New forum layout

Important game and board announcements and website or forum related topics

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

New forum layout

#1 Post by Prince of Spires »

As I'm sure you have noticed, we have restructured Ulthuan.net a bit. With the changing world of fantasy tabletop gaming, we felt we needed to change Ulthuan to match this new reality.

We have divided the forum into two parts. The first, Hobby discussion / Port of Lothern, focusses on the hobby part of wargaming (though, yes, playing the game is also part of the hobby of course). This includes general discussions, painting and modeling and fluff discussions. We have also added the off topic forum to this part for people who enjoy some random banter or non hobby related discussions.

The second part of the forum, Armies of Ulthuan / Fields of glory, focusses on the gaming side of wargaming. We have made space for the different gaming flavours, with forums for out of the box Warhammer, it's different modifications and also for different games as Kings of War. Battle reports and blogs can span multiple systems and are a trademark of Ulthuan.net we feel. And therefore they get their own forums there.

We would love to hear peoples opinions about the changes. There still needs to be some moving around of topics to let them end up in the correct forum. But that should get done in the coming days. One thing at a time :)

On behalf of the Moderation team

Prince of Spires
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: New forum layout

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

Some further changes have been made.

We have introduced a new 'Archives' subforum which (currently) contains all tactics and armylist topics from 7th edition and early 8th. Our goal here is to concentrate all interesting discussions in a few logical places and at the same time keep the old stuff accessible and easy to find.

Of course, it's very possible that we have archived one of your favorite topics. In that case, shoot me a pm or post it here and we'll move it.

If you have any questions or comments then please let us know.

On behalf of the Moderation team

Prince of Spires

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
RE.Lee

#3 Post by RE.Lee »

Appreciate all the work you guys are doing - its a tough time for the forum and the hobby as a whole.

Personally I tend to keep to painting/modelling parts of the various forums nowadays - thats one bit of the hobby that stays the same no matter if we're talking 6th, 7th, 8th, 8&1/2, 9th, Furion's etc... The visual bit is what got a lot of people into the hobby and keeps them here.
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Galdor

#4 Post by Galdor »

Yes, thanks guys. I'm liking the new layout so far and it makes sense with all the changes going on.
John Rainbow

#5 Post by John Rainbow »

RE.Lee wrote:Appreciate all the work you guys are doing - its a tough time for the forum and the hobby as a whole.

Personally I tend to keep to painting/modelling parts of the various forums nowadays - thats one bit of the hobby that stays the same no matter if we're talking 6th, 7th, 8th, 8&1/2, 9th, Furion's etc... The visual bit is what got a lot of people into the hobby and keeps them here.
I'm with Lee on this one. I like the new forum layout and have similar feelings about the game in general.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#6 Post by Prince of Spires »

Another update on the forum structure. It's been a year since the previous changes and the gaming landscape is still in motion. So, we're looking to adapt the forum again to meet the new reality. We are looking at implementing the following structure (give or take a bit)

Code: Select all

Hobby discussion / Port of Lothern
- Website Topics (merged with "Announcements" forum)
- General fantasy discussions / Tavern of Cothique 
- Painting and modelling 
- Tales and Stories / Great Library of Hoeth 
     - Subforums: High Elf Culture, Story telling, Role Playing
- Off topic 
- Lothern Trading Port 

Armies of Ulthuan / Fields of glory
- Warhammer 8th edition (move Warhammer mods, Tactic Articles here)
     - Subforum: Rules Questions
- The 9th Age 
- Age of Sigmar 
- Other Games / Realms beyond the Gates (merge them)
- Army blogs / Battle Reports (merged)
- Beneath the waves / The Ulthuan archives 
     - Subforums: 8th ed - Tactics Forum, 7th ed - Tactics Forum, 7th ed - Army lists, Warhammer: Age of Reckoning
I'm looking to implement this somewhere over the next week or so. So if you can't find something anymore it's probably my fault. Of course, if you have any input, put it here or give me a shout via pm.

Prince of Spires

Check out my plog

RE.Lee

#7 Post by RE.Lee »

Sounds good - merging some of the more quiet forums is a good idea (Tactics was redundant). Not sure 8th needs a Rules Questions subforum - not that there's much need for clarifications these days, I think a sticked post on top (FAQ/Errata) of the main forum would be enough.
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#8 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

RE.Lee wrote:Sounds good - merging some of the more quiet forums is a good idea (Tactics was redundant). Not sure 8th needs a Rules Questions subforum - not that there's much need for clarifications these days, I think a sticked post on top (FAQ/Errata) of the main forum would be enough.
With links to the last FAQs, if anyone still have them digitally. Not that the HE book ever got one...