Library

Important game and board announcements and website or forum related topics

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ricold
Wise Old Dwarf

Library

#1 Post by Ricold »

I long aspired to get the library software working again. However I have to be realistic that it wasn't going to happen.

elendor_f PMed me yesterday to ask if I could help getting him access to the library. In the process, I discovered that the library software (running on a virtual machine copy of linux from 2010) has an export feature. After a bit of faff, I have managed to get everything I have for the old library backed up as plain .html files. No software, just very basic copies of the content. After uploading a ton of the support files to ensure it would work (like the header image, the css, and all the pictures), and doing a massive find and replace for all the links so they link correctly, it turns out that dumping the files onto a server works to give the appearance of the old working library.

So I offer out a link to the old library. No guarantees of anything are made, including longevity or stability. But given it's a series of straight html files, there's no reason it should break any time soon.

http://talismancy.com/Ulthuan/map.html

(I know that's a talismancy.com address. I don't have or want access to the Ulthuan server any more)
Ricold, Not site owner any more, largely absent. PM me if you want me. PM Prince of Spires if you need the head Loremaster.
Daeron
Scotty? Laforge? Kaylee? Engy? Evil Wrench?

Re: Library

#2 Post by Daeron »

Were the files for the library supplied during the migration? I could try to get the online on Ulthuan.net.
Oops
Ricold
Wise Old Dwarf

#3 Post by Ricold »

Probably... ?

The files would have been in either root, /home, or /library, the database prefix was modx_.

If not, my local copy can be packaged up. But it doesn't work on a modern server due to using a deprecated version of php.
Ricold, Not site owner any more, largely absent. PM me if you want me. PM Prince of Spires if you need the head Loremaster.
Daeron
Scotty? Laforge? Kaylee? Engy? Evil Wrench?

#4 Post by Daeron »

Hmm.. that does pose a challenge. I could set up a virtual server with an older version of PHP... Not sure how old I can go.
Oops
Ricold
Wise Old Dwarf

#5 Post by Ricold »

This is why we didn't have a working library when I handed you the site
bloody nunchucks

#6 Post by bloody nunchucks »

Whoa. Didn't expect to ever see this again. Nostalgia incoming.

Thank you.
I used to play:
High Elves
Tau
Retribution of Scyrah