Desperate Times

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Sir Cyris deLonse

Desperate Times

#1 Post by Sir Cyris deLonse »

OOC: This may interest a few of you. Just to help you get a better idea of where we are.

Cyris overlooked the courtyard of his ancestral home, Castle deLonse, with an ill eased heart. The flickering torches causing shadows to dance about the stone walls with a fervent carelessness. Such strange events had come to the one sanctuary he thought he had left in this world. His castle was where his family was protected; the grimness of the world beyond its ancient walls was a distant dream when he stood within them. But now it seemed that darkness and danger had finally come to siege Cyris' life. Shades and ghosts, visions of the future, had begun scaling the walls and there was little that he could do to stop them.

He sighed heavily. It had all started when his son, Leon - now twenty six years of age - had come to Cyris with the tale of his strange dream. In it, Leon had been told to travel to the land of Quenelles and seek out some strange girl who apparently was the key in finally tipping the balance in the endless struggle between light and darkness.

Hmph. Cyris had little time for such idealistic thoughts, the world was one of greys, not light and darkness. But if the woman who spoke to Leon in his dream, who they believed to have been The Lady - Bretonnia's goddess - then there was little Cyris or his son could do in terms of being skeptical or doubtful. It seems The Lady had entrusted Leon deLonse with a task that was integral to the ongoing survival of the world. Who were they to reject such a command?

So Leon had taken the Questing Vow but his own journey would be far different to the many others undertaken by so many hopeful nobles throughout Bretonnia. His journey would not be alone, but with others.

And just as Leon?s dream has said, others had come. Strange and surprising characters had made their way to Cyris? ancestral home, and they all seemed gathered here on this one night. This was far too significant to dismiss as mere coincidence?

There was that elven mercenary who Isabella, Cyris? wife had hired to locate a valuable amulet that had been lost. Cyris and Leon had been far too busy with these recent and strange revelations to retrieve the amulet themselves and so they had made use of this ?Illidan? to find it, returning this night. He seemed nice enough for a mercenary, and an elven mercenary at that. However, when the Bretonnian Lord looked him in the eyes there was coldness there?

Stranger had been the arrival of the High Elf Aranel, a Swordmaster who was the spitting image of a traditional Asur; haughty, tall and noble. Cyris had welcomed him into his home with open arms as the deLonse?s had long been friends to the people of Ulthuan. The Bretonnian Lord was an Admiral and so had fought alongside the fleets of the High Elves before, and they were a people worthy of his respect. But this Aranel? his mind seemed preoccupied, as though he were searching for someone.

Foulest of the bunch was that drunk, Wolfram. He was the kind of man who had very little business in a land like Bretonnia but still he had come. If even a person like him was to join his son in his ?quest? then the situation must be dire indeed. By the look of him, Cyris would have guessed he had just come straight from the Spring Festival in Bordeleaux ? the Bretonnian Lord decided he would keep his wife far from the sights of this Wolfram.

Then there was the Arabyan. Strange that one his people would be found so far from his own land but there was a determination that Cyris sensed within the strange man. He had yet to introduce himself? but the time for that would come soon. The Grail Lord was interested to know why one such as him had traveled here on this particular night.

Strangest of them all though was the girl known as Mel, she looked barely nineteen but there was a degree of experience and hardness to her character that Cyris knew many would underestimate. She wore that odd mask too, perhaps it was of some tribal significance, Cyris had no idea. He guessed if her figure was of any evidence then she was indeed a beautiful young woman. But such base desires as lust had long since been hidden beneath the veil of sainthood for the Bretonnian Lord. What could possibly have brought her here, wondered Cyris

Finally, there was the man known as Nikoli, who was nothing but a mystery to the Bretonnian Lord. When Cyris had introduced himself, the man didn?t seem to even have a comprehensive reason for traveling to the L?Anguillian castle. While Nikoli spoke, the knight sensed a terrible sadness within this man, as though he carried the weight of the world on his shoulders?

Hurried footsteps shook Cyris out his reverie, the Lord turned to see one of his many servants bowing his head.

?Milord, I have come to announce the arrival of another visitor, as per your orders.?

Cyris nodded. ?Who has it??

?A man who calls himself Thanatos, shall I grant him entry?? The servant replied.

The lord was quiet for a time. ?Yes, let him in.?

The servant bowed and hurried off, but not before Cyris called out. ?Did he say why he had come here??

?He only said that he had been brought here by a map, milord.?

The knight nodded, motioning the servant away, who bowed once more.

Well, the easy part was out of the way ? which was to simply wait for all these mysterious individuals to arrive. Now the hard part, getting this group of complete strangers to agree to accompany his son on a journey to ?save the world?, as it were.

Cyris sighed.

The wind blew.
Cyris stood in the courtyard, his son beside him. The strange visitors had all been asked to assemble here and the Bretonnian Lord was half surprised they even showed up. Cyris eyed the strange group, absently stroking his trimmed beard. The lord was fifty eight years of age but looked barely forty ? such were the powers of the mystical Grail.
With a deep breath, Cyris stepped forward, addressing the group with an authoritative voice.
?It seems that fate has conspired, in many different ways, to ensure that all of you were here on this certain night. I am sure you are wondering what this is all about and that question brings me to the reason why we?re here.?

The lord paused, his eyes scanning the group. ?My son, one week ago, experienced what many knights of Bretonnia experience in their lives ? a vision from our goddess, The Lady. Usually, the Lady speaks to a knight and he goes out alone in search of the grail. This was different??

The younger figure of Leon then stepped before the group. ?In my dream, I saw a vision of the future. The world was been destroyed, completely and utterly and there was nothing anyone could do stop it.? Leon spoke with a serious note in his voice, this dream had obviously affected him deeply. ?But then The Lady spoke to me, she said that this endless struggle between good and evil, light and dark ? both sides, I hate to admit, are of equal strength and if we keep warring like we have then we will surely all be destroyed. But a child exists, right at this moment who one day could grow to such power that she could tip the balance! She could end this never ending war.?

Leon could tell there were those in the group who seemed unconvinced. ?Please strangers, listen to what I say. The Lady said this child was not born to either light or dark, that this child was still yet to pick a side and whichever she chose would be victorious. I was bidden to find and protect this child, she may be found in the town of Perrache in the dukedom of Quenelles. But? alone, The Lady said, I would achieve nothing and that is why you are all here. She told me that others would come, come like you all have. The fact that such a strange group has gathered here on this one night is proof that I do not speak nonsense!?

Cyris smiled, and began to speak once more.
?And so, we believe you have all gathered here tonight to accompany my son on this imperative journey. We believe that here, right now, we can begin the steps to see to the defeat of evil and the finding of salvation. If The Lady is correct, then this child must be sought out before the forces of darkness find her and bend her to their side.? He motioned his hand across the group. ?And you all must be the ones to do this. It is this group here that must see to the safety of this child so that she may choose the side of the Light and to its victory.?

Leon crossed his arms. ?What say you, strangers??
Last edited by Sir Cyris deLonse on Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/Mel_Reyna/Cyris-sig.jpg[/img]
[i][size=75]If this is all a dream, don't wake me up.[/size][/i]
[quote]Now thats funny. Cyris, I knight you 'Sir Witty for the day'.[/quote]
Aranel

#2 Post by Aranel »

Aranel bowed and smiled to the Bretonnian Lord.

"My name is Aranel Telemmaite of Saphery. My Lord, Belannaer, gives you his best wishes, our most trustworthy and gracious Ally. I have been sent here to aid you after a letter had been received. My orders are to treat you as my own lord, so I am your most humble servant."

He examined the lord. He seemed a fine man worthy of respect. A battle-hardened and intelligent man, and seemed skillful with a sword.

"I think we'll get on most fine."

He took out a small canteen and took a sip form it. In the canteen was some wine. He offered some to the lord. He wanted to get on the lord's good side.

"Would you like a drink, Lord deLonse?"
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#3 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

EDIT: OOC: I'm sorry, but I only just realised I had a PM, so I'm changing my opening.

IC: Slipping through the shadows in the castle, Nahaz found himself overlooking the courtyard. Interestingly, there was a large group of people surrounding the lord of the manor, something the assassin had not been expecting. Intrigued to see what the meeting was about, Nahaz leaned against a pillar above the conversation, listening intently to the whispered mutterings below.
Last edited by Prince_Asuryan on Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Ghost

#4 Post by Ghost »

Nikoli looked to all that had assembled to help this young lord on his "quest" to find the child of great power...What a peculiar bunch.

"What of this child's parents... Are they warriors who will be able to hold him safely while we ride or shall we have to make great haste before they sell the child away to slavery or kill it?"

He pictured it now, saving the child and returning it to the safety of this here palace, they would be heros and die with names of honor. However he had this new feeling, one thriving to go save the child for it's sake, so that it can live a regular life...

"What of the child after we save it? Will it be sent to war at such young age or housed until it grew old enough to be a warrior?"
Illidan Hellforge

#5 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Illidan took his words seriously for he believed that dreams could sometimes predict a future event. He stepped forward to speak.

"So accompany a group of people I don't know on a quest find a child that can save the world? Sounds like an adventure with a probable wealthy outcome. I'm in!" He said with a smile.

He walked forward to Lord DeLonse and Leon.

"I also have some good news for you." He said and he opened his hand. Inside was the amulet they wanted him to retrieve.

"I'll spare you the details. I retrieved the amulet and here it is."

He gave it to Leon with a warm smile and he then turned to the Lord.

"There's no rush with my payment. As long as I have it before we head off so I have some money to spend on the journey. And something more important, tell your friends about me and my successful work. There's one thing more important then money in my business, being renowned, the better people know me the sooner I get myself some good jobs like this." Illidan said and he gave Lord DeLonse a wink.

Illidan thought it must be strange for them to see a Dark Elf so kind. But he didn't care. He wasn't the typical cold-blooded and mean Dark Elf. He was himself.

Illidan then turned to the rest.

"For those of you who don't know me yet, I am Illidan Hellforge. I move from city to city earning myself a living as a mercenary. And I get an insight in everyone's culture which I like too. You will all probably experience me nicer then the other Dark Elves you've met before. Also because you won't see me killing innocents for money, no matter how high the price is. Anyway, I hope we can find help Leon and the world. And have some fun while we're at it too."

Illidan was in a cheery mood like he mostly was. He just successfully finished a job and got a new one already. And he was interested in working with the... peculiar group he was going to work with.

He looked at all of them, getting a first impression.

The first one to catch his eye was the woman wearing the mask. He found it a strange sight to see a woman with beautiful composure hiding her face.

Next was the Arabyan, one of the few races he haven't met before in his life and Illidan was eager to speak with him to learn more about his culture.

Then his eyes passed the High Elf. Illidan didn't hate High Elves but he always watched them carefully. High Elves acted aggressive to him mostly in his past and he wouldn't let his guard down near him.

Then he looked at the drunk for a moment wondering what he was doing here. He didn't seem like man to adventure, more like one that sits in the tavern drinking all day. He wondered if he had a special role in this mission that Illidan didn't know.

And then the last one, another human. This one looked normal enough at first sight but when Illidan looked closer he saw he had a cross around his neck and also a few wounds there. Illidan knew there was a tale behind it but he wasn't going to bring it up now as it was probably a sad one.

All together a peculiar group and Illidan liked it that way. It would be a new experience for him and he likes new experiences.
[size=75]Illidan:I can't do anything about it! It's a proven fact that men think of sex at least every 20 seconds. >_>
Mel'Reyna: hehe
Mel'Reyna:i only think about it every 21 seconds
Mel'Reyna: :D[/size]
DarkTyrany22

#6 Post by DarkTyrany22 »

Thanatos was the last to be lead to the courtyard where the deLonses had gathered everyone. A quick survey of the others did not reveal much to Thanatos. The only obvious beings were the drunkard and the two Elves, which were two more than Thanatos had seen in his life. The rest seemed a bit conservative, if not downright secretive. Soon, their hosts began to speak.

Afterwards he was surprised to learn that one of the Elves was a Swordmaster and the other was a Dark Elf. Quite an odd pair of Elves to have, and both having prior connections to the deLonses.

Addressing Nikoli, Thanatos began, "Slavery and murder of a child by their parents? What grim past have you had, stranger?"

Not waiting for an answer, he spoke to Leon, "I was brought here by a mysteriously appearing letter and a map I found 5 feet in the ground. After that I don't find what you say hard to believe. The least I can do is accompany you to find the child."

Indeed, there was some reason for this gathering to have occurred, and Thanatos was not one to fight what was apparent.
Last edited by DarkTyrany22 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jyrus Yenlukhaesrath, High Prince of Tiranoc - 211 Slain; 26/4/6
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/drtjuu.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg1-2z7vn.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/vacfvv.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/b4vh6w.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/phoemze6.gif[/img]
Aranel

#7 Post by Aranel »

It was shortly after Aranel had offered the lord a drink, that he noticed a foul Druchii. One of the reasons he was here was to rid this Dark Elf. He didn't seem much of a threat, but a Druchii is a Druchii. He wasnted to slay the Dark Elf where he stood, but he saw it wise to not do anything other than Ignore the fact he was there. He would concentrate on helping this child save the world, for Aranel had also learnt of this Child.

He walked to leon and crouched, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"My life is in your hands. You have my sword, and my allegience, young master." The High Elf said, and he took up a place next to Leon.
Sir Cyris deLonse

#8 Post by Sir Cyris deLonse »

Cyris and his son both bowed low to the High Elf, the Lord had a great respect for the people of Ulthuan, it had been the actions of an Elven Prince who had saved Cyris' life whilst he himself was upon the Quest. Leon spoke first. "Thank you, Aranel. It is an honour to have you with me."

Cyris spoke next, after taking the wine canteen and enjoying its contents. "I have seen firsthand the skill of the Swordmasters of... Hoeth, correct? You are a great asset."

Leon smiled and extended his hand, hoping that shaking hands was a custom amongst the elves.

As Leon and Aranel exchanged greetings, Cyris turned to the group.
"Know that it was not by my doing that you all came here, whatever strange reasons spurred your coming to this place, it was surely the work of forces we cannot yet understand."

Illidan the mercenary then placed the deLonse's amulet - a family heirloom - in the lord's hands. Cyris nodded in appreciation. "Many thanks to you, Illidan. And if this quest is successful I am sure you will have no trouble being renowned - nor will you have any trouble with money, if you return I will ensure your services are well paid for." He turned to the group. "That goes for all of you. If you require payment, then that is not an issue."

The man known as Nikoli then spoke, Cyris seemed hesitant to answer his question. "This child's parents? It depends on whether they are a noble or a commoner. Either way, it will be a difficult thing... I will let Leon speak further on that once you are underway. Once you find this girl, return her to this castle and then we shall deliberate on what our next course of action will be. Fear not Nikoli, we will not send this child to her death. She will be well cared for.

Cyris then turned to this Thanatos.
"Five feet in the ground? Truly?" The lord ran his hands through his hair. "It seems we are all being forced into this quest by a force that is totally unknown..."

The Bretonnian Lord noticed there were still others who had not yet made their intentions known, and he awaited their reponses. All these strange occurences must be affecting Cyris, he could have sworn he just saw a shadow move up on the battlements...
Mel'Reyna

#9 Post by Mel'Reyna »

Mel kept a good distance from the others, listening quietly, trying to avoid attention as much as possible. Of course, under regular circumstances, she would have never risked her life on such a mission unless there was a fortune to be made from it, but it seemed that she had no choice.

-"I'm in."

She spoke without much enthusiasm and kept it short in order to stay out of the spotlight.
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/Mel_Reyna/rogue-sig2.jpg[/img]
Draknir Reaverblade

#10 Post by Draknir Reaverblade »

Wolf Falke eyed around the hall. Phew. Quite fancy place to live, in comparison to the rattraps Wolfram had spent most of his time. Wolf glanced at the bunch. Elves, men... strange. Wolf didn't care much what would the mission bring to him, but the most obvious and most important thing was money.

"Aye sir, Wolf Falke is me name and hunting is my game- for hunt of coin, I mean. Fine lil' cottage you have here."

The hall was so high that one had to look carefully to see it's roof. Wolf grunted.

"Why is everyone so damn silent?" he asked.
[img]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/Draknir/Draknir_sig.png[/img]
Illidan Hellforge

#11 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Illidan replied to the lord, happy to hear his words.

"Those are only the good extras in this mission lord. The most important thing is saving the girl and the world of course."

Illidan laughed shortly at Wolf's remark. He liked it when people were talkers as he liked to talk but he could understand it if people were shy when they first met new people.

"Maybe some of the people are not much of a talker but I believe everyone has an important role in this. I think we'll all prove our worth sooner or later Wolf."

Illidan looked around the group again.

"This is one odd bunch of people... It'll prove a worthy and enjoyable adventure I think" Illidan thought and he smiled a little to himself.
[size=75]Illidan:I can't do anything about it! It's a proven fact that men think of sex at least every 20 seconds. >_>
Ghost

#12 Post by Ghost »

"Well i guess i'm in-"
An odd bunch they were but everyone should be able to pull their own weight around... Last thing they needed was somebody holding them back.
DarkTyrany22

#13 Post by DarkTyrany22 »

"I'll be up for idle talk when we're underway, but now it seems a waste of energy." He hoped this 'subtle' hint would focus people more on the pressing matters of getting started.

"Well, since everyone seems to have agreed to the journey, I think we should discuss our route to... Perrache was it?"

Thanatos pulled out his map and laid it out over his knee in front of the Lord deLonse and his son. "Now, my map only has the names of places on my route to here, where is the child from your dreams at Leon?"

OOC: I'm assuming the best way for Thanatos to have arrived would be Altdorf->Marienberg->Chantillon->L'Anguille->Castle deLonse
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/drtjuu.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg1-2z7vn.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/vacfvv.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/b4vh6w.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/phoemze6.gif[/img]
Draknir Reaverblade

#14 Post by Draknir Reaverblade »

Wolf had no hurry to watch at the map laid by Thanatos. He dug a long pipe from the pockets of his dirty leather coat and a silver device with which he put it to fire. The thick smoke erupting from the pipe made a couple persons around him to cough, but Wolf sucked the pipe with pleasure. Wolf had never liked Elves very much, much due to their higher level of hygieny, and blew a cloud of stenching smoke from through his bad teeth towards Swordmaster Aranel's pale face.

Wolf flashed a wide grin and walked towards the map.

"A child? Are we after a child? Is she made of gold? As I presume the answer to be "no" I have to wonder: Why all the trouble? The world is going to hell in a basket and we chase a lil' kid."

Wolf coughed and sucked an almost lethal amount of fumes inside his body from the pipe. Some Lustrian weeds he had been sold in Marienburg. Wolf spit to the floor, but when he realised that this was definitely not a tavern, he quickly moved his boot on the spittle.
Aranel

#15 Post by Aranel »

Aranel turned his head away in disgust after Wolf's actions. He put his hand on his swords hilt, but decided against slaying the wretch after his insult towards him. Aranel knew he'd always be probably the rashest of all of the adventurers, but he would not draw swords against a Frie.... Fellow companion unless Wolf struck first.

"Vile creature. You have no sense of manners at all, do you? I eve nget the impression you do not care about the task that has been set upon you.

Trust scum like yourself to act in such a vile manner. I can hardly believe you have even been set upon this quest, but if Lord deLonse has seen fit you are to go upon it, who am I to question his word?"

Aranel coughed and his eye watered, and he wiped it off.

He moved over to the map and knelt next to Thanantos, waiting for Lord deLonses word on what Thanantos ahd jsut asked. Aranel was also keen to know where the child would be.
Illidan Hellforge

#16 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Illidan didn't smoke himself but he wasn't bothered by the smoke hanging around him. He did find his actions disrepectful, especially spitting on the floor of this place.

He was interested in the map as he could plan ahead where to visit if they were going to rest in a town.

"Sounds like a good plan Thanatos. Let's have a look at that map."

He looked over the map keeping comfortable distance from Thanatos.

When he heard Wolf talk about the girl he sighed a little.

"Wolf, some of us believe that dreams can predict events in a way. And Leon's dream predicted the event of a group looking for the child that can change the tide for the good or the worse. You may choose to believe in that or not. Either way, hearing you speak you only think about money. Then see it this way. Bring the child back here safe and get paid. That enough reason for you?" Illidan said and he winked.

He then gave a closer look at the map.
Amun-Lothain

#17 Post by Amun-Lothain »

Dasim had wandered the castle for hours, trying to discover the reason he had been sent here. He knew many crusading Brettonians had robbed the tombs of Nehekhara, or had stolen artifacts from cities in Araby as trophies of victory. The castle was richly decorated, but he found nothing that had belonged to the ancient ones. Why then was he sent here?

He stood in the courtyard, dressed in pure white robes, with various trinkets and talismans of gold and jewels hanging from him. As he glanced over the crowd and listened to the story, Dasim was skeptical. He regarded the Brettonian lords coldly, their crusading armies had destroyed and stolen much in desert lands.

He stepped forward and pulled down the cloth covering his nose and mouth, bowing stiffly, "The will of the gods is strange, Brettonian, and it is not my place to question them. I will accompany you until they give me a sign to do otherwise." He stepped back, covering his face once more to avoid the smoke. He leaned back against a pillar and fiddled with one of the talismans he wore as he thought. He had no need to look at the map, he went where the gods willed him.
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1459/lvl1.jpg[/img]
Setesh Akhen-Isfet, Commander of the Heralds of Oblivion
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#18 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Nahaz found himself unusually interested in the dealings going on below him. He told himself he needed to steal the items he'd been sent here for and leave, but for some unknown reason, he found himself unable to tear himself away from the crowd. Still, he thought grimly, he still had the strength of will to remain hidden for now, that was the main thing...
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Sir Cyris deLonse

#19 Post by Sir Cyris deLonse »

Cyris nodded to the masked woman. In all his years of experience, the Bretonnian Lord had never encountered such a mysterious girl, what strange events had led her to this castle? Perhaps he would never know.

"I'm glad you find this 'cottage' to your liking, Wolfram." Cyris said with little humor.

It was then that Dasim spoke to the lord with his measured words. Cyris replied in turn. "Very well, desertman."

Leon moved past Aranel, kneeling beside Thanatos and presenting a map of Bretonnia. "The child is said to be in the town of Perrache, just on the border of Athel Loren." The young knight spoke the last with a note of tension in his voice. "This is the route my father and I have decided upon. While it would be safest by horse, we think that haste is far more important here. We shall ride to L'Anguille from this castle, then take a ship down to the city of Brionne." He said, drawing his finger slowly along the proposed route. "From there, we take a boat up the river Brienne, disembark at the end of it and walk to Perrache. It will be nearly a months journey."

Cyris stepped forward. "All the provisions you will need have been accounted for prepared for the tripl. If there is anything else you require, do not hesitate to ask." He paused, sighing heavily. "Well, it seems fate is not without a sense of humor, throwing us together like it has. None of you are bound by oath or vow to see this journey to its very end for it could be perilous. Go as far as your heart wills. And with that, I will say good night. May The Lady smile upon us all."

The Bretonnian Lord bowed slightly to his guests and made his way from the couryard, trying to push thoughts of doom and death away from his mind.

Leon then stood, and began addressing the group. "That is our route, friends. We will leave at first light tomorrow for the city of L'Anguille."
Last edited by Sir Cyris deLonse on Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost

#20 Post by Ghost »

Nikoli examined the route carefully trying to see any places where they might find trouble...

"Good choice in route, this way nobody can abandon the group during our journey. However i must ask, how many know of your sons journey? I would say it is best to keep it low for the more people that know, the more endangered this girl's life and bring more trouble to our voyage."
Aranel

#21 Post by Aranel »

Aranel nodded as the route was heard.

"I am not sure of where some of these places are, but I am loyal to my orders, and shall walk through water and fire to accomplish my goal, if Leon is willing to do the same."

He took a sip of his wine from his canteen, before putting it back on his belt, which held his Canteen, his scabard which had his fine blade in, and a pouch with some herbs in.

"I shall go as far as my life will let me. The only thing that will stop me is death. There will be no turning back from me, that I can assure you."

The tall elf warrior walked off to explore the castle and find somewhere where he could possibly get something to eat, and some supplies.
DarkTyrany22

#22 Post by DarkTyrany22 »

Thanatos watched carefully as Leon traced their intended path. "Very well," he said, standing up as he folded the map and placed it in his vest.

He watched as Aranel walked away, down one of the hallways linked to the courtyard. "I believe the Swordmaster has the right idea... is there a place for us to retire for the night, Leon?"
Draknir Reaverblade

#23 Post by Draknir Reaverblade »

"I see, we are chasing a dream? That's curious, that brings a story to my mind when i was still working under the colleges... there was this count who saw constant nightmares and actually his servant, the old lady, had tentacles in her... ahem... well, as i have experience of this and me pistol hand needs practise. Let's get this show on the road."

Wolf sneered and took his broad-brimmed hat from his head.

"And, if my attitude brings you the picture of disrespect, I have to humbly, deeply, sincerely whatwasthewordagain apologize for my attitude."

Wolf then glanced at the map, wrinkling his forehead.

"Perrache, is it? I once met someone who was coming there... I was in Marienburg, and there was this guy in fine silk clothes... ah yes, Dante Scarastro was his name, a Tilean mercenary captain. The Cutthroat of Sartosa. Nice fellow, but a formidable opponent with cards. oh, please notify me if I chit-chat too much, will you?"

Wolf was about to walk away, but seemed to get an idea and turned again to lord Cyris:

"How many taverns are there in the route?"
Mel'Reyna

#24 Post by Mel'Reyna »

Mel listened as Leon continued to describe the mission and route that they would take, choosing to remain quiet as she didn't really have anything to add. She just wanted to do whatever it was she needed to in order to get rid of her mask as quickly as possible. Once most of the details were given, she followed the high elf as he made his way out of the courtyard, hoping to find some food and whichever room that she'd been assigned. She didn't feel like asking for directions though, or speaking to anybody for that matter, so she just followed the tall elf, assuming he knew where he was going.
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/Mel_Reyna/rogue-sig2.jpg[/img]
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#25 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Even in the gloom of the castle, Nahaz recognized the route of the map the people below were looking at. The town name sounded familiar, but he couldn't place where from. Most likely a previous victim had hailed from that town.

Nahaz wasn't an evil person, just one with little in the way of morals and compassion. He wouldn't kill someone because he could, he simply did it to make a living. It was like a job to him, and the motives of his clients were not of his concern. But, like many men, Nahaz still held some vestige of honor, and like all men, he was concerned with self preservation. He wouldn't hurt a child, he refused those jobs. And if this child could end the world, well, that would be poor for his own well being.

Besides, he couldn't continue the way he was living, like a begger looking for a job. From what he'd heard, his Guildmasters men had been seen passing into Nuln, the home of his current Employer. No, he decided, life was getting to enclosed, and it was time for him to disappear again.
His mind was made up, deciding that he would help this group rescue the child. He may even be able to convince the DeLonse family to help him escape the guildmaster.

So thinking, Nahaz dropped silently to the floor of the courtyard below, still remaining in the shadows, waiting for a moment to join the group, probably when the knight was left alone.
Amun-Lothain

#26 Post by Amun-Lothain »

Dasim leaned against a pillar, arms crossed, eyes closed, he prayed to the gods for a sign that this was not the purpose for which they had sent him. He smirked beneath his scarf as Wolf spoke. The northern men were incredibly crude.

He opened his eyes slightly and glanced around, thinking he'd heard something off in the shadows. He dismissed it and returned to his meditation, probably just a servant or another member of the ragtag group the Brettonian had assembled. At that point, he wouldn't have been surprised if an ogre had walked through the door. Such a strange group they were, he would be surprised if they didn't kill each other before the end of the month. He mumbled quietly, "Be merciful, mighty Ptra."
Sir Cyris deLonse

#27 Post by Sir Cyris deLonse »

Leon kept his eyes focused on the map as he answered Nikoli's question. "No one knows but myself, my father and my mother. We decided it was best not to bring this before the King or any of his council, the last thing we want is this child having undue attention. However, I have no idea who else may know of her. I was told in my dream that we should make haste for the followers of darkness know of her existence and have the same objective as us."

The young knight smiled as Aranel made his commitment to the mission known; he was glad to have one as skilled and dedicated as him aboard. If the stories about the High Elf Swordmasters were true then any foes who came before the group would have much to fear.

The knight then stood and turned to Thanatos. "Yes, of course." The young Bretonnian clapped his hands, the call soon answered by a humble servant girl. "Show the guests who wish to retire to their quarters." The girl bowed low with an awkward curtsey.

Leon was then aware of Wolf's 'speech', turning to face the strange man. "There will be many taverns, master Wolfram. But I suggest you focus on the real mission here. We need to find that girl, once that is done you can drink all the liquor you want. Bretonnia possesses some of the world's finest wines, I'll have you know."

As Leon was done making less than amusing quips he saw the slender figure of the masked girl follow after Aranel. His father was right, she was very strange.

The young knight then spoke to those left. "I suggest the rest of you get some rest. We have a long journey ahead of us."

And with that, the members of the group left the courtyard, the young knight now alone with his thoughts. Thoughts filled with countless questions and so few answers. The visions of destruction that the dream had shown him were still burned into his mind's eye and they troubled him greatly. There was a part of him that just wanted to get as far away as he possibly could from all this, leave the hardships and danger behind. But he was a knight of Bretonnia, he told himself, and death is preferable to cowardice.

With a heavy sigh, Leon moved to one of the castle windows, gazing out across the star flooded sky.
Last edited by Sir Cyris deLonse on Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Amun-Lothain

#28 Post by Amun-Lothain »

Dasim had followed the girl to the quarters prepared for him. He glanced around at the luxuriously decorated room, and the bed. He had never slept in a bed before.

He decided he would have to be a bit more tired to fall asleep in such a strange place, so he left the room to wander around the castle again, perhaps there was an artifact he had missed, or perhaps he might find some answers as to why the others were here.
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#29 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Seeing the courtyard now deserted, Nahaz moved out from the shadows to confront the knight that had remained behind.

"Knight of Brettonia" he said, in a quite, but slightly raspy voice, "I would offer my services in this... undertaking."

"I may not be the man you want, but neither am I the man you think I am. This will make little sense to you now, but hopefully soon, It will become apparent."

The Assassin waited for the knights reply.
Sir Cyris deLonse

#30 Post by Sir Cyris deLonse »

Leon turned around instantly as the raspy voice of the intruder echoed across the courtyard. The knight had his sword out in an instant, fearing that the enemy had already come. However, an ally had apparently come in the stead of a foe. The Bretonnian eyed the stranger suspiciously, he hadn't even heard him approach.

Leon didn't lower his blade. "Your services? Who are you, how did you get in here? Speak quickly."

As a knight, the young Bretonnian had little love for those who snuck about the shadows but he was smart enough not to doubt the skill of a man who could just sneak into a castle like this one. If this stranger had come to kill Leon, then the knight was prepared to defend himself.