking more closely Norau saw that the man he just killed was from the city guard. He had a moment to give the merchant a questioning look before guards came pouring into the room from all directions. Seeing all the merchants at the meeting raise their hands Norau sheathed his weapon and followed the example. The guards kept Norau under close watch as they saw the blood dripping from his axe. Then a man walked in obviously being the guard captain.

“So we finally caught you Gomez la Viella. You and the rest of your black market scum will co-operate in catching many more of you criminals.” He said.

Norau stared in shock for a moment at Gomez. The self-proclaimed honest merchant had tricked him into accepting this deal and now it was his fault he got caught up in this mess. Norau felt his anger boil as he realized this. If Gomez would have been honest about this then it wouldn’t matter for Norau but the fact that Gomez tricked him into this was infuriating for him.

He charged his way through the guards towards Gomez unsheathing Anguish. He slashed out dealing a heavy blow to Gomez’s shoulder missing his throat by a few inches. The guards were immediately on him and even though Norau was strong he could only watch as ten of the guards dragged him away. Seeing that Gomez wasn’t bleeding heavily and that he seemed to stop breathing satisfied Norau however, he got his revenge on the criminal that tricked him.

He was sentenced to death for killing a guard and gravely wounding a key man in their search for black market merchants. They took his armour and weapon and put him in a heavily guarded prison hoping to keep the big bulk of muscle inside its walls. Norau had no intention of awaiting his fate however, upon hearing the news that Gomez la Viella was alive and set free for assisting the city guards he swore that he would get his revenge, Gomez would die before he did. The only thing he needed as an escape opportunity and that’s where Andrissano came in.

Personality: Norau is a very silent person, using words only when he deems it necessary. If he wants to get information he uses threats and violence over sweet talk and negotiating. He stays emotionless and calm in nearly every situation, not fearing death or worse.

It is rumored that Norau used to be different when he was younger but the people with knowledge about that are either dead or not willing to talk about it.

Skills and Abilities:

Spirit – 3

Strong Will – Norau doesn’t fear what fate can bring, not even death. His enemies can throw threats at him what they want but he stays unaffected by it. – 2(5).

Persuasive – Being a silent person would make negotiating quite difficult but he has found a simple solution to it, threatening. Standing before a man with information while cracking his knuckles often made them nervous and if he would lift them by their throat with a single hand they would often be much more willing to answer. And if they still didn’t, then Norau could just practice his throwing arm. – 2(5).

Physical – 4

Incredible Strength – Norau is tall and muscular and that has its benefits. In a fight it gives him the extra strength for a strong knock-out punch or decapitating axe blow but it is also useful when handling heavy objects for example. – 2(6).

Tough – Norau doesn’t count on avoiding blows; he counts on being able to take them without too much trouble. Of course he’d do his best to avoid an ogre’s club though, he isn’t stupid after all. – 2(6).

Resistant – Norau used to protect a poison maker from various enemies and he got paid in something much more valuable than gold. As payment the poison maker gave Norau non-lethal doses of the poisons so that he could build an immune system for it, he also managed to get resistant to alcohol which has it good and bad sides. – 2(6).

Agility – 2

Mental – 3

Basic Dispelling – Knowing that he was quite vulnerable against magic with his fighting style he sought for means to defend himself against it. For that he accepted a dangerous mission from a mage who was studying dark arts of magic. The mage would attempt to summon Undead abominations and it was Norau’s task to put them back to rest if something went wrong. To repay Norau the mage taught him how to defend himself against at least the basic spells. – 2(5).
Last edited by Illidan Hellforge on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrond DoomSong

#30 Post by Elrond DoomSong »

I'm not gona get involved. To much of a commitment. Sorry people