Planned downtime

Important game and board announcements and website or forum related topics

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ricold
Wise Old Dwarf

Planned downtime

#1 Post by Ricold »

For once, I'm actually laying plans for some of the mess that will be going on here.

I realise it's been less than a year since I took over Ulthuan, and caused you all hell while the site went down as I transferred it from one server to another, but I'm doing it again. At some point in the next few months, Ulthuan will be being transferred to the server that currently hosts Druchii. I will continue as your technical Loremaster, but I will be doing some degree of sharing of that role with the Druchii technical admin Daeron. I will be dealing with most of the coding, he will be caring for the server itself.

I thank you all in advance for your patience while this happens.

This is the start of a large collaboration between the technical administrators, partly to save money (Why are we paying three times for three hostings when one will do?), and partly to try and implement improvements across all three sites at once, to boost traffic and similar. There's a thread around here somewhere with some of the plans we've been considering (And links through to the matching ones on Druchii and Asrai).
Ricold, Not site owner any more, largely absent. PM me if you want me. PM Prince of Spires if you need the head Loremaster.